No announcement yet.

BOOKMARK: Loma will never be as great as TBE or Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    Who even thinks that Loma will be as great as them?
    Havent you looked at the board???

Its a joke how Loma is being hyped in the same way it was a joke when A.B was being called the fighter of the decade already before Maidana whooped his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Let's start with Mikey next fight. Loma will most probably fight Linares or someone softer at 135 instead. Crawford would be good, too, since he isn't such a big welter.

Loma, please do something great. Test your guts.
      Man I like Loma but Crawford can hurt him real bad considering the stylistic match up.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
        Who even thinks that Loma will be as great as them?

I do.

One of (if not the) greatest amateurs of all time, he has a awesome resume for so few fights, and he has plenty left in the tank to get some big names in the ring. Also, he just embarrassed one of the most skillful fighters of this generation and made him quit on his stool. Not because he was bigger and bullied him around and the power difference was too great, but because he was the more talented boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          Roy jones beat a green hopkins and a toney who had to lose a ton of weight for the fight.

You simply cant base a fighters atg standing on their boxrec. We arent that stupid that we cant take into account whether there were many great fighters around at the time ...and the manner in which a fighter gets his victories
          Then Loma gets near no credit because Rigo jumped two weight classes, career got screwed by Arum, ducked like the plague, only fought 3 times in 3 years with the last fight being 1 round only, WBA tells him he loses his belt at his weight class if he loses in a different weightclass, etc

**** can go on forever but alot of things happen almost in every big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
            I do.

One of (if not the) greatest amateurs of all time, he has a awesome resume for so few fights, and he has plenty left in the tank to get some big names in the ring. Also, he just embarrassed one of the most skillful fighters of this generation and made him quit on his stool. Not because he was bigger and bullied him around and the power difference was too great, but because he was the more talented boxer.
            Skills dont make up for resume and THEY NEVER WILL.

TBE arguably the greatest skilled fighter of all time NO WAY NO HOW is he more accomplished than Leonard, Duran, Pacquiao, etc.

He is not on the higher ATG list than those names just because he is more skilled than them.

Pacquiao isnt all that skilled anyway dude was just 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 forever but his speed and power allowed him to beat some of the best fighters of his era.

Rigo as skilled as he is only has the Donaire win which is great but THATS IT.

Again SKILLS WILL NEVER MAKE UP FOR RESUME. NEVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Man I like Loma but Crawford can hurt him real bad considering the stylistic match up.
              He needs the challenge. He wants to fight bigger guys. He said so himself. Let's do it at the elite level, fight Crawford. [I know Arum is laughing at me!]

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_Degrelle View Post
                Skills dont make up for resume and THEY NEVER WILL.

TBE arguably the greatest skilled fighter of all time NO WAY NO HOW is he more accomplished than Leonard, Duran, Pacquiao, etc.

He is not on the higher ATG list than those names just because he is more skilled than them.

Pacquiao isnt all that skilled anyway dude was just 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 forever but his speed and power allowed him to beat some of the best fighters of his era.

Rigo as skilled as he is only has the Donaire win which is great but THATS IT.

Again SKILLS WILL NEVER MAKE UP FOR RESUME. NEVER.
                Another salty seaman..

Look dude, I never said he was on their level now, but all things considered he has the potential to end up at that level.

His first pro fight was against a guy who was 25-3, he won a title in his third fight against an undefeated champion. He has exactly one opponent (Salido) with more than five losses.
                His last four opponents have quit (the greatest sin a boxer can commit) not because they were hurt or dazed and couldn't continue, but because they were being humiliated.

He has 5 or 6 years of prime left to fight the best guys who will get in the ring with him, and if he plays his cards right, yes he can end up as an ATG.

Besides, in this day and age, with network wars and promoters refusing to do business with each other, resumes are starting to mean less and less.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                  Another salty seaman..

Look dude, I never said he was on their level now, but all things considered he has the potential to end up at that level.

His first pro fight was against a guy who was 25-3, he won a title in his third fight against an undefeated champion. He has exactly one opponent (Salido) with more than five losses.

He has 5 or 6 years of prime left to fight the best guys who will get in the ring with him, and if he plays his cards right, yes he can end up as an ATG.

Besides, in this day and age, with network wars and promoters refusing to do business with each other, resumes are starting to mean less and less.
                  BUT WHO DID HE BEAT???

A.B is the youngest 4 division 4 time champion but get real.

Real boxing fans know thats a hollow record and who the da faq did A.B beat to get those titles in 4 weight classes???

LMAO Loma going to be an ATG with 0 beaten HOF's.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    But unlike Pacquiao he's not equipped to fight much bigger men. Prime Pacquiao can clean the whole welterweight division with ease but has it more on Pacquiao's ability to destroy opponents. While Loma would have to dance at every opportunity to get to the final Bell.
                    He could do that though thats the point. He could just outwork and outbox everyone. I believe he would beat a guy like DSG pretty easily. And hes small but hes actually not THAT small i could actually see him having success at 147 just based on how skilled he is.

Comment

Loma is better boxer than overrated Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X