Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-10-2019, 12:51 PM #21
Interim Champion

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
The Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these partsThe Gypsy Queen is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 14,181.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
10 rounds to 2 hmmm adelaide byrd over here. pac clearly won the last 2 rounds so you are saying marquez won the first 10 rounds? that's a bold statement. i personally had it 12-0 marquez because i hate pac
Good score card. Haven't seen the fight for a while but at least 8-4 Marquez swept the board first half of the fight and won the second half of the fight too
The Gypsy Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:03 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1184 Post(s)
Gigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond reputeGigantes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 1,891.49
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 

close fight, but because Marquez did better than expected, it made a lot of people give him more credit.

This was supposed to be the fight that Pacquiao finally crushes him since he's been doing great at WW while Marquez's only fight at WW he didn't, but because Marquez didn't get destroyed, a lot of people automatically gave him the win.

Pacquiao rounds he won were close, while Marquez's rounds he won were clear. So if someone wants to give Marquez some of those close rounds then I can see why they would give Marquez the W. I saw it 7-5 for Pacquiao, close fight but he still did enough to win it while Marquez took his foot off the gas.

An even bigger accomplishment for Pacquiao to defeat Marquez in his first stage of steroid use, but we all know what happened when he got to final form of steroid use.
Gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:35 PM #23
BoxingScene Icon

Quoted: 5045 Post(s)
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 76,404.98
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

To be honest, yes.

I considered it a robbery at first but when I rewatched it years later I had it alot closer.

Still had Marquez winning though.
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 01:35 PM #24
BoxingScene Icon

IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

To be honest, yes.

I considered it a robbery at first but when I rewatched it years later I had it alot closer.

Still had Marquez winning though.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:37 PM #25
BoxingScene Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraxox View Post
the draws are from Mexican media/boxers.
None of the above scores for Pacquiao or the draws are from Philippine media/boxers.
Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.

Stop exaggrrsting. people where 50/50 on who won the fight and across the experts and ring side. But yet for some reason posters act like it was a Lewis vs Holyfield type of ribbery or whitaker vs chavez.
Reminiscent of Mayweather-Castillo 1.

Media and press row were 50-50 on who won yet the modern day narrative is the fight was a robbery.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:43 PM #26
sugarsmosley

Quoted: 472 Post(s)
sugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond reputesugarsmosley has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,694.22
... And one for yourself! :) - MDPopescu No Message - Body Movin' It's Easter time, bite into an easter egg for being a first-ballot hall of fame poster - jas you find a treasure site, truly truly amazing - jas OMERTA / The Code Of The E-Streets - Golovkin 
to one of the best posters on this site - jas some popcorn for this weekend's fights - jas enjoy a burger - jas Thanks for the sandwich :) - Tyler_Durden I appreciate the gift. Team Loma! - PainfromUkraine 
No Message - Jloro Cheers! This one's on me. - Dinamita 03 cause you mah nukka - .:: JSFD26 ::. Brush your teeth with this one... - Nay_Sayer No, brush your teeth with this one... - Nay_Sayer 
Suck on this one too.. - Nay_Sayer Back at you - -Kev- staxxin' that paper - STAX ON DECK Never too old to receive gifts! - Mighty_Windir respsect... - STAX ON DECK 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JmH Reborn Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - sugarsmosley Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Head and Neck Cancer - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 
Send a message via Skype™ to sugarsmosley

PAC won 7-5
sugarsmosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 03:56 PM #27
Banned

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
FredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud ofFredWreck has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,592.35

Clear win for PAC. 115-112
JMM didnít do enough. But was very tactical compared to their first two bouts.
FredWreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 04:05 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 638 Post(s)
ThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 16,831.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
Of course it matters. Each fight is different and the 4th fight does not change the other fights. Marquez turned down huge money for a 5th fight because he wanted to leave that KO win as the final fight. He was not confident he could beat Pacquiao again. I am sure Pac would have won a 5th fight because old age was catching up with Marquez. The both fought Bradley after the 4th fight and Pac easily beat Bradley while Marquez lost by a large amount.
Of course he turned it down. He knows he needs a KO to beat Pac and he did it to end all discussion and right the wrongs from the previous fights.
ThatDude44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:21 PM #29
Liverpool FC

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute£-4-£ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,389.82
Total Points: 16,115.25
YNWA - The Kop YNWA - The Kop Enjoy - iBreakbeat thanks bro didn't laugh that hard in a while lol - Alx. 

Had JMM up 3 points
£-4-£ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:43 PM #30
Interim Champion

Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Ca$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to beholdCa$ual Fan is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,693.06
No Message - MinuteMaid5 

People just got emotional after this fight and expected Pacquiao to KO JMM in the supposedly ‘mismatch’ fight that’s why they thought it was a robbery when the fight turned out that way.

Until this day, I still think this match is the biggest mistake Pac took (or rather Bob) from his big run of 2008-2010. Nobody asked for this fight. Smh
Ca$ual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
exaggerated?, fight, marquez, robbed