No announcement yet.

NBA bowing down to China for that money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I assume there are a lot of tall Chinese mfers on the way or a lot of Chinese mfers watch the NBA so its losing money if the GOV bans them or some sh^t. Or both maybe idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        Maybe, maybe not. One thing for sure they're in full damage control right now. James Harden, the Rockets star apologized for his GM. China has an estimated middle class that's on par with western standards that's around 400-500 million out of a population of 1.4 billion. The NBA basically has a dominant market share in that country that no other sports league could touch. The tweet by the GM was incredibly dumb from a business perspective.
        money talks... bs walks.. always.

Comment

China has cancel NBA tv games. The NBA commissioner is basically grovelling now. That's what happens when you do business with authoritarian regimes.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ame-broadcasts

Comment

China >-------> Fake activist

it's always about money

Comment

Lol they banned south park also.

Comment

I don’t understand this situation at all. If one tweet can erase a multi billion dollar deal, ones gotta assume the business relation between China and the nba was shaky at best. maybe China is postering for a better deal? Or maybe Morey,s tweet was too great of an offense to China. Henry Kissinger claims Americans l, including our recent presidential administrations, don’t understand how the Chinese do business. Maybe we’re just ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMENTO MORI View Post
                  I don’t understand this situation at all. If one tweet can erase a multi billion dollar deal, ones gotta assume the business relation between China and the nba was shaky at best. maybe China is postering for a better deal? Or maybe Morey,s tweet was too great of an offense to China. Henry Kissinger claims Americans l, including our recent presidential administrations, don’t understand how the Chinese do business. Maybe we’re just ignorant.
                  You can be serious. They steal from the US and the taxed the hell out of our goods.

They ban the NBA for free speech and ban shows like south park. Pay people a slave wage. Google is working with them to limit the net. Yeah Im sure its that we just dont understand them, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    You can be serious. They steal from the US and the taxed the hell out of our goods.

They ban the NBA for free speech and ban shows like south park. Pay people a slave wage. Google is working with them to limit the net. Yeah Im sure its that we just dont understand them, lol.
                    Google is working with them, and by extension their military. We are engaged in a cyber war in which billions of dollars in intellectual property is lost every year....yada. I’m aware. What I don’t know and understand how China can mobilize its populace in resisting things than don’t fit their values...do dare I say agenda. I just read an article that claiming they are against anything than threatens the nations sovereignty, including freedom of speech. So what I don’t understand is does the average citizen put the state above themselves, even at the expense of their quality of life? Is the average citizen okay with the loss of basketball, the internet cuz premier xi jinping deems it harmful to the state? You can’t answer that.

Comment

Originally posted by MOMENTO MORI View Post
                      Google is working with them, and by extension their military. We are engaged in a cyber war in which billions of dollars in intellectual property is lost every year....yada. I’m aware. What I don’t know and understand how China can mobilize its populace in resisting things than don’t fit their values...do dare I say agenda. I just read an article that claiming they are against anything than threatens the nations sovereignty, including freedom of speech. So what I don’t understand is does the average citizen put the state above themselves, even at the expense of their quality of life? Is the average citizen okay with the loss of basketball, the internet cuz premier xi jinping deems it harmful to the state? You can’t answer that.
                      I dont think they have much of a say.

Comment

Working...
                      X