Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson: Ward has not shown yet what he has.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tim Duncan comparison is amazing. I could not think of a better athlete in another sport to compare Ward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Thanks for nothing. Floyd beating Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz & Cotto is not currently greater than Ward dominating Kessler, Abraham, Froch & just recently Dawson, in this universe or any other. Therefore IMO as of right now, Ward is clearly without a doubt the better fighter.
      Your welcome. I don't think you can simply parse the last few fights and put ward ahead of floyd. I mean floyd's fought almost as many championship fights as ward has fought in total. But inactivity should be factored in.I was very impressed with Ward and if the dawson fight was at 175, maybe I'd agree with you.

Comment

Nazadamus

that Tim Duncan comparison was so on point!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Your welcome. I don't think you can simply parse the last few fights and put ward ahead of floyd. I mean floyd's fought almost as many championship fights as ward has fought in total. But inactivity should be factored in.I was very impressed with Ward and if the dawson fight was at 175, maybe I'd agree with you.
          Before Pacman & Floyd came along & watered down the pfp ranking with popularity contests, that ***** used to change all-thee-time. You had to keep on beating quality guys to stay on top.

But for the past what 3, 4 years these dudes been hounding the #1 spot while doing nothing worthy of those accolades. How the **** is Pacman still top 5 in most respectable pfp list right now is amazing.

But like I said Ward has done more for me in the last 2 years than Floyd's done, therefore as of right now, Ward is #1. Can you even argue that?? Or are you just gonna hold on to Floyd's popularity & resume as your last straw??

Comment

Thanks for nothing. Floyd beating Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz & Cotto is not currently greater than Ward dominating Kessler, Abraham, Froch & just recently Dawson, in this universe or any other. Therefore IMO as of right now, Ward is clearly without a doubt the better fighter.
            True words

Comment

Before Pacman & Floyd came along & watered down the pfp ranking with popularity contests, that ***** used to change all-thee-time. You had to keep on beating quality guys to stay on top.

But for the past what 3, 4 years these dudes been hounding the #1 spot while doing nothing worthy of those accolades. How the **** is Pacman still top 5 in most respectable pfp list right now is amazing.

But like I said Ward has done more for me in the last 2 years than Floyd's done, therefore as of right now, Ward is #1. Can you even argue that?? Or are you just gonna hold on to Floyd's popularity & resume as your last straw??
              I like that use of adjectives "beating" vs "dominating". Slick.At the time floyd beat these fighters, they were all as respected and accomplished, if not more so, than the fighters Ward beat. The difference is people underestimated Ward and foolishly favored the bigger punchers in the Super Six, not the better boxer. So Ward defied most expectations. Not mine and I don't think yours either.

Ward's wins coupled with floyd's inactivity, makes a strong case for Ward being #1.

Comment

I like that use of adjectives "beating" vs "dominating". Slick.At the time floyd beat these fighters, they were all as respected and accomplished, if not more so, than the fighters Ward beat. The difference is people underestimated Ward and foolishly favored the bigger punchers in the Super Six, not the better boxer. So Ward defied most expectations. Not mine and I don't think yours either.

Ward's wins coupled with floyd's inactivity, makes a strong case for Ward being #1.
                You're right about 1 thing, I knew Ward would retire the side, I knew it.

But the reason I said beating compared to dominating is the underdog factor.

Floyd beat those guys, (as he was favored) to win. Dominated some, worked for others.

Now while I'm a realist & try to always keep it real. Abraham won the early rounds against Ward & Froch won the championship rounds against him. But outside of those very few rounds Ward dominated those dudes.

Comment

You're right about 1 thing, I knew Ward would retire the side, I knew it.

But the reason I said beating compared to dominating is the underdog factor.

Floyd beat those guys, (as he was favored) to win. Dominated some, worked for others.

Now while I'm a realist & try to always keep it real. Abraham won the early rounds against Ward & Froch won the championship rounds against him. But outside of those very few rounds Ward dominated those dudes.
                  Bush my dude, I know why you used the different adjectives, we've been at this a while. The underdog factor is a great way to put it. The perception is Ward winning the 6 was an upset, that he beat better fighters. Not in my book. I'll give that to Froch because he surprised me, then again I know much more about ward at the time than i did froch.

If ward had the LHW belt today, I might even put floyd #2.

Comment

Bush my dude, I know why you used the different adjectives, we've been at this a while. The underdog factor is a great way to put it. The perception is Ward winning the 6 was an upset, that he beat better fighters. Not in my book. I'll give that to Froch because he surprised me, then again I know much more about ward at the time than i did froch.

If ward had the LHW belt today, I might even put floyd #2.
                    I'd hang on to the light heavyweight thing if I were you too. As the only logical reason to not give Ward his due.

I'd also try to overlook the fact that Floyd got all he could handle against a fighter that was previously twice destroyed. Or that Floyd cheated the scales against a lightweight. Or that (I know I picked Mosley) doesn't change the fact that he was shot. Or the fact that Josesito Lopez just stopped Floyd's Ortiz for crying out loud!!

But the only knock on Ward that the homey Dunn can find to not give Ward his due is that he accepted Dawson's offer to fight at 168, denial anyonelol!!

Comment

I'd hang on to the light heavyweight thing if I were you too. As the only logical reason to not give Ward his due.

I'd also try to overlook the fact that Floyd got all he could handle against a fighter that was previously twice destroyed. Or that Floyd cheated the scales against a lightweight. Or that (I know I picked Mosley) doesn't change the fact that he was shot. Or the fact that Josesito Lopez just stopped Floyd's Ortiz for crying out loud!!

But the only knock on Ward that the homey Dunn can find to not give Ward his due is that he accepted Dawson's offer to fight at 168, denial anyonelol!!
                      Man you go from well thought to pathetic faster than a porsche goes 0-60. not give ward his due just because I said he's #2? Geez man how do you equate that to knocking him?. Hanging on to the LHW thing? If he won the LHW belt he'd be the champion in 2 different division,instead of 1, JUST AS FLOYD IS!!

I'll end here, its always good to debate you when you are in the right frame of mind. But when you start using Ortiz performance after he fought floyd then its time to go. Oh yeah, how has Abraham looked after Ward?

Comment

Working...
                      X