Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was getting robbed actually a good thing for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Not a deflect. Pac already has fought tons of greats. If he's cashing out, let him. His legacy is sealed as one of the greatest ever.
    I see. So you see these fights as cashing out. Can't say I disagree.

Comment

If he was actually robbed ala Bradley 1 then maybe.

But he wasn't robbed. Atleast not in my eyes and plenty of other peoples.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I would say no. If you watched on espn, then you may react like teddy or Stephen a. However, if you watched the box nation feed, then you likely saw a close fight that horn easily could've won.

I had Manny winning but this was a terrible fight no matter how much Joe Tessitore tried to convince viewers otherwise.

I think the loss hurts Manny but I think he can erase the spectre of the loss by going out and beating Crawford, Spence or Thurman. Imo it would be like Duran resurrecting his image by beating davey Moore.
        I disagree I thought it was a really good fight.

I think at this point it's hard for Pacquaio to turn it round because even if he rematchs Horn and destroys him that's what he was meant to do in the first place.

If he fights one of the top welters and beats them then yeah but I don't think he will. Maybe Crawford, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I see. So you see these fights as cashing out. Can't say I disagree.
          How'd you see it?

Robbery?

I had Horn edging it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I disagree I thought it was a really good fight.

I think at this point it's hard for Pacquaio to turn it round because even if he rematchs Horn and destroys him that's what he was meant to do in the first place.

If he fights one of the top welters and beats them then yeah but I don't think he will. Maybe Crawford, maybe.
            I think the fight had a lot of drama but wasn't the highest quality.

I agree he should just move on from Horn for now. Make the rematch his last fight.

You think he would entertain a Broner fight if Broner beats Mikey?

Comment

How'd you see it?

Robbery?

I had Horn edging it myself.
              You know, I haven't scored it -- I never do on first watch.

But it was close, my man. Definitely close. An unimpressive performance by Pacquiao but he almost seemed surprised the dude came to fight

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                Think about it.

He beats horn, no biggie.

Getting robbed actually doesn't hurt his resume, gets him public support again.

Him getting robbed puts him back in the public discussion more than whooping horn tbh.

And let's be honest, his name has been going down lately with the mayweather boring loss, lackluster fights, the gay comments, his politics, etc.

Now he gets more rematch money and probably his title back against an easier opppnent. Ups his pr rating for another bigger payday.
                It does because it wastes time. Precious time in which Pacquiao ages a little more before a potential rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  An unimpressive performance by Pacquiao but he almost seemed surprised the dude came to fight
                  I recommend you go and watch Pac-Cotto after Pac-Horn. It's pretty sad how age deteriorates a fighter.

Comment

Good in that he might be able to get another good site fee to go on down to Oz land again, but that's about it IMO.

Comment

If he was actually robbed ala Bradley 1 then maybe.

But he wasn't robbed. Atleast not in my eyes and plenty of other peoples.
                      Good post. I agree. I didn't see this robbery people are talking about. I thought Horn won.

I was rooting for Pac, but Pacman is DONE.

Comment

Working...
                      X