Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2019, 07:22 AM #131
MC Hammer MC Hammer is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,380
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
MC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,440.87
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 25,923.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
The million did exist ,losing to Miller would be nullified had Wilder signed bc Whyte was the original opponent and no replacement opponent takes place ,it becomes wilder vs AJ after the Breazeale fight. You can keep creating false narratives but the fact is Wilder declined a multi million deal ,he went with least resistance path but still lost to Fury .
This is the reply you wanted me to see? It makes no sense. AJ lost to Ruiz not Miller. Whyte wasn't even in the picture; Miller was the original opponent after Whyte turned down an April fight in the UK.

AJ was already due to fight Miller (which would turn to Ruiz) before Wilder/Brezeale was called by the WBC. And ho would it have been AJ/Wilder after Brezeale when AJ hadn't fought since September? Do you think he would have sat out a year before Wilder? AJnlost so the pot wouldn't be there.

Plus you don't address that Wilder's fee was flat and provided AJ with negotiating room . Wilder would have been a tool to get AJ's team more money.
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:23 AM #132
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,191
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 67,919.97
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 69,316.74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hammer View Post
This is the reply you wanted me to see? It makes no sense. AJ lost to Ruiz not Miller. Whyte wasn't even in the picture; Miller was the original opponent after Whyte turned down an April fight in the UK.

AJ was already due to fight Miller (which would turn to Ruiz) before Wilder/Brezeale was called by the WBC. And ho would it have been AJ/Wilder after Brezeale when AJ hadn't fought since September? Do you think he would have sat out a year before Wilder? AJnlost so the pot wouldn't be there.

Plus you don't address that Wilder's fee was flat and provided AJ with negotiating room . Wilder would have been a tool to get AJ's team more money.
AJ was in place to fight Whyte that was his opponent , Breazeale was announced around March so how is that after Miller ? The Miller fight was cancelled in April that was bf Wilder fought Breazeale in May . Wilder had already rejected the Dazn deal in March this is way bf Miller fight was called off So Wilder wasn't even in the picture by the time Ruiz signed May 1st , how is Ruiz ruining the fight when Wilder isn't even in the picture ?

You're trying to sell me that AJ would go out his way a month after Wilder fights ( if he signed ) to fight a short notice MSG fight with the Wilder one already in play and hop around to 4th choice Ruiz ? Come on..Ha

So what you don't understand is a scheduled fight at Wembley cancelled wouldn't lead to a Ruiz one in June after Miller also ruined that event . Do you really think they go seeking out guys intentionally if Wilder is already signed to fight ? If Wilder had signed to fight AJ , Hearn would never risk that chance , only when Wilder ran off did they persue an opponent like Ruiz to save the MSG date of June 1st .

You are just making things up to defend a guy that rejected 100 million .

You are lying when you say Whyte wasn't in the picture , he wanted more money so the date of April 13th I believe at Wembley it was cancelled and they sought out an American opponent , you can keep.lying but these are the events that actually took place and it was after Wilder already rejected the 100 million , the notion you guys use that AJ lost to.Ruiz therefore the money isn't there anyway is nonsense bc AJ did not lose to Whyte at Wembley. .

Wilder is a fool because he cheated himself out of money , im.sure AJ has that . Wow it's incredibly uneducated stuff here , no offense but deflecting with flat free and such is a weak reason to continue to provide guys like Wilder to avoid this fight.

Remember when AJ wins in December that Wilder wants undisputed ? Let's see if you still worry about how much AJ and his team get then or will you actually want to see the fight and not someone's pockets ? I Never seen such fans of promoters by ? Ha

Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-26-2019 at 10:30 AM.
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:07 AM #133
The Big Dunn The Big Dunn is offline
Enemy of the State
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 50,886
Quoted: 19400 Post(s)
Rep Power: 130
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 177,494.06
Bank: 1,446.40
Total Points: 178,940.46
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 "I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't." I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOxide View Post
The big deal is that Showtime turned their back on Deontay Wilder because they didn't believe in him being able to sell a PPV to make it financially viable for them.

That's big news for an American heavyweight champion KO artist. It's further confirmation that he is not a draw and he is not attracting the financial investment he appears to have been promised by turning down the DAZN $100m.

FOX aren't exactly blowing them out of the water financially as far as we know.

Where the hell does he go and make $30m/$40m/$50m if Fury's cut doesn't heal and he only sells 3k seats on his own anyway? Are broadcasters going to be generous when looking at these numbers? Deyonce was talking about $2m PPV buys for this first fight.

What if AJ beats Ruiz Jr and ignores Deyonce then goes and fights Fury? There's another payday gone. All he's left with are high risk and low reward fights with Whyte, Ruiz Jr (beltless) and Kownacki.

Since turning down the AJ fight Wilders earnings are nosediving compared to what they would have been if he had just taken the AJ fight and knocked him out.
If the fight had no PPV outlet I could see your point. The fight is still on PPV and all we know is SHO didn't feel it was a good investment but Fox did.

Please stop with being obtuse with the DAZN argument. Haymon keeping him off DAZN was to prevent DAZN from getting a huge sales boost from the wilder/aj fight. PBC competes against dazn so it isn't news that Haymon isn't going to help a competitor sell product. No business would do that.

I don't know what his fight with Fury will generate. Neither do you.

AJ may not beat Ruiz. If he doesn't, then Wilder has the Fury and Ruiz fights to make money.

You don't know what Wilder's earnings are. All we know is he didn't go to dazn and help their US sales.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:42 PM #134
cally93 cally93 is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 344
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
cally93 is a jewel in the roughcally93 is a jewel in the roughcally93 is a jewel in the roughcally93 is a jewel in the rough
Points: 10,000.62
Bank: 1,355.59
Total Points: 11,356.21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
If you read the article (and others), you'd realize the bidding got so high that SHO had to bow out. It wasn't realistic for SHO because FOX is offering such a high guarantee.




The 100 million never existed because Joshua lost. The only thing Wilder turned down was fighting Breazeale on DAZN. Had Joshua beat Ruiz, there's no reason DAZN couldn't have made Wilder a fair offer for the fight. There was no reason for Wilder to have to fight Breazeale on DAZN.
I did read the article, and there was no bidding war. Espinoza says in the article clearly, the deal didn’t make sense for them..there’s SHO’s loyalty right there. They’re not go overpay Wilder and Ortiz and lose millions that’s what they’re saying.

Wow DAZN offer never existed? Now you’re definitely trolling, no reason to fight Breazeale either? So he rejects the 20m offer from them (not necessarily bad) and then later takes the same fight for half the money...make that make sense.
cally93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 06:57 PM #135
j.razor j.razor is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 22,305
Quoted: 8742 Post(s)
Rep Power: 57
j.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 216,054.37
Bank: 198,695,049.85
Total Points: 198,911,104.22
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder loma's D, hating boy - Ogecca MaMa take 1 for the team - Ogecca MaMa 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodkaholic View Post
Haymon killed hbo and showtime.
Good for boxing doe
No, jim lampley, harold ledderman, larry merchant, max Kellerman, bob arum & hbo not paying T.B.E. killed boxing. Al is actually getting fights made.

Keep trying doe
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
j.razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:44 PM #136
DARTH SILKWORMS DARTH SILKWORMS is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 482
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
DARTH SILKWORMS is a jewel in the roughDARTH SILKWORMS is a jewel in the roughDARTH SILKWORMS is a jewel in the rough
Points: 12,744.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,744.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cally93 View Post
I did read the article, and there was no bidding war. Espinoza says in the article clearly, the deal didn’t make sense for them..there’s SHO’s loyalty right there. They’re not go overpay Wilder and Ortiz and lose millions that’s what they’re saying.
How does the cost of the fight get that high without a bidding war? Use your head for a second. FOX & SHO have been fighting over this PPV for weeks/months. SHO then goes public that they pulled out because the cost became too high, that they were given a fair chance to get the fight, but couldn't compete with FOX's latest offer. If that's not a bidding war, what is? Why would FOX offer so much unless they were trying to beat SHO's offers?


Quote:
Wow DAZN offer never existed? Now you’re definitely trolling, no reason to fight Breazeale either? So he rejects the 20m offer from them (not necessarily bad) and then later takes the same fight for half the money...make that make sense.
The 100 million was hypothetical. Joshua had to beat Ruiz for the 100 million to exist. Joshua didn't beat Ruiz.
DARTH SILKWORMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 AM #137
killakali killakali is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,413
Quoted: 4175 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 68,457.06
Bank: 1,582.26
Total Points: 70,039.32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
Wilder and his team met with DAZN executive chairman John Skipper in New York last Tuesday to discuss a deal that would have led to a showdown for the undisputed heavyweight world championship with unified titleholder Anthony Joshua as long as Wilder and Joshua won interim bouts. Wilder's ninth title defense against Breazeale likely will take place on May 18 at Barclays Center and Joshua will make his United States debut in his seventh defense against Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York.


[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

They both had to win respective fights and article also list both offers dazn made to wilder so I don’t know where you coming up with fight would happen even if he lost.... you are confusing the rematch clause my friend
Keep digging and u will find it
killakali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:02 AM #138
IronDanHamza IronDanHamza is offline
BoxingScene Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38,516
Quoted: 5041 Post(s)
Rep Power: 107
IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 74,821.62
Bank: 1,424.92
Total Points: 76,246.54
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 ATG Boxingscene Poster - JohnnyRebel Im glad you learned how to use internet Grandpa - Canelo and GGG 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
I highly doubt it. Showtime has had far worse years than this in the past.

Remember when guys like Calzaghe and Hatton were fighting nobodies in the UK and that was their biggest fights of the month?
That's true. Showtime had barely any fights outside the Super 6 Tornuament up until 2013 when they did the massive deal with Floyd and then Haymon guys moved over.

Difference is though back then their competitor was HBO. Now there's alot more and bigger sharks in the tank.
IronDanHamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:20 AM #139
REDEEMER REDEEMER is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,191
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
REDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond reputeREDEEMER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 67,919.97
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 69,316.74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
How does the cost of the fight get that high without a bidding war? Use your head for a second. FOX & SHO have been fighting over this PPV for weeks/months. SHO then goes public that they pulled out because the cost became too high, that they were given a fair chance to get the fight, but couldn't compete with FOX's latest offer. If that's not a bidding war, what is? Why would FOX offer so much unless they were trying to beat SHO's offers?




The 100 million was hypothetical. Joshua had to beat Ruiz for the 100 million to exist. Joshua didn't beat Ruiz.
That's a lie. Ruiz wasn't in the picture when the 100 million was offered so how is a guaranteed amount by Skipper himself fake ? Wilder declined that offer he didn't want it that is real life. Wheather Miller fell through or not a Ruiz fight doesn't get made weeks later if Wilder had already fought Breazeale in May . Ha
REDEEMER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:13 AM #140
MC Hammer MC Hammer is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,380
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
MC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeMC Hammer has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 24,440.87
Bank: 1,482.92
Total Points: 25,923.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEEMER View Post
AJ was in place to fight Whyte that was his opponent , Breazeale was announced around March so how is that after Miller ? The Miller fight was cancelled in April that was bf Wilder fought Breazeale in May . Wilder had already rejected the Dazn deal in March this is way bf Miller fight was called off So Wilder wasn't even in the picture by the time Ruiz signed May 1st , how is Ruiz ruining the fight when Wilder isn't even in the picture ?

You're trying to sell me that AJ would go out his way a month after Wilder fights ( if he signed ) to fight a short notice MSG fight with the Wilder one already in play and hop around to 4th choice Ruiz ? Come on..Ha

So what you don't understand is a scheduled fight at Wembley cancelled wouldn't lead to a Ruiz one in June after Miller also ruined that event . Do you really think they go seeking out guys intentionally if Wilder is already signed to fight ? If Wilder had signed to fight AJ , Hearn would never risk that chance , only when Wilder ran off did they persue an opponent like Ruiz to save the MSG date of June 1st .

You are just making things up to defend a guy that rejected 100 million .

You are lying when you say Whyte wasn't in the picture , he wanted more money so the date of April 13th I believe at Wembley it was cancelled and they sought out an American opponent , you can keep.lying but these are the events that actually took place and it was after Wilder already rejected the 100 million , the notion you guys use that AJ lost to.Ruiz therefore the money isn't there anyway is nonsense bc AJ did not lose to Whyte at Wembley. .

Wilder is a fool because he cheated himself out of money , im.sure AJ has that . Wow it's incredibly uneducated stuff here , no offense but deflecting with flat free and such is a weak reason to continue to provide guys like Wilder to avoid this fight.

Remember when AJ wins in December that Wilder wants undisputed ? Let's see if you still worry about how much AJ and his team get then or will you actually want to see the fight and not someone's pockets ? I Never seen such fans of promoters by ? Ha

Your whole argument was based on the premise that AJ dight was announced after Wilder's fight, but that's not true LMAO

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

AJ was set to fight Miller at MSG as early as February 9th. Wilder's MANDATORY was called on March, so both fights were set in stone.

AJ had to fight a replacement after booking MSG and LOST to his replacement. The deal would have been bad for Wilder because he would've been stuck in no man's land without a real fight, hoping that AJ could rebound his career. Now all the belts are at PBC and he can actually fight for undisputed
MC Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 PM.