Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is ray Leonard beter than mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Lets ignore who is best between Pac and SRL aside.
    There are boxing critics and historians who have Pac as the greatest of all time. No boxing historian has SRL as the GOAT, as SRR will always be above SRL.
    No one with a brain has Pacquiao as the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
      Thats funny considering we dont know how many in Floyds resume are atg's at the moment.
      Yeah, we do. Floyd is all but done, as are his opponents. None are suddenly going to become greats now are they? It's absurd to think that some of his opponents are suddenly going to be thought of as ATGs the likes of Hearns, Hagler, Duran and Benitez. He's got a few HOFers there, 36 year old Marquez, 36 year old Oscar, 38 year old Mosley but no ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        I dono that I would call hearns an easy win, but I agree with his description in your post, soft chin, easily frustrated. its a fight floyd could definitely win, no doubt, but if it were floyd vs. SRL, and I was a bettin man, I'd bet it on SRL, and I'm a big floyd fan.

with hearns, I could go either way. hearns' height and his right hand is scary, but I think floyd is a good enough boxer to take that away from him, quite quickly...
        if you can't ko hearns, you can't win by outboxing him either. plus hearns is not as slow as baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
          if you can't ko hearns, you can't win by outboxing him either. plus hearns is not as slow as baldomir
          hawww?? this post makes no sense to me, and not sure what baldomir has to do with floyd-hearns, but lets just leave it at okie dokie...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            Yeah, we do. Floyd is all but done, as are his opponents. None are suddenly going to become greats now are they? It's absurd to think that some of his opponents are suddenly going to be thought of as ATGs the likes of Hearns, Hagler, Duran and Benitez. He's got a few HOFers there, 36 year old Marquez, 36 year old Oscar, 38 year old Mosley but no ATG.
            I consider Marquez to be just about an ATG but obviousluy not in the leagues of Duran, Hagler, Hearns and Benitez.

Comment

Originally posted by statosteve View Post
              Leonard-36 wins 3 losses
              Lost to camacho
              Lost to terry norris
              Lost to Duran
              Draw with hearns
              Split decision to hagler
              Pretty much all his other wins were against no names besides a few....I think it's an insult to floyd...do you think Leonard was and is overrated??
              Epic fail of a thread.

In 20 years time people will be putting a big asterisk on Floyd for testing positive on banned substance.

Comment

Saw thread title, and assumed was a joke. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  I dono that I would call hearns an easy win, but I agree with his description in your post, soft chin, easily frustrated. its a fight floyd could definitely win, no doubt, but if it were floyd vs. SRL, and I was a bettin man, I'd bet it on SRL, and I'm a big floyd fan.

with hearns, I could go either way. hearns' height and his right hand is scary, but I think floyd is a good enough boxer to take that away from him, quite quickly...
                  It wont be easy by normal standards but it's a better match up than say Ray or Hagler. Leonard may be the only one that could push Floyd to his breaking point. He potshots Duran and Hagler to death.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                    It wont be easy by normal standards but it's a better match up than say Ray or Hagler. Leonard may be the only one that could push Floyd to his breaking point. He potshots Duran and Hagler to death.
                    I almost agree. I have never argued that floyd would beat duran in a H2H. duran is a great fighter / mauler, but floyd is way smarter and more adaptive. yea yea some tards here will call me flomo or whatever, but that wont change the truth.

I dont think floyd could potshot hagler, or beat him for that matter, another unfair comparison, hagler is a monster, size wise, compared to floyd. i think hearns is winnable, and duran obviously...

Comment

I can't believe this thread reached 8 pages and I can't believe I'm posting in it.

Sugar Ray fought in the golden era of boxing and one of boxing's original fab 4 or make it fab 5 to include the youngest world boxing champion from PR. He beat all the other 4 although one was a controversial one because it was a close fight that could have gone the other way and he was also criticized for waiting for that one fighter to soften a little. He definitely belongs to the top 5 ATG.

Floyd on the other hand...nvm.

Comment

Working...
                      X