Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the WBC are screwing Whyte.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video, shows the problem with boxing. Sanctioning world title bodies do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to enforce the ratings, far as I'm concerned If you have the belt you should be made to fight the best of the WBC rankings and voluntary defences should be something which is given out in very rare circumstances i.e. big fights with Fury, not a fight with some guy like Stiverne or Szpilka. It's not just the WBC though.
    Last edited by M Bison; 05-11-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
      Good video, shows the problem with boxing. Sanctioning world title bodies do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to enforce the ratings, far as I'm concerned If you have the belt you should be made to fight the best of the WBC rankings and voluntary defences should be something which is given out in very rare circumstances i.e. big fights with Fury, not a fight with some guy like Stiverne or Szpilka. It's not just the WBC though.
      Sanctioning bodies have guys like Schwartz and charr and Wallin ranked in top 5

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        I will say WBC should've ordered the Breazeale fight last year or at least order Whyte v Breazeale for interim
        Didn't the WBC order Whyte vs Breazeale earlier this year or am I misrecalling some sh^t? And then obviously it got killed or w/e when the Wilder vs Fury thing didn't happen. But yea ordering it earlier on woulda made more sense then waiting til early this year to do it.

Comment

They were going to order Whyte vs Breazle when they thought Wilder vs Fury 2 was happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Didn't the WBC order Whyte vs Breazeale earlier this year or am I misrecalling some sh^t? And then obviously it got killed or w/e when the Wilder vs Fury thing didn't happen. But yea ordering it earlier on woulda made more sense then waiting til early this year to do it.
            They did but Breazeale obviously was just sitting on the mandatory shot since winning late 2017 and didn't fight anyone in 2018 until December

Comment

They did but Breazeale obviously was just sitting on the mandatory shot since winning late 2017 and didn't fight anyone in 2018 until December
              Why does inactivity matter?

If they ordered it sooner he'd have fought sooner. Or if they've stood by their order earlier this year they'd have already fought or been fighting soon.

But again mostly it just seems like the WBC is making Whyte's road tougher than anyone elses. I don't think thats by accident. He's got the best resume of anyone in the division w/o a title claim (if there is someone who's had better wins lately idk who it is, he's certainly among the top guys resume-wise & he's not lower than Breazeale thats for damn sure).

Eh. Whatever doe cuz ABC Groups gonna ABC Group so talking about the corruption with these groups is a losing battle for the time being & massive things need to be changed by people in boxing before that'll happen so my talking is just me wasting my fingers time to type this sh^t out lol.

Comment

Why does inactivity matter?

If they ordered it sooner he'd have fought sooner. Or if they've stood by their order earlier this year they'd have already fought or been fighting soon.

But again mostly it just seems like the WBC is making Whyte's road tougher than anyone elses. I don't think thats by accident. He's got the best resume of anyone in the division w/o a title claim (if there is someone who's had better wins lately idk who it is, he's certainly among the top guys resume-wise & he's not lower than Breazeale thats for damn sure).

Eh. Whatever doe cuz ABC Groups gonna ABC Group so talking about the corruption with these groups is a losing battle for the time being & massive things need to be changed by people in boxing before that'll happen so my talking is just me wasting my fingers time to type this sh^t out lol.
                Inactivity matters in this case because Breazeale been sitting on that spot since Wilder v Steverne 2 while guys like Whyte were moving up in the rankings

what's making road harder for Whyte and Kownacki and others is the Breazeale situation blocking the road WBC can't just take the mandatory away from him without ordering him to fight and that's where they ****ed up

Deontay Wilder has signed up to fight a mandatory at least once every year since he became champion except last year

Comment

Inactivity matters in this case because Breazeale been sitting on that spot since Wilder v Steverne 2 while guys like Whyte were moving up in the rankings

what's making road harder for Whyte and Kownacki and others is the Breazeale situation blocking the road WBC can't just take the mandatory away from him without ordering him to fight and that's where they ****ed up

Deontay Wilder has signed up to fight a mandatory at least once every year since he became champion except last year
                  Well historically you CAN'T pass the #1 or #2 guy in most of these groups so idk if that really matters. You'd think they'd penalize guys for inactivity but they don't really do that in particular for highly ranked guys.

And idk what you are talking about with not taking the mando away. THEY DID take it away by ordering Breazeale vs Whyte they just backed up off of that when Wilder vs Fury fell out.

Or thats what I seem to recall happening. Again maybe I'm misrecalling things. Anyone who knows the exact details can feel free to chime in. I don't dork out on corrupt ABC sh^t so much these days so could easily be incorrect.

But again ABC Groups gonna ABC Group & I ain't even mad at Wilder vs Breazeale cuz I actually think it has a high likelihood of being a fun fight. I just think reasonable minds would agree Whyte is more deserving of a title shot in a just boxing world, which we all know is as fantasy as the guys talking about P4P & ATG dork sh^t all the time.

Comment

Well historically you CAN'T pass the #1 or #2 guy in most of these groups so idk if that really matters. You'd think they'd penalize guys for inactivity but they don't really do that in particular for highly ranked guys.

And idk what you are talking about with not taking the mando away. THEY DID take it away by ordering Breazeale vs Whyte they just backed up off of that when Wilder vs Fury fell out.

Or thats what I seem to recall happening. Again maybe I'm misrecalling things. Anyone who knows the exact details can feel free to chime in. I don't dork out on corrupt ABC sh^t so much these days so could easily be incorrect.

But again ABC Groups gonna ABC Group & I ain't even mad at Wilder vs Breazeale cuz I actually think it has a high likelihood of being a fun fight. I just think reasonable minds would agree Whyte is more deserving of a title shot in a just boxing world, which we all know is as fantasy as the guys talking about P4P & ATG dork sh^t all the time.
                    They called Breazeale v Whyte to be for the interim title sort of like what they did with Charlo so they can allow Canelo v GGG 2

It's all pointless technicalities at this point just call for Whyte to fight the highest available boxer which will be Fury and then keep going down the rankings until someone accept the fight

Comment

Good video. I agree with the guy, and it's a lot of what's been said before by posters on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X