Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC deal might take a minute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

al haymons lawyer did say that his plan was to create a more competitive environment for boxing. I mean since PBC began in 2015 boxing has in someways boomed top rank got a deal with espn, eddie hearns come to the usa, golden boy is on espn 2, Roc nation was on BET for awhile, Now Zuffa is getting into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
      al haymons lawyer did say that his plan was to create a more competitive environment for boxing. I mean since PBC began in 2015 boxing has in someways boomed top rank got a deal with espn, eddie hearns come to the usa, golden boy is on espn 2, Roc nation was on BET for awhile, Now Zuffa is getting into boxing.
      RN boxing is basically dead at this point.

GB gives ESPN2 the shows for free.

TR is being paid very little by ESPN.

Matchroom USA has been a dud so far.

The only real budget in US boxing is Showtime's and Haymon has a firmer grip on it than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
        Yea agree & I'd throw the WBSS in there too even if there impact in the US hasn't been felt quite as much as it could be argued it could have. For all the people who hate PBC it seems like PBC coming to be got enough panties in a bunch that got enough of the old school players trying to mix it up + get some new cats in the game.

I think we are still in a really good time in boxing & the potential for some long positive changes is still in play.

Boxing can be in a much better place then its been in & I think more cats in & outta the game see that these days.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 02-10-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Upcoming PBC schedule:

ORTIZ vs ALEXANDER
          GARCIA vs RIOS
          BENAVIDEZ vs GAVRIL
          WILDER vs ORTIZ
          CHARLO vs CENTENO
          GARCIA vs LIPINETS
          BARTHELEMY vs RELIKH
          LARA vs HURD
          BRONER vs FIGUEROA
          STEVENSON vs JACK
          SANTA CRUZ vs MARES II

With Thurman, Spence and more to still be confirmed.

Seems far from dead, no?
          Showtime boxing is alive and well. PBC on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Showtime boxing is alive and well. PBC on the other hand...
            All of those fights are PBC fights.

The only non-SHOBOX fight coming up for Showtime that isn't PBC is the AJ fight.

Comment

All of those fights are PBC fights.

The only non-SHOBOX fight coming up for Showtime that isn't PBC is the AJ fight.

Comment

Well I think Fox on the verge of being sold to Disney not only effects PBC but UFC on Fox as well which could explain why Peter Nelson was at a UFC Event because UFC is also looking for a new Network Deal

Just have to wait and see I guess but Showtime clearly happy with their boxing programming and is dedicated to it
                Last edited by sicko; 02-10-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  i dont speak emoji. do you have a point?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Well I think Fox on the verge of being sold to Disney not only effects PBC but UFC on Fox as well which could explain why Peter Nelson was at a UFC Event because UFC is also looking for a new Network Deal
                    Disney isn't buying FS1 or FS2. FOX is confident they will retain UFC as TNT/HBO/TRU is getting cold feet.

We shall see.

Comment

i dont speak emoji. do you have a point?
                      So much for that goal of putting boxing on broadcast TV, huh? CBS, NBC, FOX. Whatever happened to that?

They way I remember it, Haymon fighters fought on Showtime well before PBC's creation. So essentially you are fellating Al Haymon for giving the stable of boxers he manages a promotional name of "Premier Boxing Champions".

Nothing has changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X