Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner SNAPS! SAYS **** HIS KIDS! EVERYBODY WILL DIE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    they guy is a pro boxer and has fought punchers. thousands of rounds of sparring, hundreds of rounds against pros with tiny little gloves on. you can't separate his idiocy from head trauma.

yeah, he may very well have been an idiot anyway, but you cannot separate his behavior at this stage from the head trauma he sustained for our entertainment. something to think about. not an excuse, but a reality. these guys damage the parts of their brain that regulate mood swings, violent behavior, etc.
    Do you think he was a eubank snr esque well spoken gentleman before he got punched in the head?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Do you think he was a eubank snr esque well spoken gentleman before he got punched in the head?

no, i doubt he was ever particularly bright. but the guy has taken punishment to key parts of his brain for our entertainment. i don't think a lot of people on this forum really understand that or appreciate what it can do to you. especially if you're an idiot or already have a propensity toward getting violent, which broner clearly does.

Comment

The story doesn't end well for Broner. This guy will either end up in prison or twisting his shower curtain into a rope and tweeting out his last words.

Comment

no, i doubt he was ever particularly bright. but the guy has taken punishment to key parts of his brain for our entertainment. i don't think a lot of people on this forum really understand that or appreciate what it can do to you. especially if you're an idiot or already have a propensity toward getting violent, which broner clearly does.
          dunno sounds like excuses to me, for example the guy i mentioned has been in some of the most brutal wars and taken some of the most punishment out of anybody in the sport in the past 20+ years, yet he is a respectable, well spoken member of society, as he probably always aspired to be.

Broner aspired to be a streetrat thug idiot dickhead and guess what, thats what he is.

And don't make out Broner has been in countless wars either, hes been in a COUPLE of tough fights. Most of his career he's been beating up smaller guys from lower divisions.

Comment

i'm a broner fanboy?

i picture the teeth of anybody who has ever said the word "arse" pointing in completely incoherent directions. so you're off to a good start with me
            Yeah well uncle Tom I'm from the the UK we don't say ass. And I imagine you look like a hairy big sasquatch. But it's not the end of the world go and wash your vagina and chillout

Comment

I wonder what would happen if you put him in a room with Jermain Taylor?

Comment

Shades of Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  dunno sounds like excuses to me, for example the guy i mentioned has been in some of the most brutal wars and taken some of the most punishment out of anybody in the sport in the past 20+ years, yet he is a respectable, well spoken member of society, as he probably always aspired to be.

Broner aspired to be a streetrat thug idiot dickhead and guess what, thats what he is.

And don't make out Broner has been in countless wars either, hes been in a COUPLE of tough fights. Most of his career he's been beating up smaller guys from lower divisions.

he had over 300 amateur fights, dude.

what i'm saying is that you cannot discount the punishment his brain has taken and the affect it has on particuly his abiliyt to control the way his emotions swing and how impulsive he is. this is pretty well studied at this stage, and certainly supported with anecdotes about boxers and athletes. add in drugs, which think it's obvious that the guy takes, and drinking, and i'd bet a week's worth of pay that you'll find measurable damage in his brain.

now, am i excusing his behavior? maybe. but again, the guy took damage to the brain when he was young to get good at boxing, and then he took damage to his brain as a pro literally to entertain me. and as i get older i'm starting to recognize that i'm partially responsible for the health problems these guys develop later in life.

did i make him rob an old lady or punch a random dude in the street? no. and i don't condone that ****. but i did watch and enjoy seeing him get the hell beat out of him by marcos maidana, which contributed to his impulsiveness and inablity to control himself. and i recognize what that does to a brain and that it contributes to impulsive and violent behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
                    Yeah well uncle Tom I'm from the the UK we don't say ass. And I imagine you look like a hairy big sasquatch. But it's not the end of the world go and wash your vagina and chillout

uncle tom . you gettin racist now dog?

"be easy on me bro, i didn't mean it! chill out!"

Comment

he had over 300 amateur fights, dude.

what i'm saying is that you cannot discount the punishment his brain has taken and the affect it has on particuly his abiliyt to control the way his emotions swing and how impulsive he is. this is pretty well studied at this stage, and certainly supported with anecdotes about boxers and athletes. add in drugs, which think it's obvious that the guy takes, and drinking, and i'd bet a week's worth of pay that you'll find measurable damage in his brain.

now, am i excusing his behavior? maybe. but again, the guy took damage to the brain when he was young to get good at boxing, and then he took damage to his brain as a pro literally to entertain me. and as i get older i'm starting to recognize that i'm partially responsible for the health problems these guys develop later in life.

did i make him rob an old lady or punch a random dude in the street? no. and i don't condone that ****. but i did watch and enjoy seeing him get the hell beat out of him by marcos maidana, which contributed to his impulsiveness and inablity to control himself. and i recognize what that does to a brain and that it contributes to impulsive and violent behavior.
                      he had 300 amateur fights with head gear, bigger gloves and basically fencing rules. The brain injuries would have come from his pro fights. Sugar Ray (Leonard) had 150 amateur fights and 40 pro fights, and he's a soft spoken gentlemen. I don't remember hearing Archie Moore being a thug, and he had over 200 PRO fights.

Lots of guys have a boatload of fights under their belts, and they don't go around assaulting strangers and then bragging about it and beating the case after.

Comment

Working...
                      X