Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brady surpassed Jordan on the GOAT list (debate)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Brady surpassed Jordan on the GOAT list (debate)

I think Brady eclipsed MJ on the GOAT list. here's why. without Pippen or Rodman by his side MJ never won any rings. Brady takes any given roster with sometimes subpar talent to the biggest stage and wins. without Pippen Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs. when he was 39 with the Wizards he failed to lead young talent to the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference. Brady at 41 just got a chip when he was called old and washed up all year long.

and winning a SB is ten times more difficult than NBA finals. one bad game and youre done there's no best of 7 series.

How old are you and why do you post here?

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post

I think Brady eclipsed MJ on the GOAT list. here's why. without Pippen or Rodman by his side MJ never won any rings. Brady takes any given roster with sometimes subpar talent to the biggest stage and wins. without Pippen Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs. when he was 39 with the Wizards he failed to lead young talent to the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference. Brady at 41 just got a chip when he was called old and washed up all year long.

and winning a SB is ten times more difficult than NBA finals. one bad game and youre done there's no best of 7 series.
      Lol - MJ was going to win 4-6 rings regardless of where he played and who he played with.

If Brady didn't have Belichick I honestly don't know if anyone would even really know who he was. He is kind of a hot head and without everything being perfect for him I don't know how he would have fared.

Rivers and Romo would probably have just as many titles with Belichick for 20 years, and Brees Rodgers and Manning would have more. Peyton would have won about 8 times in 10 years if he had Belichick. Brady is not even the best of his era.

Comment

Jordan is undefeated in the finals. The Patriots won 10 games with out Brady when he was Injured.

Period.

Comment

They're different sports. I don't get the connection. It's not like boxing and MMA where at least both sides fight. The only similarities between football and basketball are that they're ball sports, and people make points. That's about it. Plus, let's suppose Brady were better somehow, despite this. Would it really mean anything? Steroids get better over time, and of course new athletes will perform better and for longer than those of old. Look at Lebron James, dude rarely takes games off for injuries. If he can keep that up, he will rival Jordan when it's all set and done, on longevity at that level alone.

Comment

Jordan never lost a championship to an Eli Manning caliber guy

Comment

Let’s face it, Brady got lucky in two Superbowls (Seattle and Atlanta) because of poor coaching decisions of opposing team. He gets more flags thrown in his favor for phantom pass interference, holding or roughing passer calls than any other QB. Patriots are known and proven cheaters. They also build their offensive line around him and he has all the time in the world to throw the ball. Marino was a better QB and he had no rings.

Comment

1 player has far more of an impact on a team than in football. Way too many variables for football teams, and players compared to basketball.

And agree with the previous poster that said Manning would have just as much success, if not more than Brady with Bellicheck.

Comment

I don't know if I would call nfl QB an athlete tbh

Comment

Neither are nowhere near the top list.

Winning national trophies in small sports worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                    X