Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kathy Duva Explains Why Barrera is Not Fighting Artur Beterbiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the reason, Beterbiev would have knocked him back to Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Yes beterbiev had no obligation to pay a penny more. But diva wasted everyone's time refusing to pay for the fight herself and entering a bid she lost and knew was horrible for her fighter. Then tried to pressure her fighter to go on with the fight anyway. Then her fighters own manager finally protected the fighter and said no phuk you bytch we are not fighting for 60k. Duva is the most at fault for this mess.
      Agreed, you are correct. Though he don't want to fight for 60K, now I am not sure how much he would be getting for the Paul Parker fight? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
        Agreed, you are correct. Though he don't want to fight for 60K, now I am not sure how much he would be getting for the Paul Parker fight? lol
        Probably getting the same or more for parker stay busy fight with little chance of losing while he tries to land a big money fight later this year. The risk vs reward is not even close. No manager would tell their fighter who has headlined fights on HBO last year and coming off a big win against shabransky who was on everyone top 10 rankings to go fight beterbiev for 60k. That's a terrible deal good for his people around him telling him phuk your promoter we need to pass from this fight. And shame on duva.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-30-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Someone please tell me what Barerra is getting for fighting Paul Parker!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            This is damage control spin by Duva. The fight didn't happened because the money was a joke. Duva put her fighter in a purse bid that she lost then tried to force him to fight for peanuts. Barrera manager and team around him would of been fools to continue with the fight. Duva is not on the same page with her client because if she was this wouldn't dragged on as long as it did and fallen apart so publically. It's embarrassing for her company with her own fighter going rogue saying phuk you duva I'm not fighting. LMAO

Beterviev camp were being cheap but can't fault them they followed the rules and duva assured them barrera was fighting. This is why you need a manager looking out for the fighter best interest to push back on a stupid promoter (Duva).
            Personally, I think Beterbiev's manager/adviser was stupid to inisist on sticking to the mandated purse split instead of giving Barrera a more generous slice of the pie and getting the fight on.

Beterbiev could still have earned damn good money for a fight he was a big favourite to win, instead of sitting around wasting more precious time.

Comment

This fight would've sucked anyways. Barrera is C+ at best and Beterbiev needs to start getting some big money fights. Time isn't on his side.

Comment

They couldn't get going with Barrera because he felt he had been let down by the Joke bid Main Events threw in... From that time he knew he didn't have any support from his own crew... Duva is a disgrace.... always...

Comment

Duva screwed up the kovalev-stevens fight. she almost screwed up the kovalev-ward first fight and is about to do the same for the rematch. and now this.

Comment

i dont know how legit this is, but duvas comments come off as bad spin.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      I know the reason, Beterbiev would have knocked him back to Cuba.
                      Then why force a purse bid?

Why didn't want negotiate the fight before going purse bid?

Why hide behind the 75/25 split?

Betv was rank in other association just like Barrera why not fight for the other belt ranking and get a mandatory to the main one also? Barrera wanted to fight him from a lot time

NOPE team Beterbiev's team wants the easiest road to the mandatory belt by fighting NOBODY.

Again Beterbiev has fought NOBODY.

Again Beterbiev record is full of garbage.

Acting like he is GGG or Canelo. GTFOH

Comment

Working...
                      X