Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs Rigondeux who will be greater? POLL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lomachenko needs to get past Salido first. You mentioned in my Loma thread that he will possibly get ruined vs Salido.

How is it possible that in your eyes Salido ruins Lomachenko yet Rigo will not?
    Seems a bit contradicting.

Comment

Rigo could move up if he wanted. floyd can go up to 154 but god forbid Rigondeaux goes up 4 lbs to 126. I think Lomachenko will have the better career because TR is backing him. Also if he beats Salido he will have a better win than anyone on Rigondeauxs resume excluding Donaire, thru 2 fights.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
        Lomachenko is already ahead of Rigo cos he fight with an exciting style throwing punches in bunches.

Rigo only wait and wait till an opponent throws and then he will counter. Also running and running to keep his distance.

Rigo running style makes him more difficult to beat but we will see how Loma does with Salido. Hopefully he can KO Siri with another body shot although I'll say that's very difficult.
        the question was not who was the more exciting fighter i swear people get good and exciting mixed up way to much

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          Lomachenko needs to get past Salido first. You mentioned in my Loma thread that he will possibly get ruined vs Salido.

How is it possible that in your eyes Salido ruins Lomachenko yet Rigo will not?
          Seems a bit contradicting.
          I think it's too early for him to fight Salido. He should take it a little slower and easier like Rigo did. A prime Salido would take Rigo out and lets be honest Rigo has pop at 122 but he's not destroying Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            I think it's too early for him to fight Salido. He should take it a little slower and easier like Rigo did. A prime Salido would take Rigo out and lets be honest Rigo has pop at 122 but he's not destroying Loma.
            Not sure about that. Gamboa was able to toy with a dangerous Salido and almost had him KO'ed in the 12th.

Pretty certain Rigo on his worst night would have his way with 'Siri'

I agree with you, it's too early for Lomachenko to fight Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              We just saw Loma debut in a fight where he looked spectacular, and now there's talks of a possible Salido fight for Jan 2014. Which would make him the champion with the least of amount of fights in history. He's already the best amateur of all time and a 2 time Olympic Gold medal winner but a feat like that would put him on the track to an ATG career.

Amateur Records:

Lomachenko: +400-1

Rigondeux: -400-12

Obviously Loma is the better amateur

In the pros it took Rigo 9 fights to become a champion against a mediocre champ like Rico Ramos. Loma might do it in 2 against Salido (who could rival Rigo's biggest win)

Of course it's still early but who do you think will be greater when it's all said and done?
              You question is loaded and you can answer it differently according to your personal agenda and personal value system.
              You said "Obviously Loma is the better amateur" I don't agree with this Rigo is a far more skilled fighter.Loma's record may APPEAR better but if you scrutanise the skill set Rigo is better.
              As far as pro career is concerned I believe Loma will have a better career because I see Arum totally getting behind him and making it happen. Rigo will not get that kind of support but if he did he would outshine Loma because he is better.
              Both are highly skilled but Rigo more so,Loma is an energy fighter and they are easier to sell than technical skill freaks.
              The bottom line IMO is Rigo is superior but Loma will have the better pro career.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                Not sure about that. Gamboa was able to toy with a dangerous Salido and almost had him KO'ed in the 12th.

Pretty certain Rigo on his worst night would have his way with 'Siri'

I agree with you, it's too early for Lomachenko to fight Salido.
                Salido dropped Gamboa though, Salido is one of those fighters that's always dangerous no matter how badly you outbox him. Mikey gave him a beating and towards the end of the fight Salido was still attacking and hurting Mikey. Salido's size and determination alone might overwhelm the smaller Rigo.

Loma might have what it takes to beat Salido but he should wait a little bit. Maybe be feed him Rico Ramos and have him destroy him worse than Rigo did

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  You question is loaded and you can answer it differently according to your personal agenda and personal value system.
                  You said "Obviously Loma is the better amateur" I don't agree with this Rigo is a far more skilled fighter.Loma's record may APPEAR better but if you scrutanise the skill set Rigo is better.
                  As far as pro career is concerned I believe Loma will have a better career because I see Arum totally getting behind him and making it happen. Rigo will not get that kind of support but if he did he would outshine Loma because he is better.
                  Both are highly skilled but Rigo more so,Loma is an energy fighter and they are easier to sell than technical skill freaks.
                  The bottom line IMO is Rigo is superior but Loma will have the better pro career.
                  I don't have an agenda

but to adress the rest of your post. No, I don't concede that Rigo is more skilled than Loma and being more skilled doesn't mean you're a greater or more accomplished boxer. Linares can have all the skill in the world but he still got sent to hell by the rouged Demarco, Loma is the better amateur. He accomplished more in lesser time and in a more impressive fashion. out of the 400 plus fights he's had he's beaten every single one of his opponents.

Comment

Working...
                  X