Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: With Andre Ward Retired, Who is The #1 P4P Fighter in The World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    it depends on the manner of loss, or win

Rigo is a lot smaller than Loma, who has mentioned fighting at lightweight

if Loma goes life and death with him, not much may change
    I don't think so. Everyone is touting Rigo as a great P4P champion. A superior boxer, who was going to school Loma before the fight was signed. Now that it is signed, I see a lot of backpedaling. Suddenly Loma is too big, Rigo too old, etc. All the talk about Loma ducking him and now the talk is, Rigo is too small for 130...when he had the opportunity to fight Loma at 126.

A draw is the only way either of them miss the #1 spot. Otherwise, winner should be sitting at the top of the heap. Especially when a win over the other is going to be bigger than any of Crawford's wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      I don't think so. Everyone is touting Rigo as a great P4P champion. A superior boxer, who was going to school Loma before the fight was signed. Now that it is signed, I see a lot of backpedaling. Suddenly Loma is too big, Rigo too old, etc. All the talk about Loma ducking him and now the talk is, Rigo is too small for 130...when he had the opportunity to fight Loma at 126.

A draw is the only way either of them miss the #1 spot. Otherwise, winner should be sitting at the top of the heap. Especially when a win over the other is going to be bigger than any of Crawford's wins.

never heard that

just the opposite is true

Rigo is the forgotten man

a number of P4P lists in this very thread do not mention him at all, and it is hard to imagine that he will be favored over Loma with the bookies

Rigo is much smaller, nobody can deny that..... so if Loma goes life and death with Rigo, there may not be much movement on knowledgeable P4P lists

it depends on what unfolds

in that situation, the winner will likely go to the top of the class, but the other guy may not drop much at all..... just like after the first Ward/Kovalev fight

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        If someone truly believes that it's too close to call and leaves it as a "tie" for the top spot, that's fine. My little issue is with the idea that the top spot can be left "vacant"... that's a silly, contrived concept.

BTW, would you say Lomachenko is the most "skilled"... if not, who's the best, based purely on skills?

And how far down the list is Loma, based on "resume"?
        Purely based on skills, my choice would be Rigondeaux, with Loma a close second. Loma definitely has the goods skills wise. Rigo seems to have more pop, and I'm not sure if I factor that into my assessment, since it doesn't really equate to skill, but I have to put it this way: I can't see Salido putting Rigo in a situation where he loses that fight...regardless of Salido not making weight...and don't see Rigo in a position where he's taking those low blows.

But resume....yea man, he doesn't have much of one. I mean he's had 10 pro fights in fairness. The ones that stand out are Salido (he was coming on strong at the end, and was fouled a lot), Walters (want to give him full credit, but honestly didn't look like the same Walters), and Gary Russel (not much of a resume himself after 29 bouts), so I'd have to say resume puts Loma pretty far down. However, we all recognize his skill set and we want to see what he does with a guy like Rigo. Especially since the Walters fight kind of left us scratching our heads.
        Last edited by travestyny; 09-27-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• head to head there isnt a man in this world with gloves on can beat joshua , and tbh the heavywieight division aint that good . so its anthony. because pound for pound is a load of bollacks' since mayweather retired besides lomanchenko no ones that good

Comment

• I like some guys here who's comments exactly fit their name
            He can not "see Salido putting Rigo in a situation.." (in the 3rd pro fight I might add).
            It's interesting if he can "see Cordoba putting Rigo in a situation..." (in the 7th pro fight).

What a travesty )

Did I mention that Loma became 2 division world champion in the 7th?

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_z View Post
              I like some guys here who's comments exactly fit their name
              He can not "see Salido putting Rigo in a situation.." (in the 3rd pro fight I might add).
              It's interesting if he can "see Cordoba putting Rigo in a situation..." (in the 7th pro fight).

What a travesty )

Did I mention that Loma became 2 division world champion in the 7th?

I agree

besides..... 1) there was a weight issue..... 2) Rigo/Loma have completely different styles, so it may have been an easier fight for Rigo at that point..... 3) Top Rank broke a "given" when they made that fight..... you do not put a rookie in there with a vet..... especially not with a TOUGH tricky vet who is right on top of his game, and who was always going to be there for 12 HARD rounds

that fight was close, Loma wins the rematch without too many problems

Loma is a phenom, Rigo is going to have his hands full

also, if Loma wins he deserves credit..... not full credit, but credit nonetheless

Comment

• There is none. It's a myth.

Comment

• Seriously, the only guy that could surpass Crawford as number 1 p4p is Rigondeaux if he beat Lomachenko. That's because he jump 2 weight class and beat another p4p contender. But if Lomachenko beat Rigondeau, even convincingly, i don't give him much credit since Ringondeaux is much smaller. Like what the fook... are you going to give number 1 spot to a guy who dont even have 10 pro fight wins? and already one loss. I mean lomachenko is really skilled, but i want to see him in many more professional fights before he gets a chance to crack number 1 p4p.

Right now it's Crawford; GGG isn't dominant anymore, if he beated convincingly Canelo, he would have earned it, but that did not happen. And even then, he still battled life and death with Jacobs, wich mean he can't even dominate one weight class. If Crawford beat Thurman or Spence at 147, than he's number one for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                  X