Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Jmm rematch floyd after beating Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    He took the money....he could have cancelled the fight so there ain't no excuses after that. Robbed? The first fight was a shut out. He was robbed by Pacquiao multiple times yes. There was no reason to thjnk hed get robbed vs floyd. Jmm did think he was gonna win the fight, don't type bs.
    He got screwed over by Floyd not honoring the contract. Everyone knew this was a money grab by JMM. He felt he wouldn't get roughed up and physically beaten down (I thought he'd get stopped and would never get the fight he really wanted - Pacquaio III) so he took the $3m plus $600k for the weight advantage Floyd (didn't need but) bought. Marquez was very frustrated at GBP for being underpaid and underexposed. Berto was making more money on his under card than he got headlining in those days and pressured GBP into getting bigger paydays since they were failing to deliver Pacquaio III.

If you look at what he and Nacho were saying prior they were saying they will give their all and are working on things but didn't say they will win. They knew the size of the task and Nacho even said he didn't like the size of Marquez or his speed prior to the fight.

Not sure you were watching back then or know the stories but that's how things played out.

This actually was a gamble that paid off for Marquez because TR would never have given him fight III yet now they wanted to use him at 147 as a measuring stick for Pacquaio and tried to bring him in as a lamb to the slaughter and it backfired and Marquez schooled him in fight III and KO'd him in fight IV giving Marquez something Floyd never had - a win over a great fighter.

I've always been Marquez fan. I am not blinded fanboy. I went to pretty much every Marquez fight from Barrera to Alvarado (missed Juarez, Ramos and Senchencko only) and can view his career objectively.

Comment

Marquez was a brilliant fighter but he'd never beat Floyd. The worst possible style for him plus Floyd was a better fighter. That's a bad combination.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        He got screwed over by Floyd not honoring the contract. Everyone knew this was a money grab by JMM. He felt he wouldn't get roughed up and physically beaten down (I thought he'd get stopped and would never get the fight he really wanted - Pacquaio III) so he took the $3m plus $600k for the weight advantage Floyd (didn't need but) bought. Marquez was very frustrated at GBP for being underpaid and underexposed. Berto was making more money on his under card than he got headlining in those days and pressured GBP into getting bigger paydays since they were failing to deliver Pacquaio III.

If you look at what he and Nacho were saying prior they were saying they will give their all and are working on things but didn't say they will win. They knew the size of the task and Nacho even said he didn't like the size of Marquez or his speed prior to the fight.

Not sure you were watching back then or know the stories but that's how things played out.

This actually was a gamble that paid off for Marquez because TR would never have given him fight III yet now they wanted to use him at 147 as a measuring stick for Pacquaio and tried to bring him in as a lamb to the slaughter and it backfired and Marquez schooled him in fight III and KO'd him in fight IV giving Marquez something Floyd never had - a win over a great fighter.

I've always been Marquez fan. I am not blinded fanboy. I went to pretty much every Marquez fight from Barrera to Alvarado (missed Juarez, Ramos and Senchencko only) and can view his career objectively.
        if marquez got screwed why didn't he get revenge? He got treated like a bytch inside and outside of the ring.....why not go for the rematch if you feel they wronged you. You instead went to fight a much more inferior fighter and still lost.

Comment

if marquez got screwed why didn't he get revenge? He got treated like a bytch inside and outside of the ring.....why not go for the rematch if you feel they wronged you. You instead went to fight a much more inferior fighter and still lost.
          marquez already explained that floyd does not want to fight, there fore, there is no point in chasing for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            marquez already explained that floyd does not want to fight, there fore, there is no point in chasing for a rematch.
            When did jmm even go for a rematch or call floyd out? You think floyd was afraid of Marquez? Lmao....delusional Pacquiao fans are hilarious.

Comment

Wasn't he criticized for fighting a small jmm? Well wasn't beating Pacquiao proof he was acclimated to ww by then? If the weight was the only reason jmm lost the fight to floyd according to jmm nutthuggers then the rematch wiuldve proven it right?
              Not really. He knew Pacquaio's style and had his number. Pacquaio also was a smaller man who came from featherweight and below. Marquez was not the same fighter as he was from 126-135. I can't believe you haven't figured this out. He was fighting at 126 at the age of 33 for Christs sake.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                Mayweather did what Pacquiao never could, completely dominated JMM and embarrassed him.

Comment

When did jmm even go for a rematch or call floyd out? You think floyd was afraid of Marquez? Lmao....delusional Pacquiao fans are hilarious.
                  Typical Mayweather fan would rather a re-match with a career featherweight then to test himself with a man the same size in his prime with no catch-weights attached. That's how he thought too.

Comment

Floyd cherry picked the green Canelo at CW so isn't like Marquez at age 40 and being a career featherweight just made the choice to fight Bradley directly over Floyd.

I don't think there was a clamor for a re-match even though aged 39 and 5 weights up from his career division he was able to do something Floyd never did in defeating a great fighter. I think that's a good achievement.
                    Last edited by chrisJS; 01-10-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      Floyd cherry picked the green Canelo at CW so isn't like Marquez at age 40 and being a career featherweight just made the choice to fight Bradley directly over Floyd.
                      Look at you doing that "hating" you keep crying about.

Mayweather P4P best of his era.Nothing you can do or say to change that.

Comment

Working...
                      X