Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LET'S SCORE: Paul "The Punisher" Williams vs. Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

115-113 Lara....

Comment

williams schooled him, body work, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
        115-113 Lara....
        yep, same score as i had it.

Comment

When judges get suspended you know the fight was a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            When judges get suspended you know the fight was a robbery.
            In the history of boxing, with all the robberies and all the bad decisions, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              In the history of boxing, with all the robberies and all the bad decisions, I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before. Have you?
              I can't think of any off the top of my head.

CJ Ross got practically fired for scoring Mayweather Canelo a draw but that was after that fight of course.

Comment

Round one: Williams
                Round two: Williams
                Round three: Lara
                Round four: Williams
                Round five: Lara
                Round six: Lara
                Round seven: Lara
                Round eight: Williams
                Round nine: Williams
                Round ten: Lara
                Round eleven: Lara
                Round twelve: Williams

Could have gone either way!!!!!!

Comment

This is a good example of a robbery. The range of plausible scorecards in my opinion are anywhere from close win for Lara to wide win for Lara.

But it's always good to try to keep yourself in check by questioning your beliefs and keeping your mind open, so I think it'll be a good exercise for me to re-watch the fight.

1- Lara clearly
                  2- Lara lost the first minute or so but hurt Williams in the middle of the round. Closer round.
                  3- Lara landed the more effective punches, but I thought Williams may have landed more punches total. Hardest round to call so far.
                  4- Williams clearly. Lara didn't do anything for most of it. Beautiful shot at the end by Lara though.
                  5- Williams outworked Lara in this round. Not enough answers from Lara to give him the round.
                  6- Williams close. Williams landing a lot of little punches to Lara's few but clean, thudding blows which in a way is the story of the fight.
                  7- Lara clearly
                  8- Lara
                  9- Lara
                  10- Williams close
                  11- Lara
                  12- Lara close

116-112 Lara.

I just have such a hard time imagining Williams getting 7+ of these rounds. Seems exceedingly generous to give Williams all of 2-6+10+12 or something like that. I wonder what rounds the judges gave to Williams...
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-03-2017, 04:06 AM.

Comment

So if I'm really trying to get the most out of this.. should compare the scorecards with my own scores

So the consensus rounds are:
                    Lara - 1, 7, 9
                    Williams - 3, 5, 6, 10
                    Seems a little generous but not outrageous for Rd 3 to be a consensus Williams round. EDIT: BM donobagaV made me realize that one judge actually scored rd 3 even.

The remaining:
                    Round 4 - Two for Williams, which I thought was a clean Williams round
                    Round 8 - Two for Williams, seems off to me
                    Round 11 - Two for Williams, seems off to me
                    Round 12 - One for Lara & two even, can't complain too much about that.

So my real pain points with the judges are with rounds 8 and 11. And after rewatching those rounds another time I haven't changed my mind about them. Especially 11 which was a super clean Lara round.
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-03-2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

3 rounds were 10-10?
                      I mean, interesting, but I subscribe to the 10-9 as the gold standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X