Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: No Sour Grapes, But I'm Not Sad To See Andre Ward Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasJK View Post
    Ward knows GGG will eventually move up and challenge him
    before he retires. Getting out while the getting's good. Kovo was a hype job but ward knows GGG is the real deal.
    GGG's got Canelo problems first.

Comment

Plenty sour grapes.

Comment

He always brings it back to himself Froch, very self obsessed.

How did he also retire at the top, when he retired when Ward whom had beaten him was active and clear top guy in the division?

Comment

something tells me froch sees this man in his sleep at least once a month..get over it

Comment

Froch isn't always an easy guy to like, but I respected his courage. Ward is even harder to like, but I respected his ability and his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
              Carl Froch: "Sure, Ward's retiring undefeated, LHW Champ, Pound4Pound number one, but did he ever sell 80,000 tickets at Wembley Stadium???"
              ... now, tbh: Ward eventually managed to make about $11 million in his last 2 fights... (not a ward fan here... )

Comment

Carl should revisit his interview after his loss to Ward that night !

Carl:
                Let me remind you of your own words, "I don't see anybody beating him." Besides, do you actually believe in your wildest imagination you would have ever beaten the Krusher ?? No ****ing way mate !! You know you would have been knocked out by his difficult style and punching power! You really should just give Ward his proper respect and credit due him as a master boxer who just beat your ass when it mattered!

Comment

Once again, people are reacting to the headline rather than to the substance of the article, where Froch plainly acknowledges that Ward beat him he could barely land a glove on the guy. He's stating the obvious, not the controversial: Ward is the best at his weight in his era, but his style did not create excitement beyond boxing purists. What's salty about that? It's extremely tame for Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                    Once again, people are reacting to the headline rather than to the substance of the article, where Froch plainly acknowledges that Ward beat him he could barely land a glove on the guy. He's stating the obvious, not the controversial: Ward is the best at his weight in his era, but his style did not create excitement beyond boxing purists. What's salty about that? It's extremely tame for Froch.
                    Not exactly, there was a lot of hedging in his statements. It was clear that there's a fair amount of bitterness in his remarks. It's fair to criticize the hedging imo. Its kind of a b*tch move.

Comment

Froch was a very average boxer

Joe Cal and Degale would have destroyed him

Comment

Working...
                      X