Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Withdraws From Oleksandr Gvozdyk Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Alvarez EVER want a title shot?!?!?! This mfer confuses the f#ck outta me.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      Smart. Alvarez knows he's getting his shot regardless, he's BEEN owed one he shouldn't have to go through another eliminator after all the ones he's been through.
      He just lost his position. Alvarez vs Brown is probably coming up soon.

Comment

Boxing Scene posters in full speculation mode masquerading as fact as usual. Nothing new here.

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
          That's wtf i came up with. At any time he could have forced his mando. He's hoping for step aside money. He doesn't wanna fight.
          these ppl know the truth..they're just knowing that they're choking on their own words bc they've been blaming steveson even tho facts were out

same as when kov ducked that purse bid and they kept ****ting on adonis...it's over..

Comment

Disappointing. If they can't make Gvozdyk-Alvarez, it's kind of laughable to think they can make Crawford-Spence/Thurman.

Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              how is alvarez a ducker when adonis has been running from him all this time
              There’s no money in an Alvarez fight. Stevenson isn’t afraid of that dude lol come on. He’s just an ordinary fighter. There’s nothing great about him.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                these ppl know the truth..they're just knowing that they're choking on their own words bc they've been blaming steveson even tho facts were out

same as when kov ducked that purse bid and they kept ****ting on adonis...it's over..
                Pimp ducked first. Then Kovalev ducked second.

The problem is Pimp also ducked Hopkins and then Pascal. Kovalev fought Hopkins and Pascal twice. Kovalev then fought Ward twice. Looking at their careers, I think it's safe to say Kovalev is the braver fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Pimp ducked first. Then Kovalev ducked second.

The problem is Pimp also ducked Hopkins and then Pascal. Kovalev fought Hopkins and Pascal twice. Kovalev then fought Ward twice. Looking at their careers, I think it's safe to say Kovalev is the braver fighter.
                  pimp didnt duck he went to showtime to fight a higher ranked fighter...and that higher ranked fighter ran over to fight kov...

the definition of ducking is mean that u dip down in the ratings to fight lower rated guys...u're have to say that adonis did his job..bhop just ducked adonis to fight kov instead for less money...

yall need to stop trying to change history

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    Smart. Alvarez knows he's getting his shot regardless, he's BEEN owed one he shouldn't have to go through another eliminator after all the ones he's been through.
                    But since they named a final eliminator, he's no longer the no.1 contender. He just lost his spot.

I think the reason he did this is because he probably got some kind of guarantee from GYM that Stevenson would face him next, as a voluntary challenger.

The only problem now is that Gvozdyk will likely become the no.1 mandatory for Stevenson and the WBC will likely enforce that.

Comment

I've been waiting to see Alvarez fight one of the top guys for an age now. Never quite happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X