Will Andrade fight Jacobs in 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will either jacobs or charlo fight andrade thats the real question

Comment

I would definitely like to see an Andrade-Jacobs fight. It looks like it would be competitive and maybe 50/50 which is always interesting going in.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        No they won't. There will be no fights between them 2 and Charlo. Yet they'll all act like entitled brats saying they deserve their big shot

they will earn their shots by becoming mandatories. and then we will see if ggg continues to fight his mandatories like he's been doing the last 5 years. or will he start vacating and ducking.

charlo/wbc
        andrade vs sergiy/ibf
        murata/wba
        jacobs chasing Billy joe/wbo

imo, golovkin wont face any of them because he is gonna lose the rematch to canelo. then canelo will vacate all the belts so he doesn't have any mandatory obligations
        Last edited by bluebeam; 02-09-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Will andrade fight in 2018????

Comment

A fight with charlo is much more likely, they're friends so I doubt they want to fight each other. Im hoping the fight with Derevyanchenko gets made before anything

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              I think he's been horribly managed and about as poorly promoted as a fighter could be. He's also probably let it happen to a degree too by not being aggressive enough regarding his own career. The HBO deal is a lucky break and I think despite his young age really his last chance to really be a big name. He has to grab the chance and I expect him to have a good year this year. The Devreychenko fight will really shut up a lot of people and test him as well. I really hope that's next and suspect it will be.
              im from RI .....and i think something that always seemed to puzzle me was him going with deguardia off the bat....even though he didnt medal he was still considered pretty much a blue chip prospect......i also kind of assumed one of the big boys would be all over him....or even dibella at least......joe is not exactly a joke but i just thought he would have been with someone a bit bigger...i cant think of too many stars deguardia has broken really off the top of my head

andrade may have been hamstrung by his region and hometown a bit...but i figured he would have had a better option coming in ......always seemed a bit weird to me...maybe the big boys werent interested i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                im from RI .....and i think something that always seemed to puzzle me was him going with deguardia off the bat....even though he didnt medal he was still considered pretty much a blue chip prospect......i also kind of assumed one of the big boys would be all over him....or even dibella at least......joe is not exactly a joke but i just thought he would have been with someone a bit bigger...i cant think of too many stars deguardia has broken really off the top of my head

andrade may have been hamstrung by his region and hometown a bit...but i figured he would have had a better option coming in ......always seemed a bit weird to me...maybe the big boys werent interested i dunno
                It's just strange. He won his world title pretty much before any of the other amateur stars from around that time too. I think only Danny Garcia beat him to a title and Garcia was being pushed well by GBP and getting good exposure.

Andrade has just been stop start since beating Vanes. He'd get a premium cable date, impress and then wouldn't fight for a year. 5 fights in 5 years right in his prime. Hopefully he takes this HBO chance because 160 is talented and deep. He has a pretty big personality too so he's not some hard to promote no charisma guy.

Comment

They grew up together, unless one of them has a belt, if not multiple belts, I'd be surprised if they ever got it on.

Comment

guys relax, the ink isnt even dry on the contract sulecki just signed today... they have to see how things play out before they decide on the next opponent they go after.. their #1 goal obviously is to get the winner of ggg canelo.

Comment

Jacobs demolishes Andrade in my opinion. Jacobs is a big MW with real power.

Comment

Working...
                      X