Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING: Derek Chauvin, kneeling cop, has 3rd degree murder charge DISMISSED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: Derek Chauvin, kneeling cop, has 3rd degree murder charge DISMISSED

Which is what I told people would happen.

Now, the most he can get is 15 years for unintentional murder. And I strongly doubt he gets that.

https://abc7.com/3rd-degree-murder-c...auvin/7242804/

Originally posted by ABC News
    A third-degree murder charge against a former police officer involved in the death of George Floyd has been dismissed.

A Hennepin County judge dismissed the charge Thursday against Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer captured on video pressing his knee against Floyd's neck.

The state has five days to appeal.

However, the other charges against Chauvin - unintentional second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter - still stand.

Under the state's sentencing guidelines, a conviction on unintentional second-degree murder carries a presumptive sentence of 12.5 years. But a judge can order a sentence ranging up to 15 years without departing from the guidelines. For second-degree manslaughter, the guidelines call for four years in prison, or a discretionary range up to 4.75 years.
    People in L.A. had better get ready to burn it down again.

Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 10-22-2020, 11:04 AM.

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Which is what I told people would happen.

Now, the most he can get is 15 years for unintentional murder. And I strongly doubt he gets that.

https://abc7.com/3rd-degree-murder-c...auvin/7242804/

People in L.A. had better get ready to burn it down again.

I called this chit.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's still facing 40 years. That's the 2nd degree murder Max. They dropped the lesser charge.

But not sure if the sentence would be concurrent or consecutive, as that will depend on the judge.

Comment

The autopsy came out and showed floyd died of a fentanyl overdose and his body showed no signs of strangulation or dying from compressed air waves. He was really high on meth and had in all likelihood just shot up the fentanyl before the cops showed up.

The video of his arrest of that incident and one from a year earlier show that he acts like the same clueless idiot when approached by police. He killed himself case closed.
        And not to mention he had broken into a woman’s home and beat her while holding a gun to her pregnant stomach threatening to kill her and her unborn child

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyhands420 View Post
          The autopsy came out and showed floyd died of a fentanyl overdose
          False.

Manner of death: Homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I'm pretty sure he's still facing 40 years. That's the 2nd degree murder Max. They dropped the lesser charge.

But not sure if the sentence would be concurrent or consecutive, as that will depend on the judge.
            The 2nd degree murder is unintentional 2nd degree murder, which has a common charge of 12.5 up to 15 max (depends on the judge).

He's off the hook as far as "he INTENDED" to kill that man. The only charges left now are "well, someone died, but he didn't plan to do it/didn't want to do it".

They couldn't prove the standard for intentional murder; which is what I said would happen. Him kneeling on the neck is not intent to kill, it's intent to harm, if the person dies, that's manslaughter which is the lowest charge and MOST LIKELY what they get him on.

Comment

The 2nd degree murder is unintentional 2nd degree murder, which has a common charge of 12.5 up to 15 max (depends on the judge).

He's off the hook as far as "he INTENDED" to kill that man. The only charges left now are "well, someone died, but he didn't plan to do it/didn't want to do it".

They couldn't prove the standard for intentional murder; which is what I said would happen. Him kneeling on the neck is not intent to kill, it's intent to harm, if the person dies, that's manslaughter which is the lowest charge and MOST LIKELY what they get him on.
              Check out the charging document, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                Check out the charging document, brother.

Which is assuming 3rd degree murder is included. It's not.

When they quote "not more than" they're including the maximum length based on included charges. At the time, 3rd degree was included. Now it's not. Now, the max is 15.

Go look at the court record.

Comment

Which is assuming 3rd degree murder is included. It's not.

When they quote "not more than" they're including the maximum length based on included charges. At the time, 3rd degree was included. Now it's not. Now, the max is 15.

Go look at the court record.
                  Why do you think it's assuming 3rd degree murder is included?? If you post the court record, I'll look at it.

lol. That's not what the "not more than" means in that charge. That's for that one specific charge, brother.

Judge dismisses third-degree murder charge against Derek Chauvin in death of George Floyd but he still faces charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter

If convicted of his two remaining counts, Chauvin faces up to 40 years in prison for second-degree murder and 10 years for manslaughter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yds-death.html

Granted, I think AJ+ is off by 5 years.

Your little meme tells me you felt some type of way about being corrected? Are you upset that he could possibly get more time than you thought?
                  Last edited by travestyny; 10-22-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

What's crazy is they over charged him. That's why I said he will walk. IMO The other three will walk and the knee on neck dude gets manslaughter or walks also.
                    Why the hell did they charge him with first, second and third degree? They charging him three times? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X