Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Canelo Flipped Script On Golovkin, Walked Him Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s going to haunt GGG for awhile. Canelo basically stood right in from of him the entire fight. I had GGG winning slightly after I watched it but man; he should have been all over Canelo. That’s what he kept saying he wanted-SMH!

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
      That’s going to haunt GGG for awhile. Canelo basically stood right in from of him the entire fight. I had GGG winning slightly after I watched it but man; he should have been all over Canelo. That’s what he kept saying he wanted-SMH!

how did you work that out ?

Canelo got a clean sweep on ALL official scoring criteria

don't know how anyone can score for the guy who could not get his game going at all

Comment

Life is a strange thing. Everything depends on perspective, on the eye of the beholder, on relativity.

I am nobody, I know, so very few people if anybody, cares about whatever I post on here, but yet for those who read my previous comments on the fight result, I want to redeem myself, because

HAVING WATCHED THE ENTIRE FIGHT AGAIN ROUND BY ROUND WITH NO SOUND AT ALL, the first time in my life I do this, it is a totally different experience and feeling.

Previously in my other comments, I was a fool stating that since the US and UK as well as most Mexican commentators stated that GGG won about 8-4 or 116-112, and while watching the fight LISTENING TO THEIR VERY BIASED COMMENTS, cheering every connected blow from GGG, ignoring almost all brutal punches from Canelo, and during the breaks, showing mostly a rarity: a well-connected GGG punch, ignoring, yet again, any of the several BRUTAL punches Canelo connected IN ANY ROUND, i simply got slowly brainwashed by their erroneous rhetoric and their biased imagery in the replays.

Like I said, watching the fight 100% silently, was totally different.

The first impression was: I feel like an idiot having stated this fight is a candidate for "fight of the year" NO WAY!!! They missed SO MANY PUNCHES it got really boring and frustrating watching them, without noise and commentary. There's a point where watching one spectacular punch connected every 20 or 30 missed, weak or partially connected punches, gets really really boring. Watching it silently, this fight was boring as heck, they respected themselves WAY TOO MUCH. they DID NOT give all they got, not even close to it. To me this fight was pathetic compared to the battles between the true legendary middleweights such as Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard. Nothing to do with those. They really got into it, they didn't just respect themselves a lot all fight and connected just a few meaningful punches every round.

The 2nd impression was simple: NO WAY IN HELL DID GGG WIN THE 2ND FIGHT, PERIOD. Everything he did including his jab, looked super-weak compared to everything Canelo did. Even the jab. Canelo's was way more powerful, not to mention the power punches. That's why GGG looked all beat up and cut at the end, and I am sure the next few days he must have spit blood from those brutal stomach punches. What i saw is a shorter, way, way more stocky and strong guy, as in Canelo, with way more power in his punch, way more strength, that's why he backed down GGG THE WHOLE FIGHT (not just the first 8 rounds like I had commented previously) , AND HE NEVER EVER GOT HURT, i lied through my teeth, repeating that garbage that both US and UK commentators spewed out, that supposedly GGG "hurt" Canelo in the 10th. NO WAY, he just connected one very good punch to Canelo's face that didn't hurt him at all, it looked spectacular because Canelo didn't see it coming and it threw him off balance a couple of seconds, but the proof that he wasn't hurt: immediately after that, he attacked GGG with a variety of punches.

Honestly at the end, and during the whole fight, GGG was the weak way less powerful fighter and the worse boxer (missed way more than Canelo, even in his specialty, the jab), he looked innocent and fragile, while Canelo looked like the "bad guy" like the punisher, like the strong one taking command.

I think Canelo won clearly some six rounds, no contest at all, and the other half were a coin flip, but in all rounds EVEN THE FIRST ONE WHICH HOPKINS SAYS GGG WON AND I DISAGREE, Canelo connected all the meaningful punches. Without sound, EVERYTHING GGG did looked weak, innocent, and everything Canelo did looked mean, looked hurtful, looked like any moment GGG would get KO'd or his face would simply start swelling to the point the fight would be stopped, or he would take a knee because he could no longer withstand so much brutal stomach punishment.

Had this fight been like in the olden times, 15 rounds, I am sure, no doubt at all, that GGG would have been stopped by the 14th.

Seeing this stuff WITHOUT THOSE BIASED COMMENTATORS SPEWING OUT STUPIDITY, makes a whole different experience. I highly advise it to everybody. Anyone with an open mind and no bias like myself, could change their minds 180 degrees like I just did, and I do apologize for my previous stupid comments saying GGG won 116-112, no way did that happen! But I am too lazy to look for my previous ridiculous posts and delete them in total shame, and besides I believe every single one has already been quoted, of course because they were sooo silly and wrong.

Cheers and peace!
        Last edited by sterilizer; 09-21-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Golovkin selected an inactive fighter in Vanes, and that was his best performance for years..... and you clowns ran around calling him a beast

didn't look like a beast against Jacobs or Canelo now, did he ?

you shltstain butthurt casuals who think that bashing a truly great fighter somehow elevates Golovkin..... are the bottom of the barrel

stop crying kid, Triple-Lumpkin got exactly what he asked for, and exactly what he deserved
          He should have jumped out of the ring, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
            Life is a strange thing. Everything depends on perspective, on the eye of the beholder, on relativity.

I am nobody, I know, so very few people if anybody, cares about whatever I post on here, but yet for those who read my previous comments on the fight result, I want to redeem myself, because

HAVING WATCHED THE ENTIRE FIGHT AGAIN ROUND BY ROUND WITH NO SOUND AT ALL, the first time in my life I do this, it is a totally different experience and feeling.

Previously in my other comments, I was a fool stating that since the US and UK as well as most Mexican commentators stated that GGG won about 8-4 or 116-112, and while watching the fight LISTENING TO THEIR VERY BIASED COMMENTS, cheering every connected blow from GGG, ignoring almost all brutal punches from Canelo, and during the breaks, showing mostly a rarity: a well-connected GGG punch, ignoring, yet again, any of the several BRUTAL punches Canelo connected IN ANY ROUND, i simply got slowly brainwashed by their erroneous rhetoric and their biased imagery in the replays.

Like I said, watching the fight 100% silently, was totally different.

The first impression was: I feel like an idiot having stated this fight is a candidate for "fight of the year" NO WAY!!! They missed SO MANY PUNCHES it got really boring and frustrating watching them, without noise and commentary. There's a point where watching one spectacular punch connected every 20 or 30 missed, weak or partially connected punches, gets really really boring. Watching it silently, this fight was boring as heck, they respected themselves WAY TOO MUCH. they DID NOT give all they got, not even close to it. To me this fight was pathetic compared to the battles between the true legendary middleweights such as Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard. Nothing to do with those. They really got into it, they didn't just respect themselves a lot all fight and connected just a few meaningful punches every round.

The 2nd impression was simple: NO WAY IN HELL DID GGG WIN THE 2ND FIGHT, PERIOD. Everything he did including his jab, looked super-weak compared to everything Canelo did. Even the jab. Canelo's was way more powerful, not to mention the power punches. That's why GGG looked all beat up and cut at the end, and I am sure the next few days he must have spit blood from those brutal stomach punches. What i saw is a shorter, way, way more stocky and strong guy, as in Canelo, with way more power in his punch, way more strength, that's why he backed down GGG THE WHOLE FIGHT (not just the first 8 rounds like I had commented previously) , AND HE NEVER EVER GOT HURT, i lied through my teeth, repeating that garbage that both US and UK commentators spewed out, that supposedly GGG "hurt" Canelo in the 10th. NO WAY, he just connected one very good punch to Canelo's face that didn't hurt him at all, it looked spectacular because Canelo didn't see it coming and it threw him off balance a couple of seconds, but the proof that he wasn't hurt: immediately after that, he attacked GGG with a variety of punches.

Honestly at the end, and during the whole fight, GGG was the weak way less powerful fighter and the worse boxer (missed way more than Canelo, even in his specialty, the jab), he looked innocent and fragile, while Canelo looked like the "bad guy" like the punisher, like the strong one taking command.

I think Canelo won clearly some six rounds, no contest at all, and the other half were a coin flip, but in all rounds EVEN THE FIRST ONE WHICH HOPKINS SAYS GGG WON AND I DISAGREE, Canelo connected all the meaningful punches. Without sound, EVERYTHING GGG did looked weak, innocent, and everything Canelo did looked mean, looked hurtful, looked like any moment GGG would get KO'd or his face would simply start swelling to the point the fight would be stopped, or he would take a knee because he could no longer withstand so much brutal stomach punishment.

Had this fight been like in the olden times, 15 rounds, I am sure, no doubt at all, that GGG would have been stopped by the 14th.

Seeing this stuff WITHOUT THOSE BIASED COMMENTATORS SPEWING OUT STUPIDITY, makes a whole different experience. I highly advise it to everybody. Anyone with an open mind and no bias like myself, could change their minds 180 degrees like I just did, and I do apologize for my previous stupid comments saying GGG won 116-112, no way did that happen! But I am too lazy to look for my previous ridiculous posts and delete them in total shame, and besides I believe every single one has already been quoted, of course because they were sooo silly and wrong.

Cheers and peace!

whether you are correct, or not..... a super-classy post

props !!

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              He should have jumped out of the ring, I agree.

or backed up all night long..... while getting lumped up ?

and, why are we talking about Hopkins..... we should be comparing Hypekin to guys his own level..... like Lemieux

Comment

Originally posted by sterilizer View Post

one thing.....

you could be a little hard on yourself

it's not just the commentary, it is the occasion

I agree about the sound, no question..... but sometimes the occasion also plays a part..... because we are fans first and foremost, so we get caught up in it all

often watching a fight the 2nd time, it seems to unfold a little slower and you see a little more..... things that happen are not so memorable/exaggerated, and other things are magnified

anyway, props !

Comment

or backed up all night long..... while getting lumped up ?

and, why are we talking about Hopkins..... we should be comparing Hypekin to guys his own level..... like Lemieux
                  Because Hopkins run was worse than GGG's, dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                    Because Hopkins run was worse than GGG's, dummy.

only in your little fanboy mind

Hopkins did not get stripped for ducking his mandatory

Hopkins did not select Vanes lol

Hopkins did not run around for FIVE YEARS saying that he would fight "anyone from 154-168"..... but then kill three HUGE fights over weight

Hopkins did not refuse to negotiate with SUPERSTARS, even though they were favored..... but Golovkin DID refuse to negotiate with SUPERSTARS, even though he was the favorite lol

Hopkins was not scared to move up and challenge himself

you're just a bitter twisted screwed up fanboy lol

how does bashing Hopkins remove the lumps, and the egg, from Golovkin's face?

Comment

only in your little fanboy mind

Hopkins did not get stripped for ducking his mandatory

Hopkins did not select Vanes lol

Hopkins did not run around for FIVE YEARS saying that he would fight "anyone from 154-168"..... but then kill three HUGE fights over weight

Hopkins did not refuse to negotiate with SUPERSTARS, even though they were favored..... but Golovkin DID refuse to negotiate with SUPERSTARS, even though he was the favorite lol

Hopkins was not scared to move up and challenge himself

you're just a bitter twisted screwed up fanboy lol

how does bashing Hopkins remove the lumps, and the egg, from Golovkin's face?
                      No Hopkins just jumped out of the ring and fought the same cans 5 times. What a great champion. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                      X