Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Prime Lebron James be as successful in today's NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Prime Lebron James be as successful in today's NBA?

,I feel like the NBA has really changed from the days of Prime Lebron James. When Lebron was Prime, Kobe was still playing and the Spurs was #1. Those days are LONG gone. I feel like Prime Lebron will still be a good player in today's NBA but might only put up numbers of 20-5-5 compare to the 29-8-8 he put up in his era. A number of players today in my opinion would be better than Prime Lebron if Prime Lebron was playing today.

Curry
    Durant
    Westbrook
    AD
    Giannis
    Cousins
    Paul George
    Harden
    Chris Paul
    Kristiap
    Haywood

I think will all be more effective than Prime James.

This is my opinion and I know people glorify the past so don't rage at me.

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
    ,I feel like the NBA has really changed from the days of Prime Lebron James. When Lebron was Prime, Kobe was still playing and the Spurs was #1. Those days are LONG gone. I feel like Prime Lebron will still be a good player in today's NBA but might only put up numbers of 20-5-5 compare to the 29-8-8 he put up in his era. A number of players today in my opinion would be better than Prime Lebron if Prime Lebron was playing today.

Curry
    Durant
    Westbrook
    AD
    Giannis
    Cousins
    Paul George
    Harden
    Chris Paul
    Kristiap
    Haywood

Comment

Curry
      Durant
      Westbrook
      AD
      Giannis
      Cousins
      Paul George
      Harden
      Chris Paul
      Kristiap
      Haywood

Comment

Curry
        Durant
        Westbrook
        AD
        Giannis
        Cousins
        Paul George
        Harden
        Chris Paul
        Kristiap
        Haywood

What are you talking about?

Comment

Curry
          Durant
          Westbrook
          AD
          Giannis
          Cousins
          Paul George
          Harden
          Chris Paul
          Kristiap
          Haywood

You realize James is still playing, right?

Comment

OP is talking about Lebron vs this era's perimeter players/teams which are significantly better than the ones young Lebron faced in his come up. Durant, Leonard, Giannis, Westbrook, Harden, George, etc. these guys weren't in their primes when James was and now that they are a lot of them are outplaying Lebron.

Look at his old Cavs rosters, he used to be capable of leading them to 60-66 wins with a supporting cast consisting of Antawn Jamison, old Shaq, and Daniel Gibson.

Now compare that to this era where the guy is struggling to win 50 games despite playing with all stars and superstars. Irving, Love, Frye, Richard Jefferson, Thompson, Jr Smith, Shumpert, Korver, etc. that roster barely won 50 games last year. You give him his current roster in 2007 and they break 73 wins easy.

I don't think he would be as dominant in today's league and that's largely due to the NBA not just getting better but acquiring key personnel to guard him.

Take the 2007 Spurs for example, all they had to guard Lebron was Bowen and he struggled mightily. Compare that to 2017 where they now have Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Kyle Anderson.

You'll notice practically every roster has 1-2 lengthy forwards, that's because they have acquired personnel to help them combat Lebron. Lebron has actually influenced the way teams are structured to give them the best chance at countering him.

Leonard/Anderson-SA
            George/Melo-OKC
            Tatum/Hayward-BOS
            Ennis/Brooks-Mem
            Johnson/Winslow-Miami
            Johnson/Harris-DET
            Simmons/Afflalo-Orl
            Gallinari/Johnson-LAC
            Kuzma/Ingram-LAL
            Giannis/Parker-MIL
            Moute/Ariza-HOU

etc. it's practically every team in the league, many of these teams also have 2 guards that are very good defenders as well. If you look at the forwards from early Lebron's era you'll see it's very very very thin compared to what it is now.
            Last edited by Cutthroat; 11-13-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

If he's still the best player that should answer your question

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                If he's still the best player that should answer your question
                He's not though, if he was he'd be winning more than just 50 games. Leonard won 61 last year without another all star, Lebron had 3 and won 11 less.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  He's not though, if he was he'd be winning more than just 50 games. Leonard won 61 last year without another all star, Lebron had 3 and won 11 less.
                  He seems to coast through the regular season. He's made the finals like 7 years straight so he knows he doesn't have to be the one seed. But if I was going to pick another player I would probably pick kawhi he is disturbingly underrated, what he does without any help seems to go unnoticed by everyone. LeBron is starting to decline but I personally would pick him over anyone else. When he's aggressive he's in his own leauge. He's always been to passive if you ask me

Comment

Porzingis plays 10 good games and you think he's better than Lebron lol.

Lets see Porzingis hold us this stellar play for an entire season first (let alone 10+ seasons like Lebron has done) before we even mention him in the same dimension as Lebron...At the moment Porzingis can't even get Lebron coffee.....

And please Harden, Curry, Paul George, Chris Paul etc etc are way more "Flash in the pan" type of players than Lebron...Lebron has consistently been one of the top 3 players in the league for 10+ years...

Comment

Working...
                    X