No announcement yet.

Anyone else on keto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    I’ve only been on it for a few weeks now and I lost weight quick and I’m back in shape. I also have more endurance I feel like I can get legit back in the ring can’t believe I wasn’t doing this before.

For those of you who don’t know keto is basically cutting carbs out your diet (you can have up to 20g a day through vegetables) and making your body run on burning fats instead of carbs. I eat steak, eggs, and cheese all day and I’m in the best shape of my life right now.
    On the Mexican beef

Comment

I do intermittent fasting and keto. Have been able to keep a stable weight without losing any muscle, well below what I thought would ever be possible. One thing to keep in mind, carbs and most foods spike insulin. Insulin and human growth hormone are inversely proportional in the human body. The lower you can keep your insulin, the more growth hormone you'll have in your system. This will help maintain lean muscle mass, reduce inflammation, and help with recovery from exercise among other health benefits. Eating in a slight caloric deficit will always cause weight loss no matter what. You need to make sure you have sufficient amount of calories for your daily activity along with the proper nutrients. carbs to me are empty calories with little to no nutritional value.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
        I do intermittent fasting and keto. Have been able to keep a stable weight without losing any muscle, well below what I thought would ever be possible. One thing to keep in mind, carbs and most foods spike insulin. Insulin and human growth hormone are inversely proportional in the human body. The lower you can keep your insulin, the more growth hormone you'll have in your system. This will help maintain lean muscle mass, reduce inflammation, and help with recovery from exercise among other health benefits. Eating in a slight caloric deficit will always cause weight loss no matter what. You need to make sure you have sufficient amount of calories for your daily activity along with the proper nutrients. carbs to me are empty calories with little to no nutritional value.
        How long have you been doing it?

Comment

A little over a year. Started slow and worked into some longer fasts. Now I do daily fasts 20-23 hrs most days, with variations here and there. The keto diet compliments the fasting and helps kick start the fat burning process. You need to make sure you’re getting enough calories and nutrition when you do eat. Really no garbage. High quality protein, health fats and lots of vegetables. For someone who is exercising a lot or doing physical labor all day, they may have to widen the eating window to get enough calories. I recommend it to anyone Especially people who are trying to lose excess body fat and improve overall health.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
            So your own failure to be healthy on a vegeterian (which is also pretty ****) is somehow a fact that a plant based diet will cause ill effects?

Tell me how 100gr of meat is healthier and a better option to get your aminos than 100 gr of beans?
            There are plenty of nutrients that can only be found in animal products.

Source: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...lants#section5

It's been proven time and time again and Humans were designed to consume flesh from living creatures.

Look at the history of man and why certain species went extinct and you'll find solid speculation that they became extinct due to a constrictive diet. I can't remember which one it was, but the one I'm thinking of mainly ate red deer as compared to other species that has access to oceans and fish.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

It's been proven time and time again and Humans were designed to consume flesh from living creatures.

Look at the history of man and why certain species went extinct and you'll find solid speculation that they became extinct due to a constrictive diet. I can't remember which one it was, but the one I'm thinking of mainly ate red deer as compared to other species that has access to oceans and fish.
              Damn right. Every time I try to stay away from meat for a weak I almost turn into a vampire with my cravings.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

It's been proven time and time again that humans were designed to consume flesh? When? By whom exactly?

lmao One you didn't answer my question and you try to link me to a page that isn't even a scientific paper nor a peer reviewed article or anything with mechanistic data.

1. B12. They have to supplement farmed animals with b12 all the time because B12 is in the soil naturally. I suggest you do a better job at researching what b12 actually is. Also the article refutes itself naming nori wtf?
                2. Creatine is produced naturally and the better your nutrition you won't be deficient at all.
                3. Same with Carnosine
                4. D3 you can go out in the damn sun and make your own D3. If you have darker skin or live in a less sunny place take a dirt cheap vitamin D3 supplement?
                5. Omega 3 you can get with flax seeds or chia seeds along with tofu or fortified foods. The article says that they are "inefficient" sources but it's a complete lie. Look up how much Seeds you need to consume in order to get the recommended intake. To say it's inefficient is greatly exaggerated.
                6. Heme-Iron, this article is so skewed. Their claim that vegetarians and vegans are more prone to anemia is false. Real scientific research show that vegetarians and vegans have lower Iron stores not anemia.
                7. Taurine is irrelevant.

If you don't want to eat a plant based diet, that's fine but saying it's bound to cause ill effects is wrong. A plant based/vegan diet is suitable for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. A quote directly from the American academy of nutrition and dietetics which is the world's largest organization of nutritional professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  It's been proven time and time again that humans were designed to consume flesh? When? By whom exactly?

lmao One you didn't answer my question and you try to link me to a page that isn't even a scientific paper nor a peer reviewed article or anything with mechanistic data.
                  No need to LMAO ásshole. Just because there is scientific data ALL OVER THE PLACE that contradicts your agenda doesn't mean you can scoff at people for not providing links to academic journals. I'm not hunting for all that shít to make a simple response. Did I scoff at you? No, so get the fùck off my dick punk.

If man lived on a vegetable only diet we would be extinct and thats a fact. If you can't handle being wrong, fùck off.
                  Last edited by McNulty; 06-27-2018, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty

If man lived on a vegetable only diet we would be extinct and thats a fact. If you can't handle being wrong, fùck off.
                    From what I remember, most people with those vegan diets have to take pills to gain the nutrients from meat, or else they will get sick or weird deficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      From what I remember, most people with those vegan diets have to take pills to gain the nutrients from meat, or else they will get sick or weird deficiencies.
                      Vegans take it to another level for sure. I've seen stuff on parents making their children vegan and they're all fùcked up.

Comment

Working...
                      X