Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-13-2019, 05:26 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1713 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,864.40
Total Points: 100,296.63
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkod View Post
Eh?

KSI vs Paul was promoted by Matchroom Boxing ... aka, Eddie Hearn's promotional company.
Yes I knew that , but isnít he indirectly dissing himself
Donít understand why he would be saying this show did better than the Ruiz-AJ
Imo , he isnít making himself look any better by saying chit
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:11 AM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Toffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 40,418.29
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
Yes I knew that , but isnít he indirectly dissing himself
Donít understand why he would be saying this show did better than the Ruiz-AJ
Imo , he isnít making himself look any better by saying chit
I would have thought it was common sense that it would do more buys. They've got far bigger followings.

I'm finding it quite amusing listening to haters and rival promoters slamming the fight. They're all completely shameless when it comes to matchmaking.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1713 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,864.40
Total Points: 100,296.63
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
I would have thought it was common sense that it would do more buys. They've got far bigger followings.

I'm finding it quite amusing listening to haters and rival promoters slamming the fight. They're all completely shameless when it comes to matchmaking.

Promoters have no shame whatsoever
But my point is heís elevating this against his own work
Just makes no fughin sense in my head
Come out say it did well and thatís it
Would understand if he compared it to another promoters show but not his own
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:13 PM #34
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Toffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud ofToffee has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,410.78
Total Points: 40,418.29
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
Promoters have no shame whatsoever
But my point is heís elevating this against his own work
Just makes no fughin sense in my head
Come out say it did well and thatís it
Would understand if he compared it to another promoters show but not his own
I think doing it against his own work gives his point credibility.

He's pointing out that this has appeal when done correctly. If he compared it to a Warren or Arum show then people would see it as a dig at them rather than listening to the point he's making.

Meanwhile you've got Frank Warren who would criticise Eddie Hearn regardless of what he did. If Hearn cured cancer you'd get Warren on camera complaining about it. He has no credibility - everything is agenda driven.

Let's be honest, promoters aren't trying to give us credible fights. Their either chasing numbers, or building someone to chase numbers in the future.

The difference with Eddie, is that he's pretty honest about it.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:32 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Califire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,460.69
Total Points: 24,565.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bidness View Post
Thatís not Hearn, thatís that young kat ďMarkowskiĒ or something. I actually think it was brilliant. Better than Haymonís Plant vs Subway Sandwich Lee
Boxingscene official Eddie Hearn cheerleader
Califire209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:35 PM #36
Undisputed Champion

Califire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to beholdCalifire209 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by umop-ap!sdn View Post
Bahaha right? Eddie should learn from these social media guys how to promote. To be real, they were regular joes who promoted themselves to become "stars" on YouTube and social media etc. But thats also why i dont mind Hearn exploiting them for the sake of his and DAZN pockets because it ultimately openes more eyes to the sport of boxing. Most wont become fans but there are the group that will take it up as a nee found love.

Agreed. It served its purpose and doesnt need to be watched by the die hards. Just needed the casuals to live in our world for a night and hope some of them become fans.

I think its pretty remarkable. For instance, if the shoe was on the other foot and a famous boxer entered a videogame tournament and made it to the finals agains KSI and they had a big PPV streaming event for it, I wouldn't order it to see that as a boxing fan. The fact that their fans followed and purchased a boxing PPV event does speak positively about the crave for raw combat. These guys are popular for video games, music, memes and social media related stuff, not boxing. So the fact that they can sell more buys of a boxing event than some of the sports biggest names deserves a little credit, even though the price of the PPV was less than a typical boxing one. Im sure that helped.

Ha yupp he deff did. I just hope even 1% of those guys fans enjoyed the fights and continue to watch and help further cross promote boxing to other genres and audiences.
Hard to enjoy the fights with Haney or Saunders because they were both fighting tomato cans
Old 11-15-2019, 10:23 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1661 Post(s)
Marchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond reputeMarchegiano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 67,477.00
Rocky Marciano ATG fighter - Freedom. Thanks for thanking me! - Terry A 

I feel like Matchroom and GBP have done DAZN a huge disservice and hardly lifted a finger to promote any fights on DAZN.

I don't see any advertisements casually. Like commercials while the old lady is watching bull**** reality TV, on the radio, nothing that isn't already watching me with bots and knows I like boxing, like YT, sure, I see adverts for DAZN on YT but that's just preaching to the choir.

And the weird thing is I used to. When Joshua was fighting in England there was more buzz in America about it than when he fought here. Makes no ****in' sense but it's true.

Same for Canelo, he used to be all over the damn place leading up to a fight, now, only online. Just marginally better than explicitly searching for it.

There's not going to be much casual following if they don't tell the casuals in the first place. Horrid promoting recently. IDGAF how well Canelo's done, he's still being promoted like ass.
Marchegiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:35 AM #38
PBC on LEAN!

Quoted: 5306 Post(s)
Young Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these partsYoung Bidness is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 309,492.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califire209 View Post
Boxingscene official Eddie Hearn cheerleader
Subway sandwiches doe
Young Bidness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:47 AM #39
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 5275 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 259,338.98
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn "enjoy" - MinuteMaid5 Prescribed - MinuteMaid5 

Billie Eilish draws bigger crowds than Sia.
Comic book movies rake in billions, while a movie like The Usual Suspect make less than 50 mil.

What does it all mean
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:33 AM #40
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bidness View Post
Subway sandwiches doe
All of Haney's fights on Dazn have been Subway sandwiches thus far

Share This With Friends