No announcement yet.

What we know about Haymon complete summary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
    There wasn't much here, certainly not to justify this being a 5-part series...but I'm sure Ring website probably got a lot more traffic this week than usual which is probably why they did it.

As for what little there was in Part 5, there were a few small items:
    That last part is pure speculation and I don't believe it one bit. A unification trumps a mandatory. The WBC would much rather have Wilder as champ than Povetkin. Povetkin does nothing for the WBC. He's 37 years old and an American HW champ is more valuable to the WBC than a Russian. If GGG can be stepped aside 3 times for non-unification fights, Wilder can use one step-aside for a unification fight.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Hauser writes two, maybe three long pieces like this a year. He did one on Haymon and one on Floyd last year. Was it necessary for him to do another one on Haymon when there is nothing new to report? This article basically quoted 4 different articles that are already the 4 most quoted when talking about PBC. With the access he has at HBO and nobody writing about what's going on at HBO and their budget, would that had a been a more necessary story? Fans are wondering why Loma-Walters only getting offered $1mil. Crawford going to PPV. Cotto-Kirkland going to be on PPV. Herschman and Taffert leaving and Nelson's former job still not filled. There is way more going on at HBO than PBC.
      There are many reasons to be critical of Hauser. I personally think he's a hack writer & have said that on numerous occasions, but one of those reasons is not did he need to write this article. He's a writer & he can write about whatever he wants to write about. He used to write a ton of stories about HBO all the time. Then HBO hired him & like most good employees he doesn't talk bad about the people writing his checks. Haymon would probably do himself a world of good by just hiring him away from HBO & Hauser can start ****talking HBO again.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        But it's not in one place it's in five different articles. And once you start reading the articles you're going to go read the other articles he's quoting.
        Still rather than searching all that out it is compiled already, so for someone interested but not wanting to put in the effort to track all that stuff down and didn't already know this stuff it would be useful.

Comment

Thanks Al..

Comment

Wait...where's the part about trannys?

Comment

He said a whole lot of nothing other than "PBC os bad" "It will Fail" LOL

This dude is weak.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                Wait, what? That was actually a thing?
                Haymon is health conscious, eats a lot of chicken and vegetables, and drinks cranberry juice mixed with club soda. “He isn’t a let’s-go-out-for-dinner-together kind of guy,” says someone who has done business with him for years.

He likes classic old movies and good contemporary ones.

And I told you people would grasp at any BS he said. "Multiple sources said..." And then trying to pass along something as fact: Haymon wanted Wilder-Martin, not Wilder-Povetkin.

Based on this series it's safe to say that their desperate attempts to kill this guy off...has failed. Next step: Court, where Haymon will pay what he has to and keep it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Haymon is health conscious, eats a lot of chicken and vegetables, and drinks cranberry juice mixed with club soda. “He isn’t a let’s-go-out-for-dinner-together kind of guy,” says someone who has done business with him for years.

He likes classic old movies and good contemporary ones.

And I told you people would grasp at any BS he said. "Multiple sources said..." And then trying to pass along something as fact: Haymon wanted Wilder-Martin, not Wilder-Povetkin.

Based on this series it's safe to say that their desperate attempts to kill this guy off...has failed. Next step: Court, where Haymon will pay what he has to and keep it moving.
                  This is ****ing priceless. I'm glad I now know that oh so important nugget of info.

Comment

A man that's been in business for over 30 years and there best you can come up with is a cheap shot quote from a college roommate about Haymon's battle with depression in college. No wonder he only writes about boxing. He would be a pariah in any other sports media.

Comment

Finished part five this morning and I must say it wasn't all that great. It's more on a compilation of the Haymon/PBC saga but nothing more.

It's well written and brings up interesting subjects but it didn't have the finish Hauser promised and was a big let down. Like others have said, this could have been just a 2-3 part article.

Comment

Working...
                      X