Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a legitimate notion in the GGG that he can't win on decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight is in Las Vegas, Canelo brings a lot of business(millions) to LV twice a year, there is no way that GGG will get a close decision.

Comment

I think the "judge" edge if there is such a thing is with Canelo. I never buy the "can't win a decision" bs cuz I definitely don't believe that is ever true in a corruption sorta way, its usually cuz you fight in a way that isn't likely to win you a decision fairly either.

But I thought Khan was doing great vs Canelo & winning the fight previous to his KO L, meanwhile 2 judges had Canelo winning & one had Canelo winning 5-1. Most people thought the Cotto fight was closer (11-1, 10-2 according to 2 judges) then the judges had it. I had Lara beating Canelo, but it was a close fight yet one judge had it 9-3 Canelo. Most people saw Canelo get schooled by Floyd, but one judge had it 6-6. And the Trout fight was a competitive fight to yet one judge had that 10-2. There is a clear edge Canelo has had with judges that seems to go above & beyond normal expectations of sketchy judging to me.

So yea GGG should be trying to KO Canelo vs leaving it to the judges who based on past fights seem to have a strong lean towards Canelo for whatever reason you wanna come up with legit or not legit.

Comment

It's just meaningless talk with no effect on anything. GGG will most likely fight a smart fight without fighting differently than usual to ensure a KO win. GGG always goes for a KO anyway. The judges will score the fight anyway they chose and only they know if they will be fair or not. Many posters on here think GGG must score a KO win and cannot win on points and they have said so. I think GGG can win on points and the judges aren't bought and payed for but I don't know that for a certain. History has shown the judges to be generous toward Canelo in scoring his fights as a rule but not always. One judge voted Lara the winner in a fight I thought Canelo deserved to win.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          You's was saying before he knocks everybody out all the way upto light heavyweight. Now all of a sudden you're worried about a guy whose never fought at the weight?
          Hold on, didn't he just fight ABOVE the weight? Or does that not count for the sake of your stupid argument ?

Comment

Idk let's see... Draw vs Mayweather when Canelo won maybe 1 round.... Open scoring against Trout had him up like 7-1 or 8-0 vs Trout when the fight was WAYYYYY closer than that... And if I remember correctly they had him up like 118-111 vs Lara in a fight that could have went either way. Hell, even the Cotto fight he had wide scorecards and that fight wasn't the blowout it was scored... GGG has been in 1 close fight and the judges scored it close 115-113 3 ways... So you decide if Canelo seems to have an edge scoring wise from these blind judges

Comment

BBB siders getting all their excuses ready for an "I told you so" after the fight.
              A few months ago the were saying Canelo won't last 5 rounds with BBB side.
              Now BBB side is too old and the judges are corrupt.
              BBB side fights two guys with a pulse that aren't on house arrest and suddenly he aged 10 years over night and the man is holding him down. You guys are too funny.

Comment

Oscar is the only reason it's sketch if it goes to the cards we have seen a lot of foockery from judges on his big fight cards. With all that said I don't see this fight going to the cards at all , ggg is looking for the KO and canelo can't move like Jacobs did.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
                  Lol
                  I wouldn't call him an elite boxer but I would say that he can box. He has that Eastern European fundamental style. To me he's like a limited Pirog. Pirog has one shot power. Golovkin doesn't. He has thudding power that gets you over time.

He does a few boxing things well.

1. Jabs to make the opponent move their feet
                  2. He can do leaping hooks and rights, and punch where the opponents going to go. He's good at hitting a target when the opponent tries to use footwork

Things I think he does bad
                  1. Can't hit when there's a lot of head movement
                  2. He doesn't box to keep create oppurnities, he waits until opponent looses focus
                  3. won't takes risks. Ussually picks safest punch(jab)
                  4 hasn't fought many guys that can throw a straight punch
                  He has a strong jab, power in his punch & he pressures that's it. Everything else goes out the window. I gave the fight to nelo by one round. If they rematch my pick will remain the same, nelo wins on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    GGG folding that WW up as he smacks him all over the ring en route to a 5thround TKO.

GGG after the Jacobs fight:

Jacobs after the fight:

Why the need for the glasses, it dark?

JAcobs got out landed by about 70 shots total, out jabbed by almost 100 jabs; knocked down. The stats don't support your case.
                    Funny that it was a welterweight but he couldn't do that to Jacobs or nelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                      He clearly outboxed the guy who was constantly moving, Ggg clearly won 8 to 9 rounds.
                      Considering that Jacobs didn't even bother to stop throwing arm punches...
                      lil g just lost again....lol....two in a row now...Smh

Comment

Working...
                      X