Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated hype job you've seen since you've been watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Joshua. Easily. He lost to a short fat guy that took the fight on short notice. And instead of just admitting Joshua was a hype job his fans started trying to hype up Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      This thread became about who do I fughin hate more so than who is fughin over rated
      Of course smh

Comment

Lol this thread is trash people just using it to trash guys they don't like

Comment

Mike Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            Since you've been watching boxing who is the most overrated hype job you've seen?
            Mike Tyson and Sonny Liston

But more recently, Jeff Lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Michael Grant! He was suppose to resurrect American Heavyweight Boxing... HBO hated Lennox Lewis and was just grabbing on to any and everybody to beat Lennox Lewis and Lewis would destroy them ALL. The more he did it the more they hated him (Lampley and Merchant!)

Recently I would say Roman Gonzalez! HBO put way too much pressure on him but also too Roman Gonzalez changed his style to please HBO and it cost him. I remember Roman vs Estrada, Roman was a much better BOXER before HBO jumped on the Bandwagon and crowned him P4P then the started chasing Knockouts and having less regard for Defense and took a lot of damn punishment to please them and he declined rapidly
              first mention is a great one. michael grant was bigger than life and he was promoted as such. lennox lewis, a less spectacular "looking" fighter kicked his ass.

second one i cannot agree with. gonzalez was well past his best and at the end of a hall of fame career when he came over to HBO. tiny guys never age well. this man was a minimumweight as late as 2010! really! 105 lbs. when he was in japan he fought four times a year defending world titles. he came to the US and he was at 112 lbs and he had slowed down. got his face broken against a fringe guy, if you remember correctly. all of the signs were there and the writing was on the wall.

Comment

I'd say Broner. He was supposed to really be something. He wasn't. Ha

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  This thread became about who do I fughin hate more so than who is fughin over rated

I noticed that on page 1

meanwhile, everyone is ignoring the over-rated elephant in the room

Comment

victor ortiz is actually looking like a terrific answer. he had the world laid out in front of him. mexican american sells! he could have been the next oscar de la hoya. they WANTED him to be the next oscar de la hoya! but he didn't have oscar's chin, left hook, jab, or mental strength. all the things that let you win fights when things aren't going your way.

now he's lucky to get a fight a year. no fights in 2013. 1 in '12 which he lost to josesito lopez and got his jaw broken. 1 fight in '15, '16, '17, '18, and nothing on the books or scheduled in '19. his career is all but over as he's now in legal troubles regarding rape cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                      Anthony Joshua. Easily. He lost to a short fat guy that took the fight on short notice. And instead of just admitting Joshua was a hype job his fans started trying to hype up Ruiz.
                      - -AJ did more in 3 yrs than TUE 50-0 did in 20...FACT!

Don't need to go squallin' for his daddy like your sissy boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X