Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Golovkin, Spence, Crawford, Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Golovkin, Spence, Crawford, Khan

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the rematch between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin, Errol Spence, Yordenis Ugas, Danny Garcia, the career of Amir Khan, Terence Crawford and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You know it's a good fight when Bread cant call a winner

Comment

It's hard to argue with Bread's take on things. I rarely agree with everything "experts" have to say, but almost always agree with what he says. Excellent read.

He is right about Canelo fighting mad, and I think that will be his demise. Sanchez and GGG have got into his head. He needs to switch to "moving" if he wants to see the final bell. I think the first few rounds are going to be action packed.

If Canelo moves well and ups his punch output, GGG will need a KO to get the win.

Comment

He didn't address Khan's constantly fouling. He fouled egregiously against Collazo, Judah, Alexander, and Peterson. He held on for dear life against Maidana. I don't think the ref warned him once except in the Peterson fight and everyone blamed the ref.

I think Canelo can do more to win the fight this time around than Golovkin. If Golovkin fights more aggressive (which is his only option) there's a good chance he gets caught. Canelo only needs to up his fight output to win the fight. I'm convinced that Golovkin won't be able to hurt him. In fact I saw Canelo hurt him more in the first fight even though I thought Golovkin won.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
          It's hard to argue with Bread's take on things. I rarely agree with everything "experts" have to say, but almost always agree with what he says. Excellent read.

He is right about Canelo fighting mad, and I think that will be his demise. Sanchez and GGG have got into his head. He needs to switch to "moving" if he wants to see the final bell. I think the first few rounds are going to be action packed.

If Canelo moves well and ups his punch output, GGG will need a KO to get the win.
          Agree, even the times I don't fully agree with Bread, his conclusions are objective and highly reasonable. Very different to talking to some posters here.

He knows way more than me, so when I do disagree it doesn't have anything to do with the strategic and tactical side of boxing. I usually just read and learn when he starts breaking things down the way I've only seen him do.
          Last edited by Zaryu; 09-15-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Bread if you want to bet on the fight just take the over.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
              He didn't address Khan's constantly fouling. He fouled egregiously against Collazo, Judah, Alexander, and Peterson. He held on for dear life against Maidana. I don't think the ref warned him once except in the Peterson fight and everyone blamed the ref.

I think Canelo can do more to win the fight this time around than Golovkin. If Golovkin fights more aggressive (which is his only option) there's a good chance he gets caught. Canelo only needs to up his fight output to win the fight. I'm convinced that Golovkin won't be able to hurt him. In fact I saw Canelo hurt him more in the first fight even though I thought Golovkin won.
              Khan is a very dirty fighter due in part to the fact he's pretty clueless inside as mentioned. Then he does all the pushing etc. I can't believe that Khan was actually so bad against Vargas and then comes out with stuff like a 'super-fight' next.I understand why he is so disliked and I too think he is vastly overrated and completely finished .

I too lean slightly toward Canelo but the big question is , is he as good without the juice?

Comment

Bread’s Response: I like Ugas. He has one of those well rounded, hard nose technician games. I think he’s live with everyone at 147 except Spence and Crawford. No one should take him lightly.

If Errol is fighting Mikey next, I'm cool with Porter vs. Ugas! I see that as a 55/45 (Porter) fight! If Mikey decides to fight Pacquiao (or anybody else), then I want Spence vs. Porter immediately! I don't want to see a situation where Porter fights Ugas, Mikey fights TBA, and Errol is left scratching his nuts on the couch! Plan B: Spence vs. Lara in Dallas?

Comment

His take on Crawford and Spence was on point. Good mailbag.

Comment

the fat red kid will lite that boy up like a christmas tree

Comment

Working...
                    X