Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Golovkin fight Charlo next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97G is going to duck Charlo the same way he ducked Derevyanchenko. Funny how he wasted his prime years *****ing about everyone ducking him, now these young lions got him running scared and making business decisions. 97G went from hero to hypocrite real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Nope.. he is gonna go fight Murata in Japan for big $$$$
      Or he will go to the UK and fight Saunders if he beats Andrade.
      I'm gonna guess Canelo also drops the belt when the time is due to fight Charlo, and fights GGG again instead for big $$$...

There is way too much money involved in other fights to take a $ 2 million fight against Charlo if you're Ggg. If you're Canelo, obviously the GGG fight is massive money but he gets paid handsomely anyway I'm guessing no matter who he chooses.
      So you're saying GGG is going to act more like a businessman and not an idol of boxing?

Comment

No, what does he have left to prove against a young hungry lion like Jermall Charlo? Unlike, Canelo he doesn't bring any new meat to the seats. He doesn't bring much of a fan base or a following. He is an unknown among casual fans.

GGG is too old for this shit! He might as well just retire if he can't get the immediate rematch with Canelo because then why stay around the sport much longer just to be a gatekeeper?

Comment

No, he won't. He just made $30M+ against Canelo, now he's asked to fight for probably $3M against a young fighter in his prime for a chance to fight Canelo again?

I've said that I believe, win or lose, Golovkin would retire following the Canelo fight. I'm going to stick by that. Unless someone is going to offer him a deal comparable to the Canelo deal and I don't see that happening..

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            So you're saying GGG is going to act more like a businessman and not an idol of boxing?
            He's gonna be 37 , he probably has about 2-3 fights left.. what the fk do you even care what he does? Does it have any effect on your life whatsoever?

I would get as much money as I could in my last few fights and be out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              He's gonna be 37 , he probably has about 2-3 fights left.. what the fk do you even care what he does? Does it have any effect on your life whatsoever?

I would get as much money as I could in my last few fights and be out.
              As a fan all I care about is watching the best fight the best. So I want GGG to fight Charlo next.

But Golovkin expressed his disdain for "businessmen."
              Wouldn't it make him a hypocrite to now be acting like one?

Golovkin on Canelo: He is Businessman, Not Idol of Boxing
              https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...boxing--103687

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                As a fan all I care about is watching the best fight the best. So I want GGG to fight Charlo next.

But Golovkin expressed his disdain for "businessmen."
                Wouldn't it make him a hypocrite to now be acting like one?

Golovkin on Canelo: He is Businessman, Not Idol of Boxing
                https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...boxing--103687
                I wanna see the fight too but I'm not gonna hate on a 37 year old guy that hasn't had many pay days go after a couple more before he retires.

I'd love for him to fight Charlo but I'm being realistic and thinking it's not gonna happen

Comment

I don't really see it. Not sure charlo is the right risk/reward ratio for this point in his career. There's no belt to be had and it won't be a big payday. He'll probably fight that Japanese guy and maybe line himself up for the bjs/andrade winner or jacobs/derev winner. His main focus has to be the Canelo rematch at some point, so you never know. Charlo would be the quickest route to Canelo, unless the wbc decides to change their mind again.

Comment

He a scurred bum so no...

Comment

If Murata is an option and he does good money/numbers over there like they say, I think that's a realistic chance.

I think Canelo wants a 3rd fight. So Murata, Canelo then retirement?

I know they ordered Charlo/GGG for the right to face Canelo. But when it comes down to it i think Canelo will fight who he chooses, and Sulaiman won't want to fall out of favour with him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X