Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of people dismissing vanes's chances. There are a few things to consider.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people dismissing vanes's chances. There are a few things to consider.

Firstly thanks too martirosyan we get too see GGG back in action sooner rather then later.

I'm not overly keen on the match up but it's a stay busy move on to the next type of fight.

One thing being overlooked is this, its redemption for vanes regardless of the conditions the lack of prep etc I've never seen him get outclassed and he's always put in a good effort in losing close fights.

This is another shot on the big stage with a large audience. Golovkins not prepared for his style his looks. So it could be uncomfortable for him early on don't expect a starching.

Regardless of the 2 year inactivity that could be seen as recuperation and recovery if vanes has been training frequently enough the rust shouldn't be too apparent.

I'm not expecting the greatest battle ever seen but as a honest fan of golovkin. If he can struggle with kassim ouma and Martin Murray went 11 rounds with him I see no reason why vanes can't cause some trouble technically he hasn't got the power to hurt GGG but can stifle his offense and move away from the left hook.

Ggg turned 36 last week his hand speed and foot speed isn't getting better or faster whereas vanes is 31 had a rest for 2 years and will be well up for the task.

I predict this fight going two ways. Either Ggg comes out in destroyer mode see round 2 of the Brook fight.
    Ensuring interest is at a peak for canelo rematch.

Or this will be similar to the lemiuex fight a methodical breakdown working off the jab and taking vanes out with a well placed bodyshot between round 6 - 10 although expect vanes to cause some problems here and there.

Bit of a essay but thanks for taking the time too read it. Feel free to share any predictions or opinions.
    Last edited by PsychoPat; 04-18-2018, 05:39 PM.

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
    Firstly thanks too martirosyan we get too see GGG back in action sooner rather then later.

I'm not overly keen on the match up but it's a stay busy move on to the next type of fight.

One thing being overlooked is this, its redemption for vanes regardless of the conditions the lack of prep etc I've never seen him get outclassed and he's always put in a good effort in losing close fights.

This is another shot on the big stage with a large audience. Golovkins not prepared for his style his looks. So it could be uncomfortable for him early on don't expect a starching.

Regardless of the 2 year inactivity that could be seen as recuperation and recovery if vanes has been training frequently enough the rust shouldn't be too apparent.

I'm not expecting the greatest battle ever seen but as a honest fan of golovkin. If he can struggle with ouma and Martin Murray went 11 rounds with him I see no reason why vanes can't cause some trouble technically he hasn't got the power to hurt GGG but can stifle his offense and move away from the left hook.

Ggg turn 36 last week his hand speed and foot speed isn't getting better or faster whereas vanes is 31 had a rest for 2 years and will be well up for the task.

I predict this fight going two ways. Either Ggg comes out in destroyer mode see round 2 of the Brook fight.
    Ensuring interest is at a peak for canelo rematch.

Or this will be similar to the lemiuex fight a methodical breakdown working off the jab and taking vanes out with a well placed bodyshot between round 6 - 10 although expect vanes to cause some problems here and there.

Bit of a essay but thanks for taking the time too read it. Feel free to share any predictions or opinions.
    If vanes had a chance to win he wouldn’t have been chosen.

Comment

Hey, as an avid boxing if there is anything I learned most is that boxing is the theater of the unexpected.

Now though I am not a fan of Vanes I am happy he's getting a much needed payday. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        If vanes had a chance to win he wouldn’t have been chosen.
        Hey these things can happen herrera was a cherry pick for Danny Garcia we all see him unofficially lose that fight bro.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          Hey, as an avid boxing if there is anything I learned most is that boxing is the theater of the unexpected.

Now though I am not a fan of Vanes I am happy he's getting a much needed payday. I wish him well.
          Only takes one punch in boxing too change a fight although vanes will probably not chincheck GGG. You are right though always expect the unexpected that's a good way to view life too.

I wish vanes well too hopefully he gets paid well for his effort and not to hurt.

Comment

Vanes is a decent opponent given the circumstances, a hell lot better than Spike O Sullivan. He did knock Andrade down and get a draw with Lara so hes a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Vanes is a decent opponent given the circumstances, a hell lot better than Spike O Sullivan. He did knock Andrade down and get a draw with Lara so hes a good fighter
              I agree bro, a lot better choice then spike or mungia. I'd say considering the timeframe it's a good opponent better then most stand ins

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
                Hey these things can happen herrera was a cherry pick for Danny Garcia we all see him unofficially lose that fight bro.
                The vast majority of GGGs career has been built on this premise now at his age he still fighting ordinary B level guys, he only has 3 top MWS and 1 WW in his whole career.

He should be fighting nothing but the very top guys at this stage of the game , he was preparing for Canelo which guarantees he will be in his best shape while the sub par guy takes it on short notice .

GGG should be fighting one of the three that has already beat Vanes, they all wanted to fight him.

Comment

Ant eater vanes won't win 10 seconds of the fight. I expect him to get brutally stopped

Comment

Vanes is a very good fighter. He says he was unable to get fights these past two years but he has never stopped training. He says he will be in top condition and expects to win. Vanes comes to fight. He doesn't run. I think the fight will be an exciting if one sided war and GGG will knock him out within 4 rounds. He could end it in rounds 1 or 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X