Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kellerman Explains Why Ruiz Pulled Off Shocker Over Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah blah. He lost because he kept his left hand down by his side all night , crouched down to the smaller fighter size and stayed in the pocket too long . Aj can win the rematch but he must use his height and reach advantage and box. I know some people on this board have said he shouldn’t have went for the ko after dropping Ruiz in the 3rd but that is how he got his other 20 ko’s. If he didn’t go for the ko in the 3rd people would be saying he let Ruiz off the hook and should have went for it .

Comment

Yea I was about to say that crap was on TV last week well these quotes from kellerman dam their pretty late here on this site

Comment

VADA. AJ physically and mentally/hormonely looked like he had his balls chopped off.

Comment

Originally posted by MEXfistology View Post
          I can't take Max kellerman serious anymore after he said that pacquiao was better than mayweather, even after mayweather schooled pacquiao
          That's because you're an idiot who didn't understand what he was talking about...

He never said Pacquiao was better, he said Pacquiao had a better legacy by virtue of being an 8 division world champion.

He made a comparison using Roberto Duran, who lost to Hagler, Hearns Sugar Ray decisively yet he's still ranked higher than them in all-time rankings because of what he accomplished.

Comment

let me summarize what Max is trying to say...Joshua is soft and can't deal with adversity. Poor, sheltered Joshua didn't have a ref that held his hands and made sure he kept the fight at a safe distance or allowed him to call his own timeouts.

Comment

I'll make it even simpler for you, Max. The guy with cojones won.

Comment

Kellerman is right. Ruiz has that amateur pedigree. He's been fighting his whole life. He's had over a 110 amateur bouts compared to Anthony Joshua's 43.

So naturally, he is the more technical, scientific and fundamentally sound of the two. Joshua needs to go back to to the drawing board and correct his mistakes.

By him taking this immediate rematch with Ruiz, then he is only going to get blitzed and bum rushed all over again.

Comment

Even though Ruiz looks like a fat bum, he isn't. He has a good chin and is game, unlike what his body might look like. He has good defense on the inside, and AJ simply was too desperate for the KO for whatever reason (can speculate all day) and got caught. AJ was going in for the kill as if nobody can take two of his maximum power shots, so he overrated his own power and the dog in the fight of Ruiz. After AJ is hurt, he's unable to adapt and kept trying to knock out Ruiz in the same way opening himself up as if on cruise control mentally. Even Parker wasn't dumb enough to engage Ruiz close up like that because he sparred him before. AJ could've followed his trainer's advice and work from the outside from range until Ruiz is ready to go by round 6. AJ is overrated on many fronts so it is what it is.

Comment

People love to overanalyze. AJ dropped Ruiz and had him hurt. AJ went in for the kill to finish Ruiz and got clipped in the process. AJ never really recovered from that temple shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                      Blah blah. He lost because he kept his left hand down by his side all night , crouched down to the smaller fighter size and stayed in the pocket too long . Aj can win the rematch but he must use his height and reach advantage and box. I know some people on this board have said he shouldn’t have went for the ko after dropping Ruiz in the 3rd but that is how he got his other 20 ko’s. If he didn’t go for the ko in the 3rd people would be saying he let Ruiz off the hook and should have went for it .

He only did that of the left hand 10 seconds in round two

He thrown 50 jabs in first two rounds

And he Lost the first two rounds too,

It was not only the exchanges, Joshua had problems since the beginning of the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X