No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Malik Scott in Play For March 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    These are the fights Wilder should have been taking 10 fights ago...I mean come on, Scott is another padded-record, slick fighter who has feather fists. And now he isn't undefeated and has been stopped by Chisora, also not exactly a power puncher...this is not a dangerous fight for Wilder if he's the real deal - it will give him rounds because Scott can outbox him for periods if he keeps away from the power shots, but if Wilder is legit he should stop Scott.

Anyway...make it happen...high time to see this guy just fight someone with a pulse...
    For him this is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look at his last few fights.
    I mean jesus...his last opponent was a freaking brick layer for crying out loud!
    This is the youngest opponent he's ever fought too!

Comment

I was a little disappointed in Scott's performance against Chisora. Ok, so even if he has a padded record, it'd seem like that might be something he'd want to protect at all costs, I haven't seen that fire. Obviously the ref did his dirt in the Chisora fight, but Scott's energy was lacking building up the the stoppage. Maybe I have the wrong idea about him here..just way too pedestrian in his last two big fights for him

Wilder should be able to show some more in this fight, esp his jab, patience and . Going with a similar type of WTF stoppage as the Chisora fight, but with no shady ref

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
        For him this is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Look at his last few fights.
        I mean jesus...his last opponent was a freaking brick layer for crying out loud!
        This is the youngest opponent he's ever fought too!
        Says it all...for his 32nd fight he is fighting his youngest opponent who is 33! Not exactly old but come on! Basically he has not fought any young contenders or anyone in their general physical prime yet! Pitiful

Comment

Seems like Wilder vs. Jennings is the most logical fight to make for both guys at this point in their career. They both have been hovering over mediocrity by fighting one underwhelming fighter after another making no ground in their career.

Comment

Malik Scott won by TKO 2 tonight, in a warm-up against journeyman Grover Young.

Scott is a good opponent for Deontay, he's not easy to stop (and that early stoppage against Chisora was due to a shady referee).

Comment

Interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                These are the fights Wilder should have been taking 10 fights ago...I mean come on, Scott is another padded-record guy...slick and athletic fighter but has feather fists. And now he isn't undefeated and has been stopped by Chisora, also not exactly a power puncher...this is not a dangerous fight for Wilder if he's the real deal - it will give him rounds because Scott can outbox him for periods if he keeps away from the power shots, but if Wilder is legit he should stop Scott.

Anyway...make it happen...high time to see this guy just fight someone with a pulse...
                sounds like when vitali fought unranked byrd. what happennnnnnnned there! biggest puncher in heavyweight history got ktfo by featherfist slick fighter while trying to pad his record. guess he wasn't legit.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  sounds like when vitali fought unranked byrd. what happennnnnnnned there! biggest puncher in heavyweight history got ktfo by featherfist slick fighter while trying to pad his record. guess he wasn't legit.

Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 01-24-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Very interested to see how he deals with Scott's style.
                    i guessing he will try to get around scott's guard by throwing windmill punches, just a hunch

Comment

Wilder had 29 amateur fights. You don't put a rookie against top guys too soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X