Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: We're Not Really Charging for Crawford-Horn on ESPN+ App

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I actually heard Espinoza on Michael Woods Talk Box the other day & he was saying boxing gots younger fans than most other sports.

I was surprised by that remark myself, but I'm assuming he's going off of some sorta stats I've not seen cuz it has been awhile since I delved too deep into the "old boxing fan" bullet point I used to always make myself.
    Websites including this one have reported on the fact that boxing have been doing especially good with the younger demographic. This is good news for the sport. Haymon really screwed up a great thing. He had most of the top talent at 147 and if he played His cards right he could have gotten a big network deal like Arum did with ESPN. Instead he wasted big money on mostly mismatches and none of the networks gave him a deal. Thank god Espn is investing heavily in boxing

Comment

I'm an old boxing fan but I can setup this ESPN+ thing without problem. For those old boxing fans that are not technically savvy then ask your grandchildren to setup this thing for you right now and start your 7-day trial.

Comment

crawford is suppose to be the best fighter right now yet his fans is crying about paying $4.95 to watch it? matter fact, it's free since they can just cancel it right after the fight.

you dont even need to wait until your 7 day is up. after the fight just go into the app setting and cancel membership. funny to read some comments on here acting like its something hard to do lol.

"i dont wanna buy it because i dont wanna end up getting charge for it after i cancel it"... umm if you cancel it, you wont be charge for it.

Comment

I got the app; for 5 bucks a month you get one fight and a weekly recording of Dan Rafael talking to himself at his house.

I'm cancelling this **** Sunday morning.

Comment

Gotta love the people who think this is somehow a about the price. It’s like concluding people don’t eat McDonalds because it costs too much.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Gotta love the people who think this is somehow a about the price. It’s like concluding people don’t eat McDonalds because it costs too much.
              Agreed what interest me about this whole thing is seeing people hate this but get teary eyed about the DAZN deal.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                crawford is suppose to be the best fighter right now yet his fans is crying about paying $4.95 to watch it? matter fact, it's free since they can just cancel it right after the fight.

you dont even need to wait until your 7 day is up. after the fight just go into the app setting and cancel membership. funny to read some comments on here acting like its something hard to do lol.

"i dont wanna buy it because i dont wanna end up getting charge for it after i cancel it"... umm if you cancel it, you wont be charge for it.

Thats not the point. As someone touched on earlier boxing is a niche sport already in the USA. With as many people in this very thread that are groaning and reluctant about having to use a free trial and cancel or $5 and cancel, imagine the greater population that'll only watch boxing through scrolling through the channels? Or the people that feel they can just wait the for a day for it to go on Youtube or a week for regular TB and aren't bothered about watching it immediately. Regular ESPN is national. Take my Grandma for instance she watched every big fight broadcast on HBO, ESPN, Showtime, but I know for a fact she ain't about to get ESPN+.

Only a hardcore is about to go out of his way setting up an app and cancelling it. On top of illegal streams already taking a huge portion of viewers away. It's not doing anything to enhance Crawford's marketability.
                Last edited by Biolink; 06-08-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Thats not the point. As someone touched on earlier boxing is a niche sport already in the USA. With as many people in this very thread that are groaning and reluctant about having to use a free trial and cancel or $5 and cancel, imagine the greater population that'll only watch boxing through scrolling through the channels? Or the people that feel they can just wait the for a day for it to go on Youtube or a week for regular TB and aren't bothered about watching it immediately. Regular ESPN is national. Take my Grandma for instance she watched every big fight broadcast on HBO, ESPN, Showtime, but I know for a fact she ain't about to get ESPN+.

Only a hardcore is about to go out of his way setting up an app and cancelling it. On top of illegal streams already taking a huge portion of viewers away. It's not doing anything to enhance Crawford's marketability.
                  well, crying and not supporting aint doing anything for him either.

and dont act like signing up and canceling is so much work. you literally have the app right in your face! lol. it's no different than turning on your TV and changing the channels.

Comment

ESPN lookin at Arum like

Comment

The problem is apps do not make fighters household names - it is going in the exact opposite of that goal. If you go from ABC/CBS/NBC down to HBO/Showtime down to ESPN and then down to an ESPN app, it is entirely counter productive to the goal of making fighters household names.

Comment

Working...
                      X