Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 09-09-2018, 03:50 PM #21
Contender

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Vae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,005,270.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Yea I've seen this first hand. I lived in a city coming up that had a strong wrestling background at the elementary, jr hs & hs level. There a bunch of ~5ft6 men in that city that were weight cutting in their pre-puberty & puberty years. I don't think those cats realized that likely stunted their growth & perhaps did other less obvious things to their bodies.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Kids were fainting at practice because they dehydrated too much (wearing a rubberized sweatsuit for too long and no water during practice). Not all the time, but often enough that coaches knew it and still allowed it to continue.
Vae Victis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-09-2018, 04:13 PM #22
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 15526 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 91,792,608,754,115,262,021,632.00
Total Points: 92,581,311,264,544,557,891,584.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vae Victis View Post
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Kids were fainting at practice because they dehydrated too much (wearing a rubberized sweatsuit for too long and no water during practice). Not all the time, but often enough that coaches knew it and still allowed it to continue.
Yea that stuff is insane & a whole other thing as I see it. Its dangerous for adults to cut weight, but it can be life & body altering to do it as a child.

I seen kids "eating" ice chips for lunch at school for days before a meet or tournament. Kids can't be ecpected to know better, but if you were an adult in this world you had to sense this stuff didn't make much sense. I was glad to hear they have improved this craziness in recent years.

Boxing needs to get on this trend at the junior & open amateur levels & professional levels, but knowing boxings slow to adapt status it might be a decade or two away.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:47 PM #23
Contender

Vae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the roughVae Victis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Yea that stuff is insane & a whole other thing as I see it. Its dangerous for adults to cut weight, but it can be life & body altering to do it as a child.

I seen kids "eating" ice chips for lunch at school for days before a meet or tournament. Kids can't be ecpected to know better, but if you were an adult in this world you had to sense this stuff didn't make much sense. I was glad to hear they have improved this craziness in recent years.

Boxing needs to get on this trend at the junior & open amateur levels & professional levels, but knowing boxings slow to adapt status it might be a decade or two away.
Yup. Boxing has to straighten this out; however, I'll be the first to say that I don't know how it could be achieved (at least on all levels it seems to be too great a task to accomplish).
Old 09-09-2018, 07:00 PM #24
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 15526 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 91,792,608,754,115,262,021,632.00
Total Points: 92,581,311,264,544,557,891,584.00
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vae Victis View Post
Yup. Boxing has to straighten this out; however, I'll be the first to say that I don't know how it could be achieved (at least on all levels it seems to be too great a task to accomplish).
I think its debatable the best way to go about it, but I think defining it for fighters out of the gate upon receiving a license is key.

What sorta hybrid BMI type thing you use to come up with acceptable weights for people/body types is a whole debate in itself. But those urine gravity tests seem to be a good method to test dehydration so you can tell who's using tactics to get to a lower weight to an unhealthy degree. Not sure if there are ways around that, but they likely will be if it became a thing, but I think you could counter act that, at least at the highest levels of pro boxing with doing random weigh ins when you do random drug testing which I think almost all the ABC groups are doing now for all their ranked fighters.

Would obviously be harder to take this to the lower levels if you are doing random weigh ins, but I think doing those urine gravity tests at an event could be used to okay or not okay fighters at all levels to fight.

Its definitely a topic I'm highly interested in & am still learning about & open to differing opinions & thought processes on, but I do believe there are ways today as we speak to end the weight cutting in boxing if they wanted to. I think its a bridge to far for boxings power brokers today with how they tend to operate. They are always several steps behind on what they should be doing cuz boxing is so divided at all levels. But if they wanted to they could.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:15 PM #25
Contender

"They are always several steps behind on what they should be doing cuz boxing is so divided at all levels. But if they wanted to they could." This sums it up. It's almost as if they believe they are safe doing nothing (until Congress decides to treat weight cutting as they've treated the opiate crisis).
Old 09-09-2018, 07:59 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 81,850,165.30
Total Points: 100,800,900,711,705,664.00
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt Keep defending the word, Brother! - StarshipTrooper 
Bob Arum dollas... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Great post, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 

Respect to T-Wood.
Thraxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:10 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1692 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,390,053,142,548,511.00
Total Points: 3,390,053,142,590,186.00
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

People need to understand Woodley is no joke!
man down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:41 PM #28
I wanna tear you apart!

Quoted: 1841 Post(s)
Dontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 169,661.01
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,206,655.62
troll - !nternation you're a fool - !nternation fool - !nternation moron - !nternation idiot - !nternation 
silly boy - !nternation what a fool you are - !nternation just another reminder you are an idiot - !nternation stick it up your ass - !nternation what a moron - !nternation 
No Message - !nternation Count them Benjamin... - Tony Trick-Pony Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You're an idiot - %100 
Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You look like the fag that you are - %100 Our common enemy- %100 aka Lester.  LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 

Called it.

Tyron Woodley clearly has that division on lockdown, most his haters came from Lawler nutt-huggers and then the people who bought into the Wonderboy hype (guy is legit tbf).

Even the RDA hype got settled by Covington, and that one didn't surprise me either. MMA fans don't know fucc all about fighting OR boxing. Say what you want about boxing fans but at least the hardcores know what they are talking about and know what they are seeing, in MMA a guy gets a couple wins and is the new hot shyt.

Not one of them could tell me what Till does exceptionally well - he is a counterpuncher that doesn't have amazing speed, distance control, boxing skills / technical ability or reactions - he is just a big guy with decent punch power, hardly this once in a generation fighter his fans were making him out to be.

Woodley, whether entertaining or not is irrelevant - no-one is going to out-wrestle him and no striker is so good that they can fight him without being hit back, and much harder to boot.

Woodley just needs to face Covington, Usman and maybe RDA and he has cleared out the divison - and he beats all three of those guys. No division has a clearer dominant champion, not even 145 with the extremely talented Holloway, who has to pass his test with Ortega who brings something new
Dontae She'marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:44 PM #29
I wanna tear you apart!

Quoted: 1841 Post(s)
Dontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond reputeDontae She'marc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 169,661.01
Total Points: 1,000,000,000,206,655.62
troll - !nternation you're a fool - !nternation fool - !nternation moron - !nternation idiot - !nternation 
silly boy - !nternation what a fool you are - !nternation just another reminder you are an idiot - !nternation stick it up your ass - !nternation what a moron - !nternation 
No Message - !nternation Count them Benjamin... - Tony Trick-Pony Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You're an idiot - %100 
Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You look like the fag that you are - %100 Our common enemy- %100 aka Lester.  LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Also, I'm so glad that guy got beat, I never liked him or his fans. Till can't start or finish a sentence with at least 10 'f' words and 5 'c' words, and he talks about being the best fighter ever while also bragging about how much bigger he is than the guys he is facing.

The guy is the worst weigh-drainer in the UFC bar none. Move up to MW and make your case there, any longer at WW and you are just further embarrassing yourself. You will never beat Woodley
Dontae She'marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 12:07 AM #30
Zombie Taylor

Quoted: 1633 Post(s)
dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,272,318,117,323,933,279,584,256.00
Total Points: 1,272,320,036,703,888,971,137,024.00
you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth 
ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland 
Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden thanks for the help - KO MX lol - -jose- Merry Xmas m8,i hope it's a good one but more importantly a safe one Dan - HughJass 
Merry Christmas, fellow Rigotard. - Sweet Pea 50 Happy New Year Dan m8 - HughJass :) - Salim_Shady Cheers! - Tyler_Durden :beerchug: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
Called it.

Tyron Woodley clearly has that division on lockdown, most his haters came from Lawler nutt-huggers and then the people who bought into the Wonderboy hype (guy is legit tbf).

Even the RDA hype got settled by Covington, and that one didn't surprise me either. MMA fans don't know fucc all about fighting OR boxing. Say what you want about boxing fans but at least the hardcores know what they are talking about and know what they are seeing, in MMA a guy gets a couple wins and is the new hot shyt.

Not one of them could tell me what Till does exceptionally well - he is a counterpuncher that doesn't have amazing speed, distance control, boxing skills / technical ability or reactions - he is just a big guy with decent punch power, hardly this once in a generation fighter his fans were making him out to be.

Woodley, whether entertaining or not is irrelevant - no-one is going to out-wrestle him and no striker is so good that they can fight him without being hit back, and much harder to boot.

Woodley just needs to face Covington, Usman and maybe RDA and he has cleared out the divison - and he beats all three of those guys. No division has a clearer dominant champion, not even 145 with the extremely talented Holloway, who has to pass his test with Ortega who brings something new

Gotta agree with this.
Great white hype in all honesty.
Even his striking is far from impressive. The UFC sure know how too sell a fighter and UFC fans lap it up everytime.

I don't see him fairing well at all if he moves up, he won't have a 20lb advantage and the division is a shark tank. He'll get destroyed at 185.
dan_cov is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
darren, retains, rolls, till, title, tyron, woodley

User Tag List