Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Survives Huge Scare, Knocks Ortiz Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
    Wilder needed this experience. Ortiz showed why he is so avoided. The difference in amateur pedigree was grossly apparent but Wilder took Ortiz best shots and showed the heart of a lion. AJ will get wiped out and I expect Hearn to make a new excuse to help "build up the fight".
    I don’t agree Wilder showed anything that points to him wiping out AJ. He did a good job and his stock has risen, but he still gets woefully off balance and out of shape, Ortiz is just too slow and old to do much about it. I think the match up with AJ is more exciting after tonight...but wipe him out? Nah It’ll be close

Comment

• Originally posted by Just looking View Post
      Are you seriously thinking Joshua has a jab anywhere close to Wilder's? Joshua's jab is as basic as it gets and can't reach well. Don't judge Wilder's jab because of a fight with a southpaw
      His jab was non existant in this fight for the most part. When he really needed to use it he didn't. So yes I'm judging his jab off this fight, heck the Gerald Washington fight as well. When he fights someone close to his size he doesn't use his jab effectively.

Joshua knows how to use his jab to set up punches, Wilder is basically a 1-2 fighter with power. He himself said in a post fight video with Radio Raheem that he isn't going to work on his craft since he keeps winning. That's pathetic

Comment

• Quote:
        Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        As for this fight and Joshua/Wilder... while Wilder did show he has some resources in reserve and some talent, and deserves credit for it... Joshua/Wilder will be a definite 50/50 fight, just like I said this fight would be... and was. Ortiz NEARLY stopped Wilder, or did some of you not notice? Ortiz, the fighter every naysayer thought was 50 years old, nothing if he wasn't juiced up, and was supposedly slow and worthless. So, according to YOU guys, Wilder beat another can. Woo hoo! I never thought Ortiz was a can, but you naysayers sure did!

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        World, Its time for you to observe a hater. This man assured that Wilder would lose, and was prepared to gloat the night away. Instead of being a humble man and admitting he was wrong, he found a way to put down the man he wa supporting to win all in an effort to put down the champion. This my friends, is a man who doesn't know happiness. Who only finds drop of pleasure in the shortcomings of others because his life has been so filled with his own shortcomings. Observe with pity and avoid at all costs, lest you fall into the dark hole of hatery yourself.
        You're an idiot top to bottom. I SAID before this fight that it was 50/50, and it was that. And I praised Wilder after this fight for surviving near defeat. Just because I've called hizzazz out for nearly FORTY cans at this stage, and I don't coddle him like you do... that doesn't translate to hate... except in that empty head of yours, DA. Get new parts for your head, idiot bwaaaay. LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

• Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          You must not understand the sport very well. You train 8 +/- weeks for X fighter, then Y fighter comes in as substitute. Then it's an entirely different fight... one you are not prepared for. Why, with as many times as we've seen that happen in recent years, are there still some of you guys who just don't get it YET? I really hope Joshua rematches Takam, and I think he might, just to shut you clueless clowns up on the subject.

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
          Man stfu, how many weeks did takam train for aj? They both were given the same time. That robot is gona malfunction, he is gona hit air all night and when he does bum rush he getting taken out
          Your mind doesn't seem to work so well there bubba. Do less drugs, and you'll find that just maybe you can develop some cognitive skills and normal reading comprehension. Takam is Takam, DA. He's always fought the way he fought Joshua. And Joshua trained for an entirely different style, whether your DA will admit it or not. He did NOT do SOME training for Takam along with the training he was doing for the other guy. GTFOH loser bwaaaaay. Joshua/Wilder IS a 50/50 fight. End of story.

Comment

• I don't think any of they factored into his decision. Ortiz was mandatory, so he didn't really have a choice.
            I agree though that I don't think he to the Whyte offer seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
              Even if we exclude a couple of loud haters (loosers) Wilder still wasn't loosing some of those rounds when people screamed he did. Round 2 for example was close (I gave it to Wilder).

All 3 judges had it 85-84 before 10-th eound BTW.
              Yeah man, I had it Ortiz 1, 2, 7, 8; Wilder 4, 5, 6, 9; the 3rd was a draw for me and could go either way, the judges even give Ortiz 10-8 when he didn't drop Wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                His jab was non existant in this fight for the most part. When he really needed to use it he didn't. So yes I'm judging his jab off this fight, heck the Gerald Washington fight as well. When he fights someone close to his size he doesn't use his jab effectively.

Joshua knows how to use his jab to set up punches, Wilder is basically a 1-2 fighter with power. He himself said in a post fight video with Radio Raheem that he isn't going to work on his craft since he keeps winning. That's pathetic
                He was landing some, but more important, he was keeping his opponent's guard busy while taking his vision, the pawning jab tatics worked very well. Wilder's jab has a lot more uses than Joshua's, like you said, Joshua can only measure the distance and set up punches, but can't control or even annoy the opponent. Again, in a southpaw vs orthodox fight, the jab don't work in the same way and he knew if he throwed a lot they would just give chances for Ortiz to counter

Comment

• I hope wilder beats em all. But ill say this. This crop of hw's are a bit boring and not so skilled. Wilder should change trainers and get someone that just shows him to go in and kill. Because he aimt gonna be a boxer for sure. Ortiz old ass needs to retire after throwing one punch and huffing and puffing. And still almost fookin won. I was a little suprised. I thought wilder was gonna try and steamroll him and really make a statement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Just looking View Post
                    He was landing some, but more important, he was keeping his opponent's guard busy while taking his vision, the pawning jab tatics worked very well. Wilder's jab has a lot more uses than Joshua's, like you said, Joshua can only measure the distance and set up punches, but can't control or even annoy the opponent. Again, in a southpaw vs orthodox fight, the jab don't work in the same way and he knew if he throwed a lot they would just give chances for Ortiz to counter
                    He wasn't even able to keep Ortiz at bay with his jab either, as a matter of fact the first punch that hurt Wilder in the 7th was a right hook over that pawing jab, Ortiz was even throwing his jab over Wilder's and catching him with it. He should of snapped the jab but for some odd reason chose to arm punch and paw with it even though it wasn't effective. Heck he doesn't even know how to keep distance with it, it's sad. I really wish he'd work on these things but like the majority of power punchers he's fallen in love with his power and although it's bailed him out thus far it's not going to always work out for him that way. I wish Emmanuel Steward was alive to teach this dude how to fight

Comment

• I had D.Wilder winning the first half of the fight & Ortiz winning the second half then D.Wilder came back to lead by a round before the stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X