Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Pacquiao have that Lomachenko doesn't?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Asian blood

South Asians live closer to jungle climates.

Comment

Urgency and a killer instinct

manny wouldn’t be so passive for 6 straight rounds

Manny strikes with bad intentions. Loma is happy to punch like his shots are paintbrush strokes

manny’s rhythm isn’t as obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Seeker View Post
        Manny Pacquiao has far less "skills" than Vasyl Lomachenko.

Loma-Greatest Amateur of all time, 396-1, Olympic/WC Golds.
        Pacquiao- No Amateur experience, started with no real trainer, poor nutrition, etc.

Loma- 5ft7, talented boxer/athlete since childhood
        Pacquiao- 5ft5, admits having “no talent” as a boxer

Loma-Textbook skills, defense, footwork, accuracy, ring IQ, etc.
        Pacquiao- Crude slugger for most of his career, went through bloody wars and got hit/rocked often.

And Yet......

Pacquiao manages to go through division after division, win countless fights as an underdog, beat bigger fighters and legends, give us performances of a lifetime, and last year at age 40 beat a young lion in spectacular fashion.

Loma however seems to have hit his ceiling at 135lbs. Loses to a 23 year old with 15 fights after giving away the first 6 rounds.

So my question is: What does Manny Pacquiao have, that Lomachenko doesn't?

Skill wise? Lomachenko does everything better than Manny.

Manny got by on volume punching and heart, that's it. It can get you places, look at Wilder.

And we would tell this to people for years, and yet people still would bet on Manny to beat Floyd. Manny has no chance against high IQ fighters he can't overwhelm with speed and volume.

Comment

Intensity.

Just look at his last fight compared to Loma's last fight.

Loma look like a pg-13 baby in there.

Even way back when Pac fought as a 17yr old, HE WAS WAY TOO INTENSE!

Super Saiyan!

Comment

Pac never took 7 rounds off a fight. Pac was willing to take risks. He took a lot of risks and a lot of punishment in his fights with Cotto and Margo for example. He got the KO wins but he also gave a lot in the process.

Also his boxing ability improved A LOT since he first blew up in the US after the Barrera I fight. He used to just throw the straight left down the pipe over and over and over again. It was quick and powerful but predictable. He became a two handed fighter and used angles under roach.

His pro experience is a lot better than lomas. By the time he went to 147 the first time for DLH, he already fought Morales x3, Barrera x2 and JMM x2 and like I said he learned in those fights with Morales and JMM that he had to do more than just throw a straight left. He improved.

I said in the other thread Loma usually dont have to leave second gear, ok against salido but that was a while ago and even a different style than lopez but in all this time since then he hasnt been challenged, thus hasnt improved and when he was dropping rounds vs Lopez, instead of taking risks like Manny would, he was content to stay in second gear for a long time and hope that Lopez would tire late.
            Last edited by elfag; 10-18-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I'd say old Pac still has much more power and prime Pac had faster hands and a much higher work rate. We're talking about a guy who started as a light flyweight, dropping welterweights at 40.
              Last edited by Slicc; 10-18-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Skill wise? Lomachenko does everything better than Manny.

Manny got by on volume punching and heart, that's it. It can get you places, look at Wilder.

And we would tell this to people for years, and yet people still would bet on Manny to beat Floyd. Manny has no chance against high IQ fighters he can't overwhelm with speed and volume.
                Loaded, I know you've always had a heathy dislike for Pacquiao for whatever reason, but to imply that Manny Pacquiao is some talentless, skill deprived fighter who reached certified ATG status through nothing but heart and punching volume is highly disrespectful.

Manny Pacquiao is a supremely talented fighter. A transcendent, generational type of talent.
                Last edited by Mike D; 10-18-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post
                  This part, Loma stayed an amatuer until he was damn near 30 for a reason. These Loma and Usyk were always suspect to me in that regard, you aint supposed to be an amatuer that long.
                  The amateurs makes them too civilised

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Loaded, I know you've always had a heathy dislike for Pacquiao for whatever reason, but to imply that Manny Pacquiao is some talentless fighter who reached certified ATG status through nothing but heart and punching volume is highly disrespectful.

Manny Pacquiao is a supremely talented fighter. A transcendent, generational type of talent.

Mayweather Mafia to the grave champ.

I have to stick it to PAC-BOY and spoon23 and pasawaysko day in and day out.

Let's go champ!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Mayweather Mafia to the grave champ.

I have to stick it to PAC-BOY and spoon23 and pasawaysko day in and day out.

Let's go champ!!!!!!!

Lol

Okay fair enough

Comment

Working...
                      X