Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry guys.............the man has earned his respect. at this point it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks..............it's obvious that the guy is a tremendous talent.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
      Actually the lasting impression Manny has given so far is of a warrior with courage and no fear. Taking risks to make a fight worthwhile for the fans. And giving his opponent his due. The only lasting impression I have of Mayweather meanwhile was the sucker punch on Ortiz. I don't remember anything else meaningful that sticks out.
      Taking risks as in being stupid and getting knocked out because of his mistake? Well give that man a medal for being an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        it's more like : "he's on top becuase of manny's fall"

it's by default
        LOL Pacquiao became number 1 by default.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
          You sound like he should be given credit for what happened to Pacquiao. You're ridiculous.
          Some how Floyd beating marquez raised his (jmm) boxing iq and power leading to the knock out of PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            LOL Pacquiao became number 1 by default.
            no he didnt he rose to fame when Mayweather was retired .then he beat Hatton & Oscar after Mayweather .....oh wait...

Comment

Andre ward is a more complete fighter than Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is the better defensive fighter though.

20 years from now people will stay say the Haglers, Durans, SRL's etc are better than Floyd. Ward is a young kid and he's already on his way to moving up to LHW, where he's already defeated the kingpin of that division. Can Floyd honestly say he's fought the best, at their best, and made everyone look bad without controversy? No. He has 2-3 fights already that go under scrutiny. Ward is a special talent, and I used to really try to find holes. All you can say is that he fights in his backyard.
              Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 12-12-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

If Floyd pulled what Ward done to Dawson ye would be up in arms
                Wards best wins are Froch and Kessler
                He is a great talent but not better than Floyd and doesn't deserve no 1 spot yet

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  If you want people to read your post (I'm sure you do, otherwise why bother), you should probably refrain from typing in caps.

http://uxmovement.com/content/all-ca...users-to-read/

I don't understand your point on Martinez and Ward. Surely you can see they don't receive as much criticism - because they take on the best and do not in any way act arrogant.
                  Barker? Murray? Macklin? Dzinziruk? give me a break, damn near every fighter in the P4P list has a padded record or has fought recently against guys that weren't a real challenge, let's stop acting like Floyd is the only guy that does it. The only guy who I can make a case for that actually challenges himself is Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                    He is a great talent but not better than Floyd and doesn't deserve no 1 spot yet

P4P list isn't only about talent, he's fought much stiffer competition than Floyd has over the last 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                      He's surpassed Floyd. He's more active, more complete, and dominated a tougher division. Floyd's biggest wins are over guys who just went through career altering wars or are just flat out old. He didn't fight a healthy Baldomir, and got a huge gift vs Castillo.

Granted, I can give him a pass sorta on Baldomir but seriously there is too much bull**** behind his match making. Same deal with Pacquaio. Catch weights or not its added bull**** to the equation. Ward has 1, and let's be honest after round 1 Ward had figured out Dawson so clearly that anyone who studies the game can agree that a fight at a higher weight wouldn't change much.

Floyd hasn't fought the competition Ward has. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X