Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because Jacobs gave GGG some trouble, doesnt mean that Canelo will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin will jab the **** out of canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Canelo will give Golovkin serious problems and in my opinion beat him. It'll be mainly because of Golovkin's inability to fight on the inside.
      Golovkin doesn't have to fight on the inside to win. He'd outbox Canelo from the outside. GGG has deceptively quick feet. He makes fighters punches fall short a lot by taking quick steps back. Jacobs is a lot longer than Canelo and he had trouble catching GGG clean and was lunging a lot.

GGG's jab alone would give Canelo big problems. People forget GGG has the better amateur pedigree and is more versatile than Canelo.

Canelo can only fight one way.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
        Styles make fights. Canelo very well could beat Golovkin but it's not likely. Canelo is much too slow on his feet to avoid Golovkin.

Canelo's defense isn't going enough to avoid Golovkin's offense but Golovkin defense is good enough to neglect Canelo's offense.

Canelo has much better defence than Jacobs. Is a much better counterpuncher and throws combinations. He's going to light the straight up and down, no special effects guy up.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Some of you got this sht wrong. You think last night is some indication that canelo can do the same? CAnelo doesnt have the range, mobility and the power of Jacobs.. it is a totally different fight.

Ggg beats his azz... nothing has changed
          Canelo ain't no cheat or steroid taking junkie like Dinamita. Canelo will knock out that bum in less than 5 rounds. I'd be willing to bet you anything, but you probably live in Tijuana. You don't have anything but a taco stand. Long live, Canelo.

Comment

The pattern has been shown to be true

Some of you got this sht wrong. You think last night is some indication that canelo can do the same? CAnelo doesnt have the range, mobility and the power of Jacobs.. it is a totally different fight.

Kassim Ouma put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Rosado put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Monroe put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Kell Brook put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, and Daniel Jacobs beyond put hands on Golovkin (to the point that folks have him edging a victory).

Golovkin doesn't fight on the inside, hardly ever; he'll stalk his opponent, and he'll cut down the ring, but all of his efforts is to get you into position to fire his mid-range shots.

I agree, it is a totally different fight; just not different in the way that folks are thinking.

Not saying that he's as good as the guy I'll mention, but Alvarez has a lot of James Toney in him; good on the counter, fast and sharp combinations, good defensive movement, heavy preference for having his opponent try and hunt him down, etc.

What does Golovkin have in his arsenal to negate Alvarez's gifts, now that it's been confirmed that Golovkin doesn't have one-shot power?

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              I just hope the PPV numbers are good so that the pressure is on Oscar to make the fight.
              If the PPV flops, I doubt we'll see the fight.
              There's going to have to be a ****load of PPV buys to have Alvarez give up a piece of his event (the only fighters he's split his shows with are Floyd and Cotto, with Chavez Jr and Amir Khan both likely getting a piece of the back-end).

MSG wasn't sold out, or near there in the run-up to the fight, so the heat may not have gotten the fan interest all that hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Kassim Ouma put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Rosado put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Monroe put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, Kell Brook put hands on Golovkin when he stood and fought, and Daniel Jacobs beyond put hands on Golovkin (to the point that folks have him edging a victory).

Golovkin doesn't fight on the inside, hardly ever; he'll stalk his opponent, and he'll cut down the ring, but all of his efforts is to get you into position to fire his mid-range shots.

I agree, it is a totally different fight; just not different in the way that folks are thinking.

Not saying that he's as good as the guy I'll mention, but Alvarez has a lot of James Toney in him; good on the counter, fast and sharp combinations, good defensive movement, heavy preference for having his opponent try and hunt him down, etc.

What does Golovkin have in his arsenal to negate Alvarez's gifts, now that it's been confirmed that Golovkin doesn't have one-shot power?
                GGG is a better fighter in general than Canelo and i think the size difference for Canelo will be an issue just like it was for GGG with Jacobs. GGG is already the better fighter, now add on being bigger and longer? Tough night for Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                  GGG is a better fighter in general than Canelo and i think the size difference for Canelo will be an issue just like it was for GGG with Jacobs. GGG is already the better fighter, now add on being bigger and longer? Tough night for Canelo
                  size for size, I sincerely doubt that Golovkin is any bigger than Alvarez is; at all of 26 years old, Alvarez's body is still malleable enough for the boiled down to junior middleweight in a way that a 35-year old Golovkin talks of being.

Beyond that Golovkin isn't really longer than Alvarez either, BoxRec has both Alvarez and Golovkin listed as having 70" reach.

Folks can argue the better fighter all they want, but styles make fights; Golovkin doesn't fight on the inside (for the amount of stocking that he does) and Alvarez would prefer that he not have to chase down his opponent (because his work on the inside is pretty beautiful).

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Canelo is flat footed
                    but he is a far better counter puncher and inside fighter

Comment

Just because GGG beat a bunch of no hopers consisting of smaller guys and a bunch of c and b- fighters doesn't mean that he would beat Canelo. Canelo would be the 1st A class fighter that Gift Golovkin ever fought. Gift Golovkin hasn't looked all that impressive since he's been doing testing and fighting better competition. There are no guarantees in boxing and Canelo is a live dog.

Comment

Working...
                      X