Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner Doesnt Suck, I Was At The Rees Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner's true test right now is Zab Judah.

They both fight at a pace favored for each other, and if Broner can't get passed the Judah we saw against Paulie.. well then its over for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The problem is this was not his first poor performance. Quintero, Ponce De Leon, Malignaggi and now Maidana.

And in the Rees fight he got schooled in the first 3 rounds. In fact, for me, the Rees fight actually solidified that Broner is an ordinary fighter. Which is why my prediction for the Paulie fight was that it will be close because Paulie is bigger than Rees, faster, more active and has fought bigger punchers than Broner and just overall better fighters. I was dead wrong on my prediction of Maidana-Broner, because I thought Maidana was too limited and was going to look like DeMarco, but Broner is so bad that even Maidana beat him, and that's not even a knock on Maidana. Just saying, Corley and old Morales did better than Broner.

I'm sorry, but Broner does suck. My rating for him as a fighter is C+, and I usually resort such a rating for good journeymen.
      well Ill say this. I use to defend some o fhis peformances. Like people ripped him for PDL but I always give guys a pass on fights like that because PDL is a Southpaw and that makes a ton of guys look ordinary. Then Rees did alot of things but I was there and I took it more as Broner just not respecting him. Like I felt like he was almost letting Rees hit him because he knew he couldnt hurt hima and he would go right through him. The Paulie fight was bad but again, Im a Paulie fan. I also thought Broner jumping up in weight bothered him and he never fought a guy with Paulie's movement & skill.

Now this fight bothered me a ton and makes me question things. He didnt let his hands go against Paulie but I thought his movement bothered him but he did the same against Maidana. Broner always makes me feel like "ok, now he's about to take over" but that part never comes. It feel like that against Paulie & Maidana. He has the quick hands, he starts walking them down like Floyd, but then he never finishes it off. Its like he's always about to do something but it never happens. He's got alot of Dawson in him. He doesnt have that next gear, atleast not against the top guys.

Plus, will he ever move & box? He can do it, right? Im starting to truly question that now or if his trainers even ever teach it

Comment

Broner's true ability is being able to sweat out 20+ pounds of water then beat up little guys.

He was 165 against Maidana. 165!!!! A MW.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          well Ill say this. I use to defend some o fhis peformances. Like people ripped him for PDL but I always give guys a pass on fights like that because PDL is a Southpaw and that makes a ton of guys look ordinary. Then Rees did alot of things but I was there and I took it more as Broner just not respecting him. Like I felt like he was almost letting Rees hit him because he knew he couldnt hurt hima and he would go right through him. The Paulie fight was bad but again, Im a Paulie fan. I also thought Broner jumping up in weight bothered him and he never fought a guy with Paulie's movement & skill.

Now this fight bothered me a ton and makes me question things. He didnt let his hands go against Paulie but I thought his movement bothered him but he did the same against Maidana. Broner always makes me feel like "ok, now he's about to take over" but that part never comes. It feel like that against Paulie & Maidana. He has the quick hands, he starts walking them down like Floyd, but then he never finishes it off. Its like he's always about to do something but it never happens. He's got alot of Dawson in him. He doesnt have that next gear, atleast not against the top guys.

Plus, will he ever move & box? He can do it, right? Im starting to truly question that now or if his trainers even ever teach it

These were my exact thoughts.. spot on.

Comment

I was saying leading up to the fight that broner has not fought a puncher his entire career except maybe ponce who is really a decent puncher. And that maidana's power was going to shock him. I thought he was going to run once he felt chino's power but he actually didn't which surprised me.

I was scratching my head with most of the people here who was outright saying broner was going to beat the **** out maidana. Just goes to show the knowledge of boxing that most people here have.

Comment

DLT I know what you mean about Broner looking like he's about to take over.I made the same observation, it actually made me nervous for Maidana. But Maidana always came back with some awkward combination to make Broner start all over again and doubt himself.

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
              Broner's true ability is being able to sweat out 20+ pounds of water then beat up little guys.

He was 165 against Maidana. 165!!!! A MW.
              I believe he was 156, at least that's what Showtime showed(I think?). Still 156 vs 161lbs is not a big deal at all, they were both pretty much MW's on fight night. Broner was just fighting a guy his size and lost.Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                lots of fair points dlt...
                the fight was over like a minute in. Thats when Maidana swung, Broner partially blocked it, but you could tell that even that blocked punch was 10x harder then anything he's ever felt. He had that look like "WTF"!. He came back in the middle rounds because he has skills but the end was never in doubt, atleast not if he planned to fight that same way. he was getting hit with pebbles his whole career and in the 1st round he felt bricks and that was the end of it. He could try to play it off and go toe to toe but you could tell that every shot was like damn, it looks so much easier on TV.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  I was saying leading up to the fight that broner has not fought a puncher his entire career except maybe ponce who is really a decent puncher. And that maidana's power was going to shock him. I thought he was going to run once he felt chino's power but he actually didn't which surprised me.

I was scratching my head with most of the people here who was outright saying broner was going to beat the **** out maidana. Just goes to show the knowledge of boxing that most people here have.
                  No, he actually couldn't.

And, it's not stupid to think Broner was going to beat up Maidana. Maidana has been very inconsistent throughout the years.Most notably against Corley and Morales,and let's face it he was badly hurt against Lopez and also Cayo gave him a very tough fight.People just didn't know which Maidana would show up, the one who f-cked up Ortiz and almost beat Khan, or the sloppy one that almost lost to Morales and looked terrible against Corley.

A 37-13 Corley did considerably better than Broner, and a badly shot Morales had scorecards of 114-114 and 116-112. No one would have have imagined Broner would do worse than those two.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Broner's true test right now is Zab Judah.

They both fight at a pace favored for each other, and if Broner can't get passed the Judah we saw against Paulie.. well then its over for him.

Imagine if Broner lost to Zab haha

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      DLT I know what you mean about Broner looking like he's about to take over.I made the same observation, it actually made me nervous for Maidana. But Maidana always came back with some awkward combination to make Broner start all over again and doubt himself.

I believe he was 156, at least that's what Showtime showed(I think?). Still 156 vs 161lbs is not a big deal at all, they were both pretty much MW's on fight night. Broner was just fighting a guy his size and lost.Plain and simple.
                      yeah, Im definitely not trying to play it like Broner's a small guy. Im just speaking of what he was use to facing. I just think it was a big shock to his system. You can easily argue that he never was great and was just beating up on small guys but I think to make a more fair observation, you would have to bring him along at a certain level or pace. Even Danny Garcia said it, they shouldve put him in with a ok puncher before facing Maidana because you could tell he wasnt ready to feel those shots. Those are nothing like what Rees punches felt like

Comment

Working...
                      X