Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spain look like the best team so far imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy Mashdown View Post
      Spain look like the best team so far imo.
      I think so.

Cut out those keeper mistakes and whatnot that won't happen every game and they played some great football.

"punch him? i can't even make a fist"

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        If there ever was a reason to not have video review.

It is this Sweden and Korea game.

Stopped the play on a Korean counter attack, in the final 3rd to look at a replay and award Sweden a penalty kick.

What. The. Actual. Fock
        That counter attack would not have happened if the original penalty was given. So no problem there.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          That counter attack would not have happened if the original penalty was given. So no problem there.
          What if they had concluded it was not a penalty? You have just robbed S.Korea of a possible goal scoring opportunity.

I thought the refs were only supposed to stop the game for a review if it was at a neutral point. Either the system is wrong or the ref was.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            I think so.

Cut out those keeper mistakes and whatnot that won't happen every game and they played some great football.

"punch him? i can't even make a fist"
            ''nice packet of crunchy nut you got here, pretty expensive as i recall''

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              What if they had concluded it was not a penalty? You have just robbed S.Korea of a possible goal scoring opportunity.

I thought the refs were only supposed to stop the game for a review if it was at a neutral point. Either the system is wrong or the ref was.
              Good point. Things still need to be ironed out but I hope the technology is here to stay.

Comment

• So far I've been really impressed by the play of Spain and Mexico. Germany is great as always, and will surely advance pass the group. Looking forward to Belgium and England play.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  So far I've been really impressed by the play of Spain and Mexico. Germany is great as always, and will surely advance pass the group. Looking forward to Belgium and England play.
                  Yes spain do good score-goals. The way they hit the soccer ball in the back of the goal sack is very pleasing.

Comment

• I can save you wankmen some time and suffering and tell you exactly how England's World Cup is going to go.

They'll come out inspired today, look great, put 2 or 3 goals on Tunisia in a beat-down and have people celebrating like they just beat Brazil and Spain on the same night. Then they'll lay an absolute egg in a terrible performance and draw against Panama. They'll bounce back and actually out-play Belgium most of the game, but be unable to score despite a multitude of chances, then give up a late goal to lose. They'll still back into the Round of 16 with 4 points then score in the first 10 minutes to take a lead against Colombia and have all the pasty, Englishmen at the game going nuts, only to have their hearts ripped out when Colombia comes back to win 2-1 and a chance to tie is blown when Rashford misses a wide open shot in front of the net in the 89th minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      Yes spain do good score-goals. The way they hit the soccer ball in the back of the goal sack is very pleasing.
                      LMAOOOOOOOOOO brilliant post

Are we beating the Tunisians tonight or not?

Comment

Working...
                      X