Nuclear Fusion Energy! THE FUTURE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
    like sunflower size?

all i know is somebody that used to live near some had his bedroom flickering with sunlight during the day. It drove him nuts.

Yeah, to make home suitable they will have to come down in size quite a bit.

Probably a lot more work to do, but does not mean it cannot be done

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      The UK has already done it.
      Hmmm. I'm surprised this didn't make a bigger news story.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        Yeah, to make home suitable they will have to come down in size quite a bit.

Probably a lot more work to do, but does not mean it cannot be done
        i was being a bit facetious but how they impact our quality of living is just as important as being clean/renewable.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
          i was being a bit facetious but how they impact our quality of living is just as important as being clean/renewable.
          I agree.

Solar panels and batteries are coming to the stage now where the consumer can actually save money by having them.

The tech is only going to improve from here on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
            Hmmm. I'm surprised this didn't make a bigger news story.
            https://www.sciencealert.com/the-uk-...fusion-reactor

The UK's newest fusion reactor, ST40, was switched on last week, and has already managed to achieve 'first plasma' - successfully generating a scorching blob of electrically-charged gas (or plasma) within its core.

The aim is for the tokamak reactor to heat plasma up to 100 million degrees Celsius (180 million degrees Fahrenheit) by 2018 - seven times hotter than the centre of the Sun. For this reactor, that's the 'fusion' threshold, at which hydrogen atoms can begin to fuse into helium, unleashing near-limitless, clean energy in the process.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really that interested in this subject though I do hope they find a way to make tons of really cheap energy. I'll really believe it when it is actually in place in real life.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not really that interested in this subject though I do hope they find a way to make tons of really cheap energy. I'll really believe it when it is actually in place in real life.
                It isn't going to be cheap, they invested billions and billions into it so far.

You still need the infrastructure and the maintenance of that infrastructure as well.

Power needs to be decentralized

Comment

If America is going to invent fusion they better do it before it turns into Mexico because Mexico isn't inventing anything.
                  LOL Mexico on your mind much?

Comment

Working...
                  X