Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to start up my own business (gardening) anyone on here do it & offer advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gennadyevich View Post
    To be honest everything you wrote is good information I'm not up to speed with the whole process I've never had a business. But im researching everything. the post below yours by rockyblower is roughly my plan just start off small doing general landscaping try to build a name for myself. Go from there but thank you very much for helping out and giving me some scope of what the process entails
    Be sure to have insurance and even if it’s a small one man company, I would still get an LLC.

Insurance and LLC will protect you so much if you ever **** anything up.

One mistake and your whole life could be altered forever with no LLC to protect you.

It only takes a few hundred bucks to start LLC, and maybe a hundred a year to renew. But then you are literally untouchable.
    If you get sued, they can only go after the LLC assets, which would basically be a shovel, maybe some soil, etc. minor shyt.. but without LLC, they can go after you personally, your car, your house, your wages, everything.

You can skip the business plan, and all that stuff, but for real, still get that LLC to protect yourself.

Good luck dude, I hope you do well

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      You don’t have to be the most expensive. But starting out as the cheapest is a bad idea. “Don’t jump over dollars to get to pennies”
      Good point and most people associate cheap with poor quality. I like that last sentence you wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Once established, bring over some illegal Mexicans and under cut all competition. Its worked for the Caucasian Americans for years.
        Hahaha I'll be up for that but how do I get em over to the UK and are they loyal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Be sure to have insurance and even if it’s a small one man company, I would still get an LLC.

One mistake and your whole life could be altered forever with no LLC to protect you.

It only takes a few hundred bucks to start LLC, and maybe a hundred a year to renew. But then you are literally untouchable.
          If you get sued, they can only go after the LLC assets, which would basically be a shovel, maybe some soil, etc. minor shyt.. but without LLC, they can go after you personally, your car, your house, your wages, everything.

You can skip the business plan, and all that stuff, but for real, still get that LLC to protect yourself.

Yeah that makes the most sense to me. Anything can happen out there I will research the info you have helpfully shared. Much appreciated and thanks again bro. I'll update this forum as and when I get off to a good start.

Comment

Also is this what you mean by LLC I'm in the UK and this is what is coming up when I typed LLC
            https://boughtbymany.com/news/articl...nsurance-cost/

Comment

Also is this what you mean by LLC I'm in the UK and this is what is coming up when I typed LLC
              Ok, didn’t realize you were UK..

But they should have something similar, UK and America are very similar when it comes to business.

Limited liability corporation... LLC

Google UK limited liability corporation

I’m sure UK has the exact same setup, just maybe called something else..

Main thing is you need to separate business from personal. One **** up, you could get wages garnished for the rest of your life with no protection. I’m sure there is a way in UK

Comment

http://www.ltdcompany.co.uk/company-...ility-company/

Link should point you in right direction, LLC for UK

Limited Liability Company (UK) Advantages
                The main advantages of a Limited Liability Company are that in the UK, Limited Liability Company (registration):
                Is a simple way to protect personal assets, unlike a Sole Trader, the Limited Liability Company does not tie your personal assets to the company. A Limited liability Company in the UK limits liability to the total value of unpaid shares.
                Is a ‘person’ with its own identity, as such a UK Limited Liability Company can open bank accounts, invest, purchase property etc. in its name as a Limited Liability Company.
                Has a standard structure that the international business community is familiar with. The Limited Liability Company is a credible and trusted business structure.
                Has an organised management structure comprising the board of directors, secretaries (optional) and shareholders who manage and own the Limited Liability Company respectively, and are a prerequisite for Limited Liability Company formation.
                Can accumulate capital quickly by issuing shares upon formation and any time after formation.
                Is a flexible structure with the potential for growth, changes can be made after Limited Liability Company registration to the company name, capital and membership.
                Has continuity and can only cease to exist if liquidated, terminated, or struck off the Register after Limited Liability incorporation.
                Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 05-25-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

First, you're gonna need a hoe.

Comment

http://www.ltdcompany.co.uk/company-...ility-company/

Link should point you in right direction, LLC for UK

Limited Liability Company (UK) Advantages
                    The main advantages of a Limited Liability Company are that in the UK, Limited Liability Company (registration):
                    Is a simple way to protect personal assets, unlike a Sole Trader, the Limited Liability Company does not tie your personal assets to the company. A Limited liability Company in the UK limits liability to the total value of unpaid shares.
                    Is a ‘person’ with its own identity, as such a UK Limited Liability Company can open bank accounts, invest, purchase property etc. in its name as a Limited Liability Company.
                    Has a standard structure that the international business community is familiar with. The Limited Liability Company is a credible and trusted business structure.
                    Has an organised management structure comprising the board of directors, secretaries (optional) and shareholders who manage and own the Limited Liability Company respectively, and are a prerequisite for Limited Liability Company formation.
                    Can accumulate capital quickly by issuing shares upon formation and any time after formation.
                    Is a flexible structure with the potential for growth, changes can be made after Limited Liability Company registration to the company name, capital and membership.
                    Has continuity and can only cease to exist if liquidated, terminated, or struck off the Register after Limited Liability incorporation.
                    Great stuff bud, I understand a hell of a lot more about this now thanks to you. Thank you for taking the time to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                      First, you're gonna need a hoe.
                      Who doesn't lol

Comment

Working...
                      X