No announcement yet.

Random ps3 question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random ps3 question

Sorry to waste a thread on a single/dumb question, but yeah, a man needs answers. Gonna go get a ps3 today, and yeah, haven't played since ps2. Le question is, do I need to pick up a memory card aswell? Or are they built in nowadays? I have no clue, I just remember needing a memory card for the ps2. Thanks, green k

No memory card required. The games save in the hard drive itself.

Comment

You're way behind, sorry. With the PS3, the game saves in your mind. You upload it by thinking about the title of the game, then the PS3 reads the title from your mind and loads the game where you last left it off. Get with the times bro.

Comment

the new slim ps3 that most have in stores is not backwards compatible with ps2 games. it can only play ps1 games.

the older fat ps3 can play ps2 games, but some are faulty and glitchy. and the fat ps3 has been proven to fck up more.. i've gone through 2 PS3's . on my 3rd and its about to die soon... FFS

my dads old dreamcast that he bought in 1998 still fcking works to this day, yet im about to go through 3 ps3's during the consoles lifespan

Comment

my ps3 dont play ps2 games

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            the new slim ps3 that most have in stores is not backwards compatible with ps2 games. it can only play ps1 games.

the older fat ps3 can play ps2 games, but some are faulty and glitchy. and the fat ps3 has been proven to fck up more.. i've gone through 2 PS3's . on my 3rd and its about to die soon... FFS

my dads old dreamcast that he bought in 1998 still fcking works to this day, yet im about to go through 3 ps3's during the consoles lifespan

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
              Sorry to waste a thread on a single/dumb question, but yeah, a man needs answers. Gonna go get a ps3 today, and yeah, haven't played since ps2. Le question is, do I need to pick up a memory card aswell? Or are they built in nowadays? I have no clue, I just remember needing a memory card for the ps2. Thanks, green k

I would recommend getting a big hard drive because PSN has great deals that sometimes you can't resist and there are endless demos and F2P games. It feels good to know you have all the space you need to try any game you want.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-19-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply bros.

Comment

Things to note:

1. Only two models of the Ps3 are fully backwards compatible with Ps1/Ps2/Ps3. Those models would be the older Ps3s (the 'phat' models) If you want one of those you should buy it off eBay. Look for a well presented listing. Generally I would search on eBay "ps3 backwards compatible"

2. No hard drive is needed as they come with the console, but you can purchase a hard drive and install it yourself. I believe on both old/new models its simply a case of (un)screwing screws, opening/closing latches and sliding the new hard drive in.

Comment

A couple more questions for you guys;

1. What's the best assassins creed?

2. Any games kinda like Zelda OoT? Like open world concept, good storyline, etc.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X