No announcement yet.

George Groves Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Groves Appreciation Thread

I gotta say this dude has become one of my favourite fighters of recent times

He's a joy to watch
    He always gives his best
    He has had highs and lows
    And I have no problem with saying he is one of the best British fighters of recent times

Yeah he may not be an A+ Fighter but not everybody can be

Anyway give it up for George "UglyKid" Groves

The Man Deserves some credit.....

Heal up for the final
    We are rooting for ya

I thought Grover did very well yesterday. Praise to Grover!!!

Comment

I liked grove ever since watching him roast the sht out of carl froch on this one show.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        I liked grove ever since watching him roast the sht out of carl froch on this one show.
        Exactly when I became a fan too, those pre fight shows with froch were absolute gold

Comment

Yeah

"Are you guna cry Carl? "

Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
            Exactly when I became a fan too, those pre fight shows with froch were absolute gold
            Right lol. “ are you gonna cry now Carl? Your eyes are getting watery.. oh dont look at Eddie for help cuz he cant help you “

Comment

Right lol. “ are you gonna cry now Carl? Your eyes are getting watery.. oh dont look at Eddie for help cuz he cant help you “
              Lol he was a completely different person back then, such a smart ass. Froch wouldn't know what to do with himself but get mad. Even the build up to the second fight was great, now I'm probably gonna go watch all that again

Comment

I like his infighting tactics. Makes fast good decisions and his headbutt is monstrous. Hopkins smiling guaranteed watching this guy box.

Comment

He's been underrated for years.

Would beat Zurdo too

Comment

Underrated fighter. Think he would have beaten Badou Jack at his best. That version of Groves was getting worse by the fight with Pitzpatrick and very sluggish and slow. Still, we'll never know but that was an awful version of Groves in that fight, not to take anything away from Badou Jack.

Either way, i like him. He has some good wins on his record and never ducks anybody. He was also written off by everyone a few years ago but he kept going and rebuilding. People were telling him to retire at one point.

He's a very solid world level fighter. Nowhere near elite but i think genuinely one of the best UK fighters around now. He's good to watch and has developed into a smart fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X