Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs (Prime) Roy Jones, Jr at 168...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Much as I give Jones crap, I appreciate that the man was a freak of nature, guys like him, the only ones who have a small chance of a win would be someone like mclellan, who's only chance is to go for broke, throw with Jones and hope an anvil lands.

Those saying ward would "adjust" or "nuetralise" Jones AT ALL, i'd love to know what your Basing that on when technical master craftsmen like Toney and Hopkins couldn't do **** against him.

And thus far I've seen nothing to say ward matches prime versions of those guys.
    Yeah but in the end no shame at all, in terms of overall ability one could make a case for Roy being the best fighter to lace up a pair of gloves.

Comment

Andre Ward is an elite fighter

no one around in his weight class can fock with him

you're talkin prime Roy?

he's not THAT good

Comment

Jones by decision. I haven't seen anything to suggest Ward having a weak chin and Roy's usual MO was to box carefully if he wasn't sure about being able to get an opponent out of there at will.

Poet

Comment

Roy's physical talent would again excel and be on great display, the prime 168 roy was just too athletic.. ward is the most technically sound and the best at 168 in his era, but he should do more to be an ATG.. like jump 5 divisions up??? but wait, he didnt even do it for dawson if he really wants greatness..i love his win, but the cloud is too big, no question asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Much as I give Jones crap, I appreciate that the man was a freak of nature, guys like him, the only ones who have a small chance of a win would be someone like mclellan, who's only chance is to go for broke, throw with Jones and hope an anvil lands.

Those saying ward would "adjust" or "nuetralise" Jones AT ALL, i'd love to know what your Basing that on when technical master craftsmen like Toney and Hopkins couldn't do **** against him.

And thus far I've seen nothing to say ward matches prime versions of those guys.
            Well Roy did struggle against Montell Griffin in the first fight but Griffin was awkward as hell and had the greatest trainer of all time in his corner.

Comment

Jones gets him outta there in the late rounds.

Comment

Andre Ward is a special fighter.

However, prime Roy was a once in a generation ultra-special fighter. Jones via stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Well Roy did struggle against Montell Griffin in the first fight but Griffin was awkward as hell and had the greatest trainer of all time in his corner.
                  He did have some issues to start, but when he turned it on Griffin was on the floor and about to be stopped.

Then a focused Roy showed up for the rematch with a point to prove; it was proved in 2 and a half minutes.

Comment

Andre Ward is arguably the best fighter on the face of the earth right now. Roy Jones was the best fighter of the last 20 to 30 years. If I see a fighter as gifted as Roy again I will thank god for letting me live long enough.

Comment

RJJ by KO in the middle rounds

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X