Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Canelo-Khan PPV bomb now force GBP/Canelo to fight Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Do we even get accurate PPV #s anymore?

Nope unless they are over 1 million

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      Nope unless they are over 1 million
      Yeah I don't even know who to believe anymore, if the broadcaster (HBO) released the numbers officially then we'd know for sure instead of arguing over which tweets are truth or lies. This will be the norm now though cause I don't see any boxing PPV doing a mill anytime soon.

Comment

the worse it did the more likely we get the GGG fight. If canelo can't pull in great numbers now imagine how **** he will do if he is stripped of the title and seen to openly duck ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Do we even get accurate PPV #s anymore?
          No. Dan Rafael is too close to Golden Boy to trust him on this. Glaser has been right about stuff in the past, but also just seems to throw shit out there that could be a complete guess, like 20-30% below what the promoters are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by buckfangs View Post
            Golden Boy has to pay the fighters PPV percentage, so they're overypaying to save embarrasment?
            you're confusing what they tell the media and what they tell the fighter - the fighter will have to have an accurate number, but the fighter doesn't have to make it public, especially if he thinks it's embarrassing

maybe the number they told the media is true, maybe not - but they have at least some incentive to over-inflate it so that the public thinks of Canelo as a ppv attraction/star

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Yeah I don't even know who to believe anymore, if the broadcaster (HBO) released the numbers officially then we'd know for sure instead of arguing over which tweets are truth or lies. This will be the norm now though cause I don't see any boxing PPV doing a mill anytime soon.
              Maybe canelo vs ggg does over 1 million

I'm pretty sure hbo would promote that fight heavily

Comment

Canelo can't afford to vacate the title and avoid Golovkin anymore. He had that type of leverage following his Cotto PPV, he doesn't have that much anymore.

If he can only get 460K with Khan, then he's going to do even worse with whoever GBP has planned for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  You been spoiled by mayweather numbers 600k is probably going to make this the biggest number of the year unless you see a Floyd comeback or maybe Canelo v GGG
                  i haven't been spoiled by anything because i honestly can care less about someone elses money but all i ever hear is how canelo is such a star that he can fight anyone because he is such a star but those ppv numbers don't seem to back that up especially since amir is probably the biggest name he could have possibly fought and it was on the weekend of 5 de mayo

Comment

Working...
                  X