Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchroom USA=FLOP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest signing was Reshat Mati imo. He will be the biggest star in his stable in 3-5 year's.

Comment

My greatest fear and biggest misgiving about this online subscription based streaming service is the limited amount of audience it will attract. I fear that a lot of boxers who are not known by the American mainstream public will be marginalized and lost in the shuffle fighting on the web as opposed to television.

Moreover, it will make it more difficult for them to become box office
      crossover stars because hardly any casual fans would be browsing the web looking for these fighters because they won't know them. One is going to have to become a boxing fan in order to find and download this app.

So if it was Hearn's idea to help broaden his viewership among the American casual fan with the DAZN then the venture won't work. The reason being is because boxing is no longer a popular sport in the states. Moreover, it is hard enough to find boxing on television nowadays and perhaps as twice as hard to find it online if you are not a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        You can tell many people here still live with their parents and also have no clue about how business works if they think a business is supposed to be ultra successful this quick.
        Obviously things can change butnfrom what’s reported Matchroom has up to 8 years but are only guaranteed 2 years

And DAZN might be the next Netflix for sports in America if they get the fights to major sports

But in your opinion after the initial rollout do you think that the fighters that were presented ( AJ , Andrade,Vargas , Taylor , Miller ) and the initial fights planned
        AJ / Povetkin
        Miller /Spillzka
        Andrade /TBA
        Vargas / TBA
        Taylor / who gives a sh.it

Is enough to make hardcore boxing fans purchase the App or will lead to any casuals wanting to purchase the app strictly going off boxing content

I think the best thing they have going for hardcore boxing fans is having the WBSS and to some extent AJ/Povetkin( AJ never had good #s on Showtime and I think the last couple months have tarnished his reputation among North American boxing fans ) besides that none of the fighters / fights announced will create any traction among boxing fans or casuals

Comment

I know now that a lot of people in this thread is not a boxing fan because they wish that DZN flops instead of actually being successful. Isn't that a good thing for boxing? Why the hell are you wishing an investment to boxing be ending in failure because you don't like the man?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            I know now that a lot of people in this thread is not a boxing fan because they wish that DZN flops instead of actually being successful. Isn't that a good thing for boxing? Why the hell are you wishing an investment to boxing be ending in failure because you don't like the man?
            Because it's Business Administration 101 to never throw good money after bad. I'll admit DAZN app is a great complementary tool for us boxing fans. However, if the targeted market is casual fans then the venture will fail because mainstream audiences are not going to purchase a service from a sport of boxing athletes that they don't know.

Comment

You guys are missing the point of DAZN. Extra investment means more money into boxing and more fights etc, why you want it to fail is beyond me. I know a lot of people see it as being loyal to American wilder but it really is a completely separate issue!

Beyond that, people keep talking about attracting the casuals. Please listen to the DAZN team and ceo and their strategy. They are not aiming to capture casuals to begin with, that isn’t there target audience. Their initial target market group is the hardcore fans.

Comment

nah man! listen to the AJ fanboys! nex monf hearn gonna sign mikey the charlos and the charlos unborn kids and wilder and all wilders kids and floyd and ummmm who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  You guys are missing the point of DAZN. Extra investment means more money into boxing and more fights etc, why you want it to fail is beyond me. I know a lot of people see it as being loyal to American wilder but it really is a completely separate issue!

Beyond that, people keep talking about attracting the casuals. Please listen to the DAZN team and ceo and their strategy. They are not aiming to capture casuals to begin with, that isn’t there target audience. Their initial target market group is the hardcore fans.
                  says the guy most likely wishes the demise of al haymon and PBC...hahaha you cant make this stuff up...and even if you, personally, didnt wish it...you know many fans that cheer for the same fighters did wish for the PBC demise...lol

not only has joshua shamed his nation...but you guys are a shame to boxing fandom

Comment

Originally posted by JohnP2 View Post
                    The reason Americans don't like Eddie Hearns is because he tries to insult our intelligence.
                    Just by looking at your headline it seems that if anyone did in fact insult your intelligence, it was justified.

Comment

I'd pick up DAZN if it was available over here for the WBSS. Especially if they end up having build up shows & extra content that was hinted at a while back.
                      You'd get a month for the cost of one of ITV's WBSS PPVs.

Slightly off topic but i've not heard who's airing the new series of WBSS over here. Probably ITV again.

Comment

Working...
                      X