Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Go F yourself. You're a clown poster and I don't respect anything you've got to say.
    Butthurt.......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Lol! Manny because hesitant the moment he re-ruptured the rotator cuff in the 4th round when he was teeing off on Floyd on the ropes in which Floyd had absolutely no answer for. Up until that point Manny was winning that fight. Don't even try it. Manny isn't afraid of getting hit by a weak counter right. You gotta be kidding.
      Come on dude, watch the fight. Why didn't he throw rounds 1-4 then?

As for teeing off on the ropes, yes Manny was scoring. But 30 seconds doesn't make a fight and I'm sure you know this. Manny had a good round, no doubt. He won the round, no doubt. Just like you can give him credit, try doing the same for his opponent.

The counter right and straight right dictated Manny's punch output long before any alleged "injury" happened.

You thought Manny was winning the fight thru 4 rounds? How?

Edit: I didn't say he was scared. So stop with the little kid BS. Those punches and Floyd's movement dictated the fight. Manny had a hard time finding Floyd (as he admitted after the fight) and when he did find him, sans those few flurries of combos, he didn't throw.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-13-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        JMM was the last guy he fought with a shorter reach than him I believe. The other opponents have an easier time countering because they can land when Manny is going backwards in a straight line. He still beat Tim which showed he wasn't as shot as his fans want everyone to believe.

Was Manny older, yes. Was he prime, no. He was just never better than Floyd and Floyd's speed and reach were always a bad matchup for Manny. Any boxing person without an agenda will tell you same.
        As a Manny fan, if the fight would have been made 5-6 years ago and I would have 1 000 000$ to bet, I would have put it on Floyd. Skill, reach, size, etc etc are all leaning toward Floyd. Great defense almost always win vs great offense. And Floyd defense is one of the best ever so I dont see Manny winning that fight.

Doesnt change the fact that Manny offense is '' one'' of the best ever. Probably not the best but hes up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          A) He has brittle hands. B) Floyd isn't going for knockouts. He can win easily by out boxing his opponent. If he wanted to put Berto or Guerrero he could have easily.
          so why didn't he regarding berto, or marquez, or guerrero, or pac for that matter

i don't deal with excuses, or coulda, woulda...when he shoulda

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            and you think thats an amazing resume that stacks up with other greats? also triangle wins arent worth as much in boxing and make you look desperate.
            Yes it's the best resume in boxing. No one moved as many weight classes while beating as many champions or hall of famers.

And it's not a triangle win. Floyd shut JMM out, remember? Then JMM knocked out prime Pac. I'm just saying, if JMM wasn't a great fighter at the point when Floyd shut him down then how did he go on to floor Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Funny fans are certain, but Bo, Roach, TR mathmakers and Manny were not.

This is untrue about anything of consequence. [B]The 1st right hand floyd landed appeared to dictate the whole fight. [/B]Manny's workrate was significantly reduced because Floyd could easily land the right counter over his left hand.

Now was the punch a "power" punch that did damage physically, no. But if you are being honest you can't deny the punch was incredibly effective in that it made Manny hesitant to throw for the rest of the fight, outside of some solid shots in round 4 and 9.
              1 punch dictated the entire fight? how in the world could you even know that? you are making things up to fit your own narrative of how you thought the fight would go(bad way to do things and leads to bias)

if your argument is floyd could easily land the counter right.....how come he almost never landed??? hmmm seems like pac must have adjusted if that was the case. credit to pac maybe??? after round 1 pac was able to take away that weapon and land the much cleaner flusher punches. all floyd could manage was some jabs(mostly grazing) and some very weak counter taps(yes i mean taps) while pac connected full impact on floyds head and knocked it back. you think weak grazing punches are worth more than full impact punches? that cant be your argument.

if manny was hesitant to throw(nothing wrong with that if you are fighting a sharpshooter) then what was floyd? he wasnt committing to any of his punches. wasnt countering at all. was only throwing punches when manny was well out of range(which is why they mostly came up short or barely grazed pac) if pac was hesitant that means he knew he had to get into the right position to attack...and he did that by avoiding most of floyds punches and getting close enough to land the better punches. seems like you are giving floyd credit simply because he made it harder for pac but he didnt do better than pac which is how you are supposed to score boxing.

no one would deny floyd easily won round 1 but what happened in the other rounds? they were not like round 1. we didnt see floyd land that right often at all(aside from rounds 5 and 11) while we saw pac land his left throughout the entire fight yet i dont see you saying floyd became hesitant because pac was catching him with that left. its your bias. the way to prevent this bias from appearing and from creating your own narratives is to simply focus on who was landing the better punchs and that was not floyd.

Comment

Pacman in his prime at featherweight to super-lightweight was an offensive monster. Speed kills as they say. However, he was the perfect opponent for a master counter puncher like Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  1 punch dictated the entire fight? how in the world could you even know that? you are making things up to fit your own narrative of how you thought the fight would go(bad way to do things and leads to bias)

if your argument is floyd could easily land the counter right.....how come he almost never landed??? hmmm seems like pac must have adjusted if that was the case. credit to pac maybe??? after round 1 pac was able to take away that weapon and land the much cleaner flusher punches. all floyd could manage was some jabs(mostly grazing) and some very weak counter taps(yes i mean taps) while pac connected full impact on floyds head and knocked it back. you think weak grazing punches are worth more than full impact punches? that cant be your argument.

if manny was hesitant to throw(nothing wrong with that if you are fighting a sharpshooter) then what was floyd? he wasnt committing to any of his punches. wasnt countering at all. was only throwing punches when manny was well out of range(which is why they mostly came up short or barely grazed pac) if pac was hesitant that means he knew he had to get into the right position to attack...and he did that by avoiding most of floyds punches and getting close enough to land the better punches. seems like you are giving floyd credit simply because he made it harder for pac but he didnt do better than pac which is how you are supposed to score boxing.

no one would deny floyd easily won round 1 but what happened in the other rounds? they were not like round 1. we didnt see floyd land that right often at all(aside from rounds 5 and 11) while we saw pac land his left throughout the entire fight yet i dont see you saying floyd became hesitant because pac was catching him with that left. its your bias. the way to prevent this bias from appearing and from creating your own narratives is to simply focus on who was landing the better punchs and that was not floyd.
                  I am giving my opinion based on what I saw. if you disagree, fine. Just do it with some substance, not BS.

Manny lost clearly Daggum. We can disagree as to why, You can pretend I am saying this out of bias as a floyd fan.

Until you acknowledge he lost its hard to discuss this with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                    Yes it's the best resume in boxing. No one moved as many weight classes while beating as many champions or hall of famers.

And it's not a triangle win. Floyd shut JMM out, remember? Then JMM knocked out prime Pac. I'm just saying, if JMM wasn't a great fighter at the point when Floyd shut him down then how did he go on to floor Pac.
                    you just described exactly what a triangle win is. not saying marquez isnt a good win but is a win over marquez as good as a win over the pac that marquez beat? no, clearly not. thats triangle logic.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      so why didn't he regarding berto, or marquez, or guerrero, or pac for that matter

i don't deal with excuses, or coulda, woulda...when he shoulda
                      He had Marquez on wobbly legs late. He could have easily stopped him if we wanted. He could have stopped Berto, Pac, or Guerrero. But it doesn't matter; you don't get bonus points for knocking out an opponent versus out boxing them over 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X