No announcement yet.

Watching Old Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
    This is a compelling thought to end on. I expect many people feel the same way, but it is hard to explain the "sense" of boxing sometimes, or the sport's "encouragement." Care to elaborate?
    - -Ask and ye shall recieve a 70k treatise of freestream PED mumblings.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      Isn't that why we're all here??

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Lefty is a master of the school known as "Polish Prognosticater." He will go to his first friend's house and watch the 1 ocklock news where a guy is on the roof and eventually falls...Then go to his next friend's house and tell him to put on the 4 ocklock news, telling his friend as the news play: "See that feller on the roof? Ill bet you a six pack he falls."
        LOL. OK now I know what I'm dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by a.rihn View Post
          This is a compelling thought to end on. I expect many people feel the same way, but it is hard to explain the "sense" of boxing sometimes, or the sport's "encouragement." Care to elaborate?
          Well, Boxing is more technical than most sports. It's also more physically demanding.

But I'll compare it to Baseball which was my best sport after wrestling. Today, it sucks. I like watching the Pitchers - I think they're as good as they'eve ever been, in some respects. But it feels lke the Home Run Derby. Every game.

but most people show up to games and are on their cell phones. Walking around the concession stands. sleeping. Doing something other than watching the game.

I was like those people with Boxing. I wanted the Kimbo Slice/Toughman Contest/K1 brawls. Overtime, you learn to appreciate the minutia.

Plus, unlike wrestling clips, no cooworkers are going to make ****-erotic comments. LOL. At least they don't see what I do for jujitsu. Sexy Time.
          Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 11-16-2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
            You hang on every word.

Just like you hang on the memories of when the boys were ringing your phone off the hook.

Aren't there dating sites for seniors, grande dame? You can even do dancing class in your electric wheel chairs. I've seen it - the in-laws do it. There's plenty of eligible silver foxes waiting for you to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              You hang on every word.

Just like you hang on the memories of when the boys were ringing your phone off the hook.

Aren't there dating sites for seniors, grande dame? You can even do dancing class in your electric wheel chairs. I've seen it - the in-laws do it. There's plenty of eligible silver foxes waiting for you to show up.
              - -Being kept by silver foxes now are you?

No wonder you need PEDs!

Comment

yeah, it's never the fights fault, it's mine.
                I genuinely like that re. older fight, could be a t-shirt slogan or something.

I remember how thrilled i was by the Tua-Ibeabuchi fight. It's less and less impressive to me everytime I watch it. But the sport makes more and more sense to me, which is encouraging.
                Hahaha, yeah, getting more knowledgeable really does have it's downsides, doesn't it? Less and less of your your peers will see what you see...and then there's the history repeats phenomenon.

Oh well, C'est la vie. (thanks Queensbury)
                Last edited by ecto55; 11-21-2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

- -C'est la vie...

Comment

Working...
                  X