Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Manny leave Roach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he finally realised he was no longer getting a fair shake.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      From what I've observed and gathered, after the horn robbery roach didn't really protest the decision. Teddy atlas did a better job of defending Pacquiao. Instead of having his fighter's back, roach instead said Pac should retire.

Pacquiao is a world class championship prizefighter. He is a pureblood alpha, and it's all about respect.

You know you won the fight, you know you're still strong, you know you still got it in you, and you get no support from the guy who's supposed to have your back and he says you should retire.

That's why I think Pacquiao fired him.
      This sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        You don't have to be Roach to know Pac has 2 more fights left in him bruh. He can beat most welterweights out there, but Spence and Crawford is a tall order, but that to me is still a fight that will be competitive win or lose for Pac. Meaning, Roach doesn't really know what he's talking about now a days. Pac plays like a vet. He's not a reckless fighter anymore. He's a polished fighter/boxer who doesn't get hit that much. He takes his time, thus making him have a few fights left in him.
        I disagree man. Against a Lucas type, yes. But Lucas’ type of style has always favored Pacquiao.

I guess I should clarify and say I only disagree with the part of him being competitive with a Bud or Spence or type 5 guy. I think Danny isnt too terrible a matchup for him but outside of that I don’t think he’s competitive.

Spence, Crawford, Thurman are too much and Thurman and Spence (not that Bud doesnt) hit too hard.

Porter is what a “good” version of Horn would look like.

I think he’s got a couple fights, I agree with that. But not at the highest level.

I think a fringe top 10 guys..Maybe like Ugas. He might not be top 10 but I could only think of Vargas and Horn. :/

Or what about a catchweight against a younger dude like Jose Ramirez. Pac is probably still too much for a guy like that.

Maybe Mikey Garcia is feasible as well if he’s trying to hit up 47 for real (lmao). He’d have a great size advantage and Garcia might not be able to put a dangerous hurt on him.

I hope youre right that’s hes still got that much im him but the Horn fight was really telling. More than the fights before.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Roach has nothing to do with Arum...Roach said some things after the Horn fight a friend and a trainer should discuss in private
          On top of the fact that roach DIDN'T do **** to protect his fighter during the Horn fight (no protest nothing). Ties needed to be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
            You know what's funny? In pacquiao's corner, if you speak tagalog, buboy usually talks first in tagalog, and then when roach speaks after buboy, he says the exact same thing in english, buboy was saying in tagalog lol
            I speak cebuano (half of buboy instructions are tagalog/cebuano) and what you said sums it up perfectly. Sadly Roach was just added payroll at this point in Pac's career.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              I disagree man. Against a Lucas type, yes. But Lucas’ type of style has always favored Pacquiao.

I guess I should clarify and say I only disagree with the part of him being competitive with a Bud or Spence or type 5 guy. I think Danny isnt too terrible a matchup for him but outside of that I don’t think he’s competitive.

Spence, Crawford, Thurman are too much and Thurman and Spence (not that Bud doesnt) hit too hard.

I think he’s got a couple fights, I agree with that. But not at the highest level.

I think a fringe top 10 guys..Maybe like Ugas. He might not be top 10 but I could only think of Vargas and Horn. :/

Or what about a catchweight against a younger dude like Jose Ramirez. Pac is probably still too much for a guy like that.

Maybe Mikey Garcia is feasible as well if he’s trying to hit up 47 for real (lmao). He’d have a great size advantage and Garcia might not be able to put a dangerous hurt on him.

I hope youre right that’s hes still got that much im him but the Horn fight was really telling. More than the fights before.
              Let's break it down. Like I said, top guys like Spence and Crawford is a tall order, but Pac will still represent himself well win or lose. He will be battered and bruised for sure, which entails for an exciting fight, but don't expect Pac to go down early, if he does go down against these 2. It will be in a later rounds. Meaning this will be a competitive fight and a good one to watch. Now this is where we are different. Never count out a puncher. Pac has dynamite hands, he can hurt anybody, including Spence and Crawford, after all, if you really know boxing. The last thing that leaves in an old fighter is power.

So that said, Pac can beat most welterweights out there. Broner, Khan, Mikey, Danny. Don't even have to explain that, and Loma @ 140.

To make it more precise regarding Crawford and Spence.

Crawford has good foot work, and fast hands, which at this point will get Crawford where he wants himself to be in picking his punches, but that said, Pac still has good foot work and if they go toe to toe, I can still see Pac knocking out Crawford, but if Crawford goes to boxing and moving all night. Crawford will win on points, but Pac won't be far behind in points as well, but will lose to a 12 round bout, either way, any scenario. This is a good fight.

Spence, youth, power, close combat. Pac has wisdom, power, and range. Recipe for Pac to pic on Spence from a distance, the great equalizer for Spence if he can bum rush Pac in a phone booth, but knowing Pac he can get out of a pickle, and will likely stay on the outside in mid range. Things Spence don't like. So who has more power at this point in time. Spence, so I see Spence eventually getting in and ripping Pac in the body and will stop Pac in the late stages of the fight, but again, don't expect Pac not to come out shooting. His heavy hands can land bombs just as well, and can hurt Spence. Since, that's the last thing that leaves in an old boxer. Power. That said, don't count Pac out, Pac can win, but the odds are in Spence favor. Still this calls for a compelling fight.

Porter was Pac's sparring mate before. If Pac calls Porter it means he can dismantle him easily. Porter learned from Pac's sparring days in the wildcard. He gave Porter hell.

Thurman is not fundamentally sound. His Jack rabbit style will not work soundly with Pac. Pac will confuse him. This will be competitive.

In conclusion, any opponent Pac chooses is still fun to watch win or lose.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 07-19-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Roach has nothing to do with Arum...Roach said some things after the Horn fight a friend and a trainer should discuss in private
                I don't really believe thats why.

Arum said a big complaint was Freddy not doing his job during the fight and getting in the ref's áss for letting Horn fight dirty or something.

Not sure I really buy that fully either, maybe to some degree. I'm more inclined to believe Roach is declining from his condition and it's effecting his performance.

Comment

based on what??? the disrespect is real here. pac has been in there with heavier puncher, been hit by bigger guys, etc. spence and TC are not one punch ko type fighters.

if spence and TC wants to stop manny, they're gonna have to do it by wearing pac down slowly, meaning they're gonna have to exchange with manny, which can be dangerous for them too. pac is not completely done yet, a manny in good shape beats both of them, wont be easy though.

Comment

he beat the shiiet out of horn. pac was 147 tops fighting a guy that was 170+.

Comment

Khan is the easist for Pac to beat.

Look at Algieri, this feather fisted dude almost Knocked out glass jaw Khan lol

Algieri gave Khan a competitive fight and almost dropped him muliple times. Damn. There really are levels in this game.

And you guys know what Pac did to Algieri.

Last edited by Spoon23; 07-19-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X